Notices

Class of October 2019 Part 1

Old 10-04-2019, 02:05 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Back Again

Hi everyone,

I’m going to try this again. Obviously I need to try a different approach. I’m going to try to work out a plan. I’m thinking the first step is to find a counselor. Something scaring me lately is that I’m isolating from most people other than my husband over the past year or so. I’m one of those people who put up big walls and get angry and feel like they don’t need anyone. I’ve hurt people. Feel like I built myself into a tiny dark corner. I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but I have a lot to be happy about. I want to be happy. But I’m a mess again. Day 1. Thanks for being here.

Magpie
Old 10-04-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Magpie (and the rest of October class),

I too am back on square 1. I have had a couple decent stretches of sobriety over the last 12 months. I’ve found what really helps is staying active on this site, attending online SMART recovery meetings, and exercising. The biggest issue for me has been maintaining motivation and committing 100% to not drinking alcohol. I feel like crap mentally and physically today (and have felt awful mentally and physically for a while). I can’t keep going through this cycle because it will kill me.

Good luck to everyone tonight. I plan on getting in a run, hanging with my family, and then watching some TV. Most importantly I will not drink tonight.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi all, joining you. Day 1. I had all intentions of drinking tonight. I'm at home all alone for the first time in weeks and decided to come here and read instead. I am so tired of drinking. And I have to be up and have my kids all over creation starting at 6:30 in the morning. I think I will make myself some salmon and veggies for dinner and watch some TV. I keep trying to stop smoking when I stop drinking, but for today i will just say no to the alcohol. I once had almost 6 months sober after starting in October, I hope this will be the month I can make sobriety perminate forever.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:45 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome magpie citrus and greendog

Never doubt guys that the way out of the cycle is change

D
Old 10-04-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Welcome, new friends and classmates. I wish you all strength.

I happily made it past my most dangerous hours of temptation, the dinner hours. Prep, cooking, eating, all so fun with plenty of wine. Then a few more glasses for tv time.
I had intrusive thoughts all day while working. Varied between resolve and oh what the hell I can have a few. I arrived home and ordered pizza with my brother. My husband is visiting our daughter at college. I don’t fly or I’d have gone, too.

I am pretty irritable but didn’t drink. I’m reading along tonight here and playing my word games online. I feel bad I snapped at my brother then excused myself to hang out alone upstairs. I’m watching comfort shows:
The Simpsons, etc.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Magpie82 View Post
Hi everyone,

I’m going to try this again. Obviously I need to try a different approach. I’m going to try to work out a plan. I’m thinking the first step is to find a counselor. Something scaring me lately is that I’m isolating from most people other than my husband over the past year or so. I’m one of those people who put up big walls and get angry and feel like they don’t need anyone. I’ve hurt people. Feel like I built myself into a tiny dark corner. I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but I have a lot to be happy about. I want to be happy. But I’m a mess again. Day 1. Thanks for being here.

Magpie
With you all the way honey. s
I am so glad you are here. Huge hugs. ❤️
Old 10-04-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenDog View Post
Hi Magpie (and the rest of October class),

I too am back on square 1. I have had a couple decent stretches of sobriety over the last 12 months. I’ve found what really helps is staying active on this site, attending online SMART recovery meetings, and exercising. The biggest issue for me has been maintaining motivation and committing 100% to not drinking alcohol. I feel like crap mentally and physically today (and have felt awful mentally and physically for a while). I can’t keep going through this cycle because it will kill me.

Good luck to everyone tonight. I plan on getting in a run, hanging with my family, and then watching some TV. Most importantly I will not drink tonight.
Once again so so happy to see you today.
With ou all the way as well. ❤️
Old 10-04-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Hi all, joining you. Day 1. I had all intentions of drinking tonight. I'm at home all alone for the first time in weeks and decided to come here and read instead. I am so tired of drinking. And I have to be up and have my kids all over creation starting at 6:30 in the morning. I think I will make myself some salmon and veggies for dinner and watch some TV. I keep trying to stop smoking when I stop drinking, but for today i will just say no to the alcohol. I once had almost 6 months sober after starting in October, I hope this will be the month I can make sobriety perminate forever.
I think you can my love. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 10-04-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JulySeaCoast View Post
Welcome, new friends and classmates. I wish you all strength.

I happily made it past my most dangerous hours of temptation, the dinner hours. Prep, cooking, eating, all so fun with plenty of wine. Then a few more glasses for tv time.
I had intrusive thoughts all day while working. Varied between resolve and oh what the hell I can have a few. I arrived home and ordered pizza with my brother. My husband is visiting our daughter at college. I don’t fly or I’d have gone, too.

I am pretty irritable but didn’t drink. I’m reading along tonight here and playing my word games online. I feel bad I snapped at my brother then excused myself to hang out alone upstairs. I’m watching comfort shows:
The Simpsons, etc.
So many hugs love.
Your brother will ultimately understand.....just so very happy for you that today is a success. ❤️❤️
Old 10-04-2019, 08:36 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

So glad I stayed sober tonight. Going to bed, morning is going to come way to early. But I am excited to do the day starting with a clear head.

Goodnight Class!
Old 10-04-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Well, I guess I’m in for October. Apparently July wasn’t meant to be 😬
Old 10-05-2019, 12:01 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello BABM, Citrus, GreenDog, Magpie

Hope you all got through the day or night sober.

Stay safe friends
Old 10-05-2019, 01:29 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Mr

Suze I'm glad you are feeling better.
Hope you get to go for a ride on the hog this weekend
Old 10-05-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Morning everyone......Day 3 and starting to feel a bit better. Managed coffee today, which is always a good sign. I get scared when I start to feel better but this is my last time. I am just so sick and so tired and so scared of what might happen if I keep going.

Today I renew my commitment to change.

I am full of the cold, so I'm just in the house and coming to SR but this weekend is all about self-care and planning. Stick with it everyone. We can do it together xx
Old 10-05-2019, 03:10 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Day 2

Hello all
I am a wine drinker, a bottle every night for years now. I am tired of feeling tired during the day and have decided to stop.

The hardest part, as well as the craving I will have at night, is planning what I can do each evening after 8pm to occupy myself. I’m retired but babysit my grandkids during the day, school runs etc, exhausting but I really enjoy it.

Best wishes to all on here and thank you.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:20 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Mr

Hi Deirdre.
It's good to have you with us.
I propose posting here in the evenings.
Also there are a lot of online meetings and things these days which are practical.

Old 10-05-2019, 03:23 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello JulySeaCoast.
I think I said welcome to you in the weekender à few days ago...
Old 10-05-2019, 03:26 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Deidre

D
Old 10-05-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

I got through day 6. 😺
I'm starting to feel much better. I spent the evening watching movies with my 12 year old son. We went out to get munchies and I got to drive right past one of my beer and wine stores. It was such a liberating feeling not to have to turn in there!!

I didn't get a chance to read all of today's posts ( kid hijacked my tablet to play Plants vs Zombies) but it looks like there's a bunch more people! That's great!

Anyhoo...it's like 4 in the morning so I'm going to get back to sleep.
Happy Sunday!!! 🍁
Old 10-05-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Had a rough day at the new job. I suffer from MCS also...and guy below me sprayed on a ton of cologne and it made me sick all night. Couldn't sleep because of it.