Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 82

Old 01-25-2020, 04:22 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hey Bobbie....posting here cos Nick won't read this....it isn't better than I thought.
It is way worse. I am going to have to accept something here which goes against everything I know...this beautiful lady needs full-time care in a nursing home and they won't do it. It is not going to end well. And I can't do anything about it.

I am not OK.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

(((Sooz))) Sorry you're having such a rough time....that's gotta be super frustrating
Old 01-26-2020, 04:27 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Checking in & counting down 'til next weekend's Puppy Bowl....

Old 01-26-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Back folks. Interesting experience- I attempted to coordinate us all so we would not ASSUME anything. This weekend is a long weekend. The Tour Down Under was on (so thousands of cars on the road)- an international standard bike race. It is also the Australia day weekend- and the last before school goes back. So it took us 3.5h to go 150k..The camping ground was isolated, natural scrub- beautiful beach. Only 6 sites- booked out. Lunatic friend assumed there would be sites available. Then we checked every camping site- remote and otherwise for 50k- all booked out. So we ventured into Victor Harbour- a lovely seaside town always dripping with summer holiday makers and the end line for the race. Took an hour to go 1K. We ended up in a caravan park- lovely setting with Kooka's,a creek and gums- and hundreds of children and annoyed parents. All ok- and in a way best, as the camping stove I took- new, checked it before we left and it worked- did not work. Being without coffee would have led to a great deal of unhappiness. The communal kitchen also was locked at 2100 and not opened until 0800. But it was fun, and will do other trips- not ASSUMING stuff. The other 2 happy campers wanted to stay another night- but I was very sore- the burns stuff and at least these days I listen to my fried bod and do not push myself to ridiculous levels. The plan was one night- then think about a second. So we ventured home. Just as well, as soon I had unpacked- I was hit by a wave of fatigue and nananapped for a time. It was also a good test- 2y ago the longest I could go for in any activity- without needing the safe harbor of home for rest etc was about 6h. This time I lasted close to 30. No pics- there was just too many cars ad people to stop the car. Also the other campers in the booked out isolated sites- young males with lots of booze. No power, compost toilets.... One group even had bought a generator so their booze would stay cold. Although just past 1200, they were starting on doing 'shots'. I prefer families and kids to very drunk groups of males. So overall - a good experience, although hardly what we ASSUMED would happen. Life is what happens to you when you are planning other things.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Glad you were able to make the best of it and get home okay PJ....can't say I would've done so well without coffee!
Old 01-27-2020, 10:43 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Suze, I'm so sorry. Keeping you all in prayer.

PHX - proud of you. Glad you stretched your boundaries and had fun.

Have a great day, guys.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:51 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I don't know how far Nick got with talking to his dad, but by Sat he and his aunt were both convinced that I am right....hopefully Nick's dad will see this. It is actually cruel not to put her in a nursing home at this point....she can no longer walk or eat or do anything without aid. And I don't want my FIL to g through what is going to come next.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:29 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

That's so hard. I'm sorry you are all going through this.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:40 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

A difficult time Suze. My elderly relie's (who are my NOK since bro refused) are in their late 80's and have lived on their beautiful property in the hills for half a decade- or more. Prayers.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Stupid tangential memory. They HAVE to move soon, health and stuff. A stressful time.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:45 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Glad to see there's a little progress Sooz....hope it works out for everyone

I saw a sweet video yesterday that GS posted....apparently Shannon had a '64 Impala a while back and had to sell it during financial struggles....Sully surprised him with one over the holidays + he is also celebrating 4 years of sobriety! I knew he had stopped drinking but I didn't realize it was that long ago....Sully told him how proud of him he is, and Shannon said "I'm proud of me too"
Old 01-28-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Wow, that's lovely Purps.

I am not OK today.....I wish I could pour it all out here, but it isn't an option.
Things did not go well last night.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I discovered yesterday because of another curriculum change- I have 10 days to prepare for a subject in the Art Bachelor- instead of 3 months. It goes down to spending many hours practicing drawing and painting- as it has been over a year since I did these techniques with structure. I had a small melt down, as the PTSD stuff leaves me with the same intensity of emotions (all strong 'I am a failure' and 'something bad is going to happen" ones) from the change of curriculum- to someone dying- and it is exhausting. Went and saw someone at the School for reassurance- and told him as such- that helped a little. Seeing my old counsellor soon...just to talk. My friends- well, they are either normal and very busy- or worse than I am in their dealing with life. I did the HALTS stuff too- made sure to take meds- and eased off gym these last few- as have been teetering on a migraine.
But through the clumsy and messy efforts I do- I slowly improve. It is not so much about the art- but making the effort for being always in a positive recovery.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:59 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Wow PJ, that would cause a ton of anxiety for me too....looks like you are taking all the right steps....remember to breathe

So sorry Sooz....
Old 01-28-2020, 10:04 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I rarely forget to breathe Purp (haha?)

Saw my old counsellor for a chat and a coffee. He always fits me in- we meet near the Recovery program office in the city. Always feel better. Rationed gym work- art later after the temp comes down from 100F.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:11 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

It's snowing again. Not terribly cold though, so it's not messing up the roads.

Sounds like you've made a lot of progress, PHX.

Purps, that's awesome that Sully is celebrating Shannon's sobriety with a '64 Impala. Sweet.

Suze - keeping you all in prayer. We got lucky over the summer, my dad's health turned around so he could go back home. He was in a nursing facility for about 3 weeks and it was hard on all of us. My heart hurts for you all.

Hey BBG!

Hope all is well, MITA.

Hi to Lillian, 13th, Caramel, Spacegoat and anyone else that drops by.

Hey, Dee!

I hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

I am so glad to hear about your dad....to be honest, I was afraid to ask you when we were messaging yesterday. That makes me happy.

God willing, I am going with Nick to his parent's in a couple of weeks. It's my MIL's bday on Feb 15th, and I am praying she will still be with us and we can make it nice for her.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:58 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Bobbie-eureka! Good to see ya.

MITA my good man - I got the potatoe joke

I have not been able to keep up with the thread after that.

Sorry for anyone who is suffering. I know that we all go through it.

Venus, I sent you a PM. Best wishes to all of the crew around here.

Ye know who u are. 'If it wasnt for the good folks, life would not matter'

It's been hell on earth the past 6/7 months for me. Just coming around to myself now.

Bit of an accountability post to do, nothing much. That's not the issue so I'l leave it for another day.

Will try to catch up with peeps here an' there in the future at some point. Gonna chill for now though.

Have a good day or night everyone, wherever you are.

Oh and PS: There's a kinda cute girl working in the local shop over there.

Does anyone know how I can get talking to her?!?!?!?!?

e.g "my friend (Jesus) wants to know if you will hang out with me"?

Stuff like that? I dunno anymore Something else to think about.

Open to suggestions! eta: Heya Venus. PJ and Purps also.

happy out so- cheers guys
Old 01-29-2020, 08:47 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

lmao SpaceGoat....maybe not that line.
(And I will reply, had a tough coupla days.... )

Um.....how about hi, I'm SpaceGoat. And then she will either tell you her name or just smile. If she tells you her name, then you can say.....Would you like to have a coffee with me Janine?

Now if her name isn't Janine I would change that last bit.

s xxxxxx
Old 01-29-2020, 09:33 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Glorify the Lord in all things, Venus! (not even kidding)

I'm sorry to hear that you're down. You can PM anytime

Jesus was the only friend I had for a time here (IRL). Not kidding either.

That was an old line though when we were kid's- "my friend wants to know will you kiss me"

I never had the gall to say it, but others did! Oh, her name will be on her namebadge! (duh)

Was over there last night and she was a bit clumsy. Ditty, or so. Could be a good sign.

I was in a good mood, just tired. This girl actually looks like a friendgirl of mine anyway

(who I havent seen for years) except taller. Which would even make us more compatible...

Second point is this: I actually met the girl on my way here to this b&b.

(She is smiling btw) asked her for directions, and she gave me the wrong ones...

... Which had to be on purpose, because she is working as a manager across the road...

Wtf? Maybe I could forgive her... If she was like- sextra nice to me -or whatever....

(Sorry!)