Old 04-09-2020, 12:48 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Be safe Mags.

In fact, be safe everyone.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:55 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

SE, I live in southern Maine. Love it here.

Suze, there are some issues with wearing gloves as I just recently found
out. There’s a very good video of a nurse showing quite graphically why. Our nursing home clinical staff advised not wearing gloves when just walking around and especially for grocery shopping though do suggest it for some tasks. For shopping, think of this: you are wearing gloves. If an item you pick up in the store has the virus on it, it transfers to your gloves. When you pick up the next item, you contaminate it, and the next, etc. So what’s the benefit?

PJ, awesome

Hi Mags, do I gather that the injections are continuing to work?

Hi Andy, FBL, SG and everyone
Old 04-09-2020, 01:30 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hello all

Good luck with your appointment Mags xx
Old 04-09-2020, 03:49 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Went for an extra long nature walk yesterday during my lunch hour. There were a lot of families out walking too. Everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves. I also went to the grocery store and decided to buy more toilet paper. I literally now have enough to last me the rest of the year! Frankly, my life hasn't changed much at all. I've been practicing physical distancing my whole life!

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 04-09-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

The benefit is you do not touch a cart or a surface that other people have touched. But I see your point Sass. Sigh. s

OK....gloves are going to work if you go to the gas station for example and just buy milk for example. One item, and gloves then disposed of. I think that works. xx
Old 04-09-2020, 08:50 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Suze, I don’t think it’s a black and white subject! I wear a glove on one hand when I am out of my apartment and will be taking the stairs - because of railings. Does it make sense? Like so much of this one can argue both sides. There is some evidence that some people misuse gloves (eg after they leave a store, they take them off and drop them on the ground!). Also, they can give a false sense of security and some people won’t wash their hands as thoroughly. No easy answers!
Old 04-09-2020, 12:41 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Afternoon everyone -

wow, do i feel better after taking yesterday afternoon off and a good nights rest. I also chatted with hubby and he recognized that he has been falling down on keeping up with his todo list, and he is being more proactive today.

Saskia - I hear Maine is gorgeous. It’s one of the last 3 states on my list to visit, and it is one of my parents favorite states, so I look forward to it some day.

Mags - hope it goes well today.

baby is currently napping on her tummy with her bum up in the air. It’s little things like this that make me smile right now.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

SE, I hope you can make it to Maine for a visit. I’ve lived in 7 states (all mid-Atlantic and northeast) and think this is the cats’ meow for retirement!
Old 04-09-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Isn't it the cat's meow full-stop? s xx ❤️
Old 04-09-2020, 03:56 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Re-Member

YW Dee,
I love Krasinski's characters but he himself is pretty awesome IRW!

Sassy,
Glad you liked them too.

Andy,
From the success of Your younger DD, and her older sister’s determination I’d bet on full recovery. Glad they’re doing well.

Star,
No flying biters is great. Sorry about the losses in your grocery chain and the others too. We were wearing masks before they were mandated. We stay in our yard and wave to neighbors from 20 feet. When my SH goes grocery shopping she go to the big commissary at Ft. Carson. They will not allow anyone in without hand sanitizing and they take temperatures. At the AF base you MUST have a mask. But she takes gloves as well and disinfects the cart going in, and the food packaging as we bring them in. My dearest SH also sewed us masks that look professionally produced But I’m appalled at how many folks are determined to ignore all rules and recommendations. The people telling the folks it’s all hooey will later find their watchers, communities, supporters or base decimated. Zero sum game if I ever saw one. We shop once a week for food. My wife still drinks so she got several handles of scotch in the basement a several month supply. You stay safe young Hero!

Purp,
Can’t say I blame you. Lots of hard choices for working folks today. I hope you find what you need soon.

Sassy,
I agree about the axeholes not caring. (an axe head is dense metal, and the empty hole in the head is stuffed with wood and wedged so it can’t get loose.) Motivation is often misunderstood as no one can motivate another, it’s up to each. What leaders can do is create conditions, both positive and negative where they might motivate themselves when they see their goals/desires, even pain avoidance, line up. line up. Managers just move resources around, leaders inspire. We could use inspiration and leadership right now. We are reading the same news. I’m also using WAPO, and several compendiums https://about.flipboard.com/inside-f...-10-for-today/
https://www.morningbrew.com/daily/[email protected] and
https://join1440.com/?utm_source=join1440SL_leadin_PU all free and non partisan.

Suze,
Good advice, glad you found some. We keep several boxes of nitrile gloves in each of our size because we handled lots of poisons, fuels, septic system effluent doing repairs on our acreage we just sold, so had lots when we got here and stocked up more just before the big rush. Stay safe kiddo!

Toots,
Good suggestion! We wash ours on arrival home too. I have a box of 10 each N49 masks for if it gets really bad. The virus sticks to masks outside so without sterilization they can be worse than washable cloth.

PJ,
Good for you donating regularly. You’ll save some lives in or out of the pandemic.

Purp,
We saw the full moon too, remarkable!

SE,
Ice cream sounds good! The paper animal hunt should be a lot of fun the way you parent so enthusiastically with love. Made me smile!

Sophie,
It is frustrating for all of us with the constant barrage. I’m sorry it’s rattling you a bit. I don’t think we are having anything more special than other Sundays as we don't celebrate religious holidays, but don't begrudge those that do. I’d sure like to eat at that meal! Hope you feel better.

PJ,
Great way to pay it forward. The interested phlebotomist might be needing some recovery info too. You never know. I tell my story too when appropriate or asked. Good Job bud!

Mags
Glad you liked the first one, wait’ll you see the second – priceless! Mags when I was younger, from age 18-26, I was active duty AF as a Medic, then cross trained to Medical Laboratory Technologist and would have been in the thick of it. My youngest son, and my DIL, both BSRNs, are both in the thick of it. She’s working ICU in the Denver hospital, and he’s waiting to be called up by them because his Ortho clinic is closed for the duration. I worry for them and our toddler grandson and granddaughter. Childcare is still open, and I’m conflicted on that. I hope they can get by it.

Sassy,
I agree, the things that matter are the simple things. Stay safe and sober guys! You are in a terrific location foe an OFH as you call it. Dankjewel

FBL,
I’m glad you sound well!

Suze,
That’s great you can get out in your yard. Us too! We’re still busy turning this house into our home inside and out. There are lots of folks out walking but very few wearing masks!

SE,
The news doesn’t bother me so much either, just frustration I vent about on FB, not here. I just worry for our kids and you guts still working on the front lines. My full size tractor was a Ford 601, not green, my zero turn was Cub Cadet, and Craftsman rider with two clippings/leaf containers in back. I restored the full size tractor, you can see pics in my photo album here on my profile. Good self-care plan.

PJ,
I’ll bet the nurse was glad you were an easy stick too!

Mags,
I hope your injections appointment went well.

Sassy,
I spent time on the BU campus in the 60s driving up from CT to meet girls, then in 1972 spent two weeks TDY at Loring AFB back when it was an active duty base. We drove up to Madawaska for the girls and Presque Isle for beer. Had some scary white outs as it was February and snow was piled ten feet high on both sides of the runways. We actually had underground tunnels to get around but I preferred the car. Maine’s gorgeous I agree, with great seafood!

OK caught up, gotta go finish up today’s install and then relax again. Stay safe guys
Old 04-09-2020, 05:14 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

I will darling Itchy....you too. So much love. xxxxx s ❤️❤️
Old 04-09-2020, 10:55 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:57 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-74-a.html (One Year & Over Part 74)

D