Notices

Class of October 2019 Part 1

Old 10-05-2019, 05:50 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good morning and congrats to everyone who stayed sober. It is the start of day 2 for me. The first thought that ran through my mind this morning was “how many did I drink last night”....such a weird and wonderful feeling to be able to say “wow, you actually didn’t drink last night.” Saturdays are normally a mixture of running errands and pounding beers all day. Thankfully for me the first half of my day will be spent out of the house at soccer games. Got to find a way to stay occupied in second half of the day. Might hit an online meeting if I can find one available. Best of luck to everyone today.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:07 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Hello JulySeaCoast.
I think I said welcome to you in the weekender à few days ago...
You did, and thank you
Old 10-05-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenDog View Post
Good morning and congrats to everyone who stayed sober. It is the start of day 2 for me. The first thought that ran through my mind this morning was “how many did I drink last night”....such a weird and wonderful feeling to be able to say “wow, you actually didn’t drink last night.” Saturdays are normally a mixture of running errands and pounding beers all day. Thankfully for me the first half of my day will be spent out of the house at soccer games. Got to find a way to stay occupied in second half of the day. Might hit an online meeting if I can find one available. Best of luck to everyone today.
Wow!!! Me too. I woke up thinking how much did I drink last night. I don’t miss going downstairs in the morning and opening fridge and feeling ashamed at how little is left in the second bottle I opened.

And I am off to work today. I work at a winery.....I know I know. Oddly though it doesn’t trigger my desire to drink. Have a great sober day classmates
Old 10-05-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuluBread View Post
Had a rough day at the new job. I suffer from MCS also...and guy below me sprayed on a ton of cologne and it made me sick all night. Couldn't sleep because of it.
Me too Lulu.....and I am so upset this morning.

The window cleaners were here yesterday for hours (big place and they haven't been cleaned for 3 years) and he had cologne on as well. HUGE problem....and then the chemicals they used to clean the scum from the glass gave me chemical burns around my eyes and my eczema has gone nuts.

I can barely see to post.

(My teacher at school wears perfume and I am going into anaphylactic shock every Tuesday...I dont know what to do about it).

So Gabe has a bad cold, and you and I have been poisoned.....so maybe we can stick together today and cheer each other up a bit. s xx ❤️❤️

......Sorry to be whiny.....love and good morning and welcome to all of the new peeps and huge hugs for everyone.....let's do Saturday!!!
Old 10-05-2019, 07:55 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Oh no Venuscat, toxic chemicals from window cleaning 😷 I personally can’t stand the smell of bleach 🤢 my husband loves to clean with it but knows not around me. Can you ask them next time to use a more natural, non toxic cleaner? I understand the feeling.

I am on day 62, tomorrow will be 9 weeks. I’m struggling, to be honest I have to tell myself just to stick it out for 90 days to beat my 8 year record. Plus I think that amount of time my body and brain might heal. Then I will set my sights on 100 days. I know I’m just moving the goalposts. It got me through last nights thought of going out for drinks with my husband. I’m not ready to accept I can’t drink yet. Posting about my thinking here might help. I know coming here first is best.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

(((mariposa))) ❤️

I think moving the goalpost is a valid tool....set your sights on 90 days, then 100, then I bet you will want to keep going because you feel so much better. s

After my relapse in 2014, I struggled for months. I had to tell myself different things to keep going until I could get strong again....I would say things like 'you are on a health kick....trying to get healthy and fit and look great'.....there was no place for alcohol in that scenario....

Whatever it takes. As Dee says, being sober today is the goal but it it doesn't always have to be graceful. He actually says it a lot better than that....I really am struggling today.

It was ammonia. OMG. I am DEATHLY ALLERGIC. You should see my eyes....the left one is red raw an inch all around, and my forehead is a mess....and they won't be coming back ever....this only gets done every couple of years. Thank God.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:23 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just got home from the first activites of the day. I am beat. But so glad I was clearheaded this morning. My car wouldn't start. While frustrating we got it jumped and going before any of our plans where delayed. My husband was so sweet about it all. My yongest threw a fit about having to leave the house before 7am... but we made our way through that as well. Went to an XC meet, oldest son did really really well. And then went to see my Grandma in the nursing home, something I put off way to often. She has dementia/alzheimers and doesn't know us at all. But I am all she has left.
Anyway, home to recoup for a few hours. Some cleaning to do. I've got Sound of Music on and a knitting project to keep me occupied as well. Feeling strong, but I know that can fizzle out in the afternoon.

I shut up now and read how you all are doing! Wishing you all a great afternoon.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:16 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hugs to you all not feeling well.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:27 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hey Octsobers...

Just checking it... I was on business travel this wee to Denmark. I was alone during the evenings after work and managed a sober week. We expense all costs and I could have gone in the wrong direction. I did have the occasion flash back, but I didn't really have any urges. I'll start reading back on everyone's posts since I missed many returning/newcomers while being away.

Today is day 11 and I know the drill regarding how quickly things can go south.

Congrats to all in this class!
Old 10-05-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 11 Neverthought!
Old 10-05-2019, 12:09 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Second evening/night without wine and it is not easy. Thankfully my adult daughter has asked me to pick her up from a social function at 12.30am so basically there is not a chance I can give in to the urges. Having a take-away, reading on here and then more netflix.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

You are right Deirdre, its not easy. But you are doing it!
Old 10-05-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

I wish I could read properly to post tonight.....just welcome Deirdre and so much love Citrus and to all of you. s xx
Old 10-05-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
(((mariposa))) ❤️

I think moving the goalpost is a valid tool....set your sights on 90 days, then 100, then I bet you will want to keep going because you feel so much better. s

After my relapse in 2014, I struggled for months. I had to tell myself different things to keep going until I could get strong again....I would say things like 'you are on a health kick....trying to get healthy and fit and look great'.....there was no place for alcohol in that scenario....

Whatever it takes. As Dee says, being sober today is the goal but it it doesn't always have to be graceful. He actually says it a lot better than that....I really am struggling today.

It was ammonia. OMG. I am DEATHLY ALLERGIC. You should see my eyes....the left one is red raw an inch all around, and my forehead is a mess....and they won't be coming back ever....this only gets done every couple of years. Thank God.
Oh no!! Hugs and feel better soon.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Administrator

Take care of yourself Suze. I have to irrigate my eyes a lot after exposure to ammonia or chlorine type things.

Hugs to everyone else not feeling great today - tomorrow will be better

D
Old 10-05-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

^ Get better quick, Dee
Old 10-05-2019, 08:14 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Watching UFC live.

Glad to be on water. Maybe make some tea or coffee soon.

The thoughts of watching while consuming alcohol crossed my exhausted mind earlier. Long week, long day. Chose to sleep instead and skip the prelims. Defaulted to self-care. Glad now made that decision, feeling rested and woke for the main card.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:29 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Today is 7 days!

My sleep is really messed up though, all day today I thought it was Sunday...it's Saturday Patterson you dork! I haven't worked in 3 months so losing track of the days is kinda par for the course at this point...

I went out and about for a bit, but I felt kind of weird, hard to describe, almost a detatched floating feeling. My sight was fuzzy, hard to focus,
I'm not sure if I was just really tired, or it was a bit of lingering withdrawal.

Either way I figured it was best to go home. Of course my boyfriend is watching every football game he can find, so I played with my Lego Harley kit. He doesn't drink that often, he can take it or leave it. It mystifies me. I'll drink till every drop is gone, then go get more. He can have one beer and stop for the night, and still have a dozen in the fridge. No fair!

He's super supportive though, never ridicules me even when I get stupid drunk. I'm a lucky girl to have him.

Think it's time to catch up on that sleep...take care everyone.. 🌛
Old 10-05-2019, 08:45 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
^ Get better quick, Dee
I think I misread Dee's post! but, whatever, be well, everyone
Old 10-05-2019, 09:14 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Watching UFC live.

Glad to be on water. Maybe make some tea or coffee soon.

The thoughts of watching while consuming alcohol crossed my exhausted mind earlier. Long week, long day. Chose to sleep instead and skip the prelims. Defaulted to self-care. Glad now made that decision, feeling rested and woke for the main card.
Whittaker VS Adesanya here it comes!!!!

I like them both, but I'll go for Whittaker.

On second coffee!!!!!!!

Note: I could be blackout drunk now. Glad not to be (huge risk especially when I am exhausted and go into a overtired hyper manic state)

Walk outs....