Class of October 2019 Part 1

Old 10-05-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I'm fine thanks Caramel
Congrats Patterson!
Old 10-05-2019, 10:48 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Sadly day one, however, I am recommitting and excited about my journey towards health, self-love and healing from alcohol abuse and domestic abuse. I am currently researching executing plans as well as creating new neural pathways and finding it very helpful.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:44 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

when you get some concrete ideas on plans feel free to run when past the group for feedback Zura

D
Old 10-06-2019, 12:50 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

hi Dee,
My plan is as simple as DO NOT DRINK no matter what and actually COMMITTING 100% to never drinking again. My plan is useless without commitment. I need to hold myself accountable to myself at all times.

I will need to utilise outside supports such as reaching out here if my AV is winning and increase those supports if i relapse by going to an addiction counsellor, and if that fails going into some sort of program like rehab.

Routine, water, healthy eating, mindfulness, self help resources, nature, gratitude, purpose and enjoyable hobbies are already part of my everyday life and now that the final missing piece of the puzzle has clicked i expect my life will improve quite a bit overtime.

getting out of a toxic relationship in i was in danger of losing my life was the first best step. I am feeling really positive today about building a peaceful life for myself.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:55 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Morning! Lovely to be back here and feeling a bit better (alcohol wise) on Day 4. Cold wise still feeling rubbish but could be worse.

My goodness Suze, that sounds awful, take good care of yourself today and maybe get out in the garden for fresh air. You too Lulubread - that sounds really rough hun, love to you.

Everyone is doing such a good job and I know how hard it is but we are all here and all trying. It will happen if we stick together.

Im making plans this weekend about how to move forward. I'm going to re-read Rational Recovery because I'm realising that my AV is rampant and in sneaky, insidious ways......not always telling me to drink but talking me into cutting off my lines of support. I'm going back to AA too and feeling that, with some work, I should get back on my feet......then it's all about maintainence.

Take care and be kind to yourself. Gabe xxx
Old 10-06-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Whittaker VS Adesanya here it comes!!!!

I like them both, but I'll go for Whittaker.

On second coffee!!!!!!!

Note: I could be blackout drunk now. Glad not to be (huge risk especially when I am exhausted and go into a overtired hyper manic state)

Walk outs....
The Stylebender won, second round knockout. Then it ended. Whoever won it makes no impact or difference to my life. May the best man win, no emotional investment.

But not drinking makes an impact and difference to my life: no hangover this morning, no regrets. A win.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Very busy thread yesterday. Saturday was busy and super rough for me. Not feeling great right now. More soccer for the kids today and then we are going to the movies. Hope everyone has a great Sunday
Old 10-06-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Good afternoon folks

It's day 6 for me. Injuries are healing well, one of the most painful ones seems to have pretty much healed now, finger's crossed!
Old 10-06-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday No wine last night for me. My brother and I ordered Uber Eats and had a nice evening. Though I was asleep by 9:30! Work is extremely busy this time of year, was walking around nearly the entire shift. I don’t count steps but wish I had.
I work today again. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday 🧘*♀️

To wake up to the cool morning, listen to birds, and having morning coffee on the balcony is better than anything. I have yoga followed by cardio and I will be there not in bed with nausea, a headache, and shame today.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Very close call last night but I'm glad it happened. My husband and I went to a comedy show with a 2 drink minimum. and just like that my AV switch clicked on.... And I ordered an apple/pear martini and a long island ice tea and a glass of water. Funny the waiter actually misunderstood and brought 2 LIT and the martini. I was like well this is a sign to drink... I smelled the martini and almost puked on the table and then I smelled the Long Island Ice Tea and same thing... I looked at my husband and said, I've made a BIG mistake. He just held my hand and said it's o.k. I gave my drinks to the table next to us with was well over $40 'sigh' worth and they graciously took them and looked so puzzled as to why I didn't want them. lol they don't know the torment in my head. I drank my whole glass of water and ate my buffalo cauliflower which was insane good. I have a plan, I have support the only thing that is my opposition is my own brain. I am up windows open, coffee in hand, I have my sanity and I do not have a hangover. OH please let me mention the comedian had us in stitches and guess what he got sober years ago and most of his material was just about that. Perfect!
Old 10-06-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Congrats on day 11 Neverthought!
Thank you Citrus...and Congrats to you.

And to the rest of the class as well.

Let's keep it up!
Old 10-06-2019, 08:06 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Take care of yourself Suze. I have to irrigate my eyes a lot after exposure to ammonia or chlorine type things.

Hugs to everyone else not feeling great today - tomorrow will be better

D
Irrigate with water I guess....I have an eye bath....thank you.....I asked a doctor (my friend next door) and she said be very careful re anything I use to treat this.

And a huge congrats to you on 12 and a half years sober. ❤️
Old 10-06-2019, 08:09 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
Sadly day one, however, I am recommitting and excited about my journey towards health, self-love and healing from alcohol abuse and domestic abuse. I am currently researching executing plans as well as creating new neural pathways and finding it very helpful.
Welcome love. ❤️
Old 10-06-2019, 08:12 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
hi Dee,
My plan is as simple as DO NOT DRINK no matter what and actually COMMITTING 100% to never drinking again. My plan is useless without commitment. I need to hold myself accountable to myself at all times.

I will need to utilise outside supports such as reaching out here if my AV is winning and increase those supports if i relapse by going to an addiction counsellor, and if that fails going into some sort of program like rehab.

Routine, water, healthy eating, mindfulness, self help resources, nature, gratitude, purpose and enjoyable hobbies are already part of my everyday life and now that the final missing piece of the puzzle has clicked i expect my life will improve quite a bit overtime.

getting out of a toxic relationship in i was in danger of losing my life was the first best step. I am feeling really positive today about building a peaceful life for myself.
Now that's a plan!!! s

You were in danger of losing your life? Oh love. s
I am so glad you had the courage to get out of that relationship. s

So glad you joined the group....and to anyone else that is new, just s very pleased you are here with us.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
Very close call last night but I'm glad it happened. My husband and I went to a comedy show with a 2 drink minimum. and just like that my AV switch clicked on.... And I ordered an apple/pear martini and a long island ice tea and a glass of water. Funny the waiter actually misunderstood and brought 2 LIT and the martini. I was like well this is a sign to drink... I smelled the martini and almost puked on the table and then I smelled the Long Island Ice Tea and same thing... I looked at my husband and said, I've made a BIG mistake. He just held my hand and said it's o.k. I gave my drinks to the table next to us with was well over $40 'sigh' worth and they graciously took them and looked so puzzled as to why I didn't want them. lol they don't know the torment in my head. I drank my whole glass of water and ate my buffalo cauliflower which was insane good. I have a plan, I have support the only thing that is my opposition is my own brain. I am up windows open, coffee in hand, I have my sanity and I do not have a hangover. OH please let me mention the comedian had us in stitches and guess what he got sober years ago and most of his material was just about that. Perfect!
That's kind of a beautiful story.
I can only imagine how incredible that felt to give those drinks away.
And gosh your husband is really supportive huh? s ❤️❤️
Old 10-06-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hey Neverthought....gosh I love your dog. ❤️❤️
Old 10-06-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi all. Back again at day one. I honestly wouldn’t bother coming back at all if it wasn’t for those people on here who prove it is not impossible to live without alcohol. I’m a multiple failure and have very little hope...but I’m here

hello
Old 10-06-2019, 12:19 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

(((Be))) ❤️

So very glad you are here. s
Anyone who keeps trying when it is really hard is the opposite of a failure.....and I know many of us have felt this same way.....we understand. s ❤️
Old 10-06-2019, 12:48 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
(((Be))) ❤️

So very glad you are here. s
Anyone who keeps trying when it is really hard is the opposite of a failure.....and I know many of us have felt this same way.....we understand. s ❤️
Venus I love your posts! Look forward to reading them everyday!