Notices

Class of August Part 1 2019

Old 08-14-2019, 12:27 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Rooting for you

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Welcome Rsanchez

Nichole, I totally understand. I'm only on day 4 but usually after a few days I feel great and think oh it's ok I'll drink again. I just have to put the thoughts out of my head and say I won't drink no matter what. New habits help too tho take time.

I love sleep when sober and waking sober. It's so good, surely those feelings should make it enough for me to be sober. Sadly not though.

Day 4 drawing to a close here. Got lots done. Productive day at work. Step count done.

Another sober sleep.

Best wishes to you all.
Roo ijg for

Lets get our head on the pillow sober💛💛
Old 08-14-2019, 01:32 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Ahhh, I knew I knew you.
But then I saw your join date.....

I am in my 50s, an Aussie, moved here two and a half years ago to marry an SR. Yes really. Very glad I did. Lots and lots of adjusting though.....never married before (me) and no one speaks English in America.....kidding.....I had British parents and I am a touch pedantic.

I am studying online and about to go back to college one day a week to do addiction counselling and I am a writer. And a plant addict....currently own around 200 odd. My house and garden is a very pretty jungle.

Wow....Uganda....I haven't met any Ugandans here, but there is a big population in Melbourne, Aus. I imagine that moving to Europe has been very interesting for you.

And two little ones....wow.....a lot of joy and a lot of work.
Really nice to know more about you, Suze. Wow that you moved to marry a SR! That's amazing! I can imagine your home is beautiful with all the plants. Good job on the studying and going back to college. Much needed profession.

My original join date was early 2017 but I forgot the password to my former account so, to avoid wasting time looking, I decided to open a new one and pick up where I left...

Europe is nice so far. I'm really focused on my family right now so it's all I do. I could be anywhere in the world and it would not make much difference... especially because of the baby. I'm in full mum mode. Makes one wonder where I'd get the time or the energy to drink 🤦*♀️.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:37 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Day 10, had a really tough day but didn’t once consider drinking. Did consider moving but I’m going to stick it out here for awhile. Tomorrow is another day, just get to bed sober and hopefully tomorrow is better.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Ahhhh....sounds like a lot of stress mariposa.
Sending you so much love. xx
Old 08-14-2019, 11:08 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Morning all
Congrats on getting through the day Mariposa

Thanks Rsanchez and Nichole.

Day 5. Just from reading another thread I have a new plan. Even though I was sober for 3 plus years I still struggle with the forever concept. So I am in the process of getting fit anyway so I am telling myself I will have 3 months sober. Not that I have any intention of drinking at the end of it but it seems less onerous than forever. Just at this stage.

I'm losing weight which is always a great bonus when stopping drinking. Slept badly but so be it. Last day at work today till next week so busy day for me.

have a good day allx
Old 08-15-2019, 02:29 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Day 10. Sat drinking my morning coffee. I got up a bit earlier and went to bed last night a bit earlier. I am trying to incrementally adjust it to a sensible pattern. This was impossible to keep when I used to drink as I could sit up half the night drinking at least once a week which would put the rest of the week out of wack.

Last evening I was somewhat restless in my seat with a lack of concentration, but, not as bad as the evening before.

I am getting things done. I don't have the energy or the inclination to blitz the house or the garden but I am at least tidying up after I go and a bit more on top. It reminds me how when one drinks one puts one's life on hold. Things don't get done. Only the essentials.

I have to go out tonight and usually after this event folk all go to the pub for a meal and booze. I haven't made a call on this yet but I may, just this time, head off home directly after.

Bon chance for today one and all!
Old 08-15-2019, 02:35 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all

back to day 1, nothing to add except regret and guilt

have good day all x
Old 08-15-2019, 02:36 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome rsanchez, nichole lava and anyone just joining.

I'm known as D. When I joined here I just made it Dee, not realising that Dee was a girls name in other countries

D
Old 08-15-2019, 03:21 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Back starting at day one. Mentally and physically feeling sick and exhausted. Lucky for me I do have some degree of job security and was able to take today off to get myself together. Today has to be my last day one. I can just feel how angry my body is at me today from all the abuse I’ve caused it. I’m ready for big change. I’ve said it before but something feels different this time. Glad to be joining yet another class!
Old 08-15-2019, 03:40 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome LoveDD
D
Old 08-15-2019, 03:42 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Morning!!
I’m working on day 2 little tired I’ve been up since 3am I forgot how hard the first few days can be for me even though I’m tired still better then anxiety throbbing head and feeling sick!!
Hopefully all is well
Old 08-15-2019, 04:07 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Erratic but good on you for coming back strightaway.

Welcome LoveDD

Horse-I couldn't be in a bar so early on. Why put ourselves in temptation's way.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:37 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I’m in. First time on this site. I’ve been “class of January “ every year for the last twelve. I always start back up in March though. I gotta do something new as my beer guzzling has gotten out of control. Today is day three.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hello Harv.
Welcome!!!! s
Old 08-15-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
morn all

back to day 1, nothing to add except regret and guilt

have good day all x
I see courage and determination. s

What happens in your evenings do you think that makes it so hard to tell the AV to leave you alone? Maybe identifying the exact time it happens will help you? For me it was cooking dinner. It just triggered me terribly. I had no clue how to do it without wine. So I had to change things up....I started making a casserole I love (tuna pasta) during the day, so that all I needed to do was plate up and heat in the evening.

Or I grabbed a snack and went to a meeting....getting home around 9 meant I was now safe and could cook dinner. Funny how my brain works: I had no trouble telling the AV to go jump at that time of night.

So that was me. But I was living with a cat, not a partner, and I didn't have to deal with relationship stuff. That can be such a big trigger.

Whatever it is, let us help you love. Between us we have a ton of tools for all sorts of different situations.

Sending love. Glad you are here honey.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveDD View Post
Back starting at day one. Mentally and physically feeling sick and exhausted. Lucky for me I do have some degree of job security and was able to take today off to get myself together. Today has to be my last day one. I can just feel how angry my body is at me today from all the abuse I’ve caused it. I’m ready for big change. I’ve said it before but something feels different this time. Glad to be joining yet another class!
Hello.
How wonderful to see you again. I just love writing your name....Hi Love.

I know that feeling.....something inside says this is it. My last day 1. I am taking my life back. Today. And it is very empowering. s
Old 08-15-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Welcome to our new classmates! This is a good place to be.

I went to my first AA meeting yesterday. I was instantly welcomed and it was such a relief to be in a room with people who understood. It was a relief to share and I left with a renewed feeling of hope.

I wish I had added that to my recovery years ago!

A busy day for me (catching up on everything I ignored during my last bender) but I'll post again later.

Stay full of hope and resolve. Stay sober.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Fantastic Pelagic!!!
I love AA. s
Old 08-15-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Yes Venus that is exactly how I am feeling! I also associate wine dinner time so I will try some of your tips for that as well. Dumped any remaining alcohol out this morning. Ordered some recovery books. Really hoping I can make this stick and start living to my full potential!
Old 08-15-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Pelagic good for you going to AA that takes a lot of courage! I can relate to catching up from the last bender ho hum sadly just showering for me today is work. Have been up since 0300 with post bender anxiety.