Notices

Class of August Part 1 2019

Old 08-15-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Lava I can completely relate to the wanting to “relax” feeling I have two kids preschool age. Throw in working full time, It’s tough! Good job getting through such a big outing and not giving in! I really need to work on more positive ways to decompress.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:40 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just got done catching up on all your posts. I'm off to bed in just a few, I had a really long day. It was pretty good though.
I agree that a big drinking party would be a huge mistake right now, at least for me it would.
I'm still having some 'triggers' coming home at night. It can feel so overwhelming sometimes, but like others have said here, eating something nutritious makes a big difference. It needs to be an actual meal, not just some chips and a coke. It helps so much.
It's good to see you all here, working at it. Day six is in the bag!
Old 08-15-2019, 08:28 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you going erratic?
Welcome HarvW

D
Old 08-15-2019, 09:09 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in x got work this morn as i was too sick to work yesterday due to self inflicted alcohol. nvm back today

i am ok, i got passed the witching hours last night i am actually proud of myself, husband did want to go to the shops when he got home and yes i went with him but nope i didn't get any alcohol and he did and came home and had some fishcakes and spinach, felt full but as normal went to bed to read and had early night. thanks for asking dee

thanks again venuscat and nichole and everyone else for being here xx

so will try again for my 2nd day x

hope you all had an ok day yesterday and congrats on everyone for there days or even not as long as u keep trying and doing x
Old 08-16-2019, 12:24 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Day 11. I managed to negotiate the social event last night successfully. The pub trip after with meal didn't happen as most had made an alternative arrangement to go to a restaurant after, which, mercifully, let me off the hook. Thus, I was able to drive home to a nice quiet night.

I didn't really have time to feel agitated when I returned home as I needed to get supper on and I had already planned to try and get an earlier night as part of my new regime. As such, I got to bed by eleven and was up at seven. I didn't sleep all of it but in my drinking days I would never be in bed by eleven and for this I am grateful.

In bed, I continued to read my book The Addicted Brain. Although primarily the book is about general drug addiction, I find it useful as it goes into the science which is informative.

I shall have a relatively quiet day today, God willing, generally doing housework and a bit of gardening but Saturday is another big sociable day where again the pub follows an outing with friends, primarily to eat...not drink. I'm also driving which is a good enough explanation not to drink.

It's actually quite nice planning my days around activities rather than around my hangovers. I used to pre-plan my binges by adding in a day off following for the ensuing hangover. I called these my "Bath Days".

I wish success to all of those facing the struggles of today.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:35 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Checking in for my 30th day tomorrow!!!! I feel so happy and full of gratitude for my AA program, SR and friends and family!
Old 08-16-2019, 01:31 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Morning classmates

Love, Nichole & Lava -your young ones sound great fun even though it's hard at times. Lots of mums on here. Me too though mine a little older now. Enjoy the pre school age -the years fly by so quickly!

Erratic=congrats on getting through last night and now on day 2 .

Niclin-congrats on 30 days!

Horse-great result last night-well done on getting through and leaving early

Karen-sorry just realised your name is on your posts-I keep calling you sober369 Congrats on day 6

Suze & Dee-thanks for looking after us all, as always

Day 6 for me. Good day yesterday did 15000 steps which is a max for me. Ate ok though had lots of bread which bloats me but better than wine so not beating myself up. Slept ok but woke with a terrible headache. Will walk it off this morning. Terrible weather here in Scotland.Stormy, wild, def staying in weather but on with the day!
Old 08-16-2019, 03:42 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Starting day 6 and thankfully I slept fairly well last night. Glad that the insomnia might be easing.

I haven't had the nerve to check my blood pressure, but from past experience I know it's probably still fluctuating. I've got meds for that. The crazy thing is that the last time I was sober for a while I could go off the meds completely. I want that again!!

Well, it's the weekend so let's all be strong. I was a social drinker for a long time, but that became difficult in a small town as things got worse. In my position I had to be "responsible." So I became a solo drinker and the wheels came off. Not good.

I'll add my thanks to Dee and Suze! Amazing people! Thanks!!

All for now. Stay strong, stay sober.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Lava
5 and 7 and they are full of life and energy
😊 so cute. They must keep you very busy. Mine are 3 and a half years and an almost 3 month old baby. Boy and girl.

Staying at home presented me with many opportunities to drink because we tend to stock up on a lot of alcohol at home. Life can get boring so I'd drink to entertain myself. That usually led to unfortunate endings so it's time to cut it out of my life.

Do you work?
Old 08-16-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveDD View Post
Lava I can completely relate to the wanting to “relax” feeling I have two kids preschool age. Throw in working full time, It’s tough! Good job getting through such a big outing and not giving in! I really need to work on more positive ways to decompress.
Wow, LoveDD. I have just one pre-schooler and he's a lovely handful 😂. Two would drive me nuts 😊. I've been a stay at home mum for about a year and a half and, while I railed against it in the beginning, I'm starting to enjoy and appreciate it. Work can be stressful so I do commiserate.

But like I said before, alcohol is one huge lie that I'm starting to challenge. Who said we need to drink alcohol to relax? A cup of milk or tea or lemonade tastes way better and gets the job done! I'm going to keep challenging the AV whenever it rears its ugly head. 🤗
Old 08-16-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh....such awesome posts.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Lava I have a boy and girl too my son is the oldest I’m a stay at home mom so it’s fairly easy for me to drink I try to keep busy for my mind doesn’t wonder around used to I’ll drink early morning while kids are in school then sober up they come home and start drinking again then after they go to sleep drink until I passed out or blacked out thank god I don’t do that anymore it literally about killed me

I decided I’m going to the concert no plans on drinking I hate withdrawals and starting over so I’m fully committed on staying sober for my own safety I really don’t want to get drunk and hurt a few friends are coming along unfortunately they drink and smoke but they are my bodyguards going to keep reminding myself today why I can’t drink
Take care y’all
Old 08-16-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Awesome Nicole!!! So glad you are going love.
Sounds like your friends have your back.....and so do we. s xx
Old 08-16-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Haven’t had time to read everyone’s post but just checking in real quick at the start of Day #2. Back to work, feeling much better and very determined.
I’ve decided I really need to start looking after myself better I’ll check in and read when I have a few minutes. Have a great day!
Old 08-16-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hope you have a good night Nichole. Do your friend know you are not drinking? Will they be pressuring you to drink with them? Will you want to drink with them when you're in the middle of them all drinking? Have a good escape plan if it all gets too much for you
Old 08-16-2019, 09:40 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

How is your head RAL? s xx
Old 08-16-2019, 12:36 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
How is your head RAL? s xx
Much better thanks you know I think I was dehydrated which is bizarre as even when drinking I drank litres of water a day and now not drinking I seem to drink even more. a painkiller, litre of water and a walk sorted me out. Thanks for asking. How are you? what are your plans this weekend?
Old 08-16-2019, 01:32 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I was going to ask how much water you were drinking....every time I get a headache it is dehydration. s

Hmm, I have not had a good day. But I have music on and fresh air and cold water and I am on SR. So it will be ok. xx

EDIT: Weekend plans on hold till my mood improves. s
Old 08-16-2019, 02:17 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Oh that's no good. I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad day. Is it something within your control or external stuff you just have to breathe and let it be? Hopefully it will all seem better in the morning and your plans now are good

Yes, I drink so much water, too much I sometimes think. I can drink 4 litres a day which I know is too much and that isn't every day. Had a peaceful evening, nice food, good chat with Mr Ral, games with Jr RAL and just looking outside now and the moon is just perfect, golden. think it's a honey or harvest moon , very lovely and peaceful.

Bed for me now, Good night everyone.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I missed the full moon again...I always feel it though.
It is both.....stuff within my control and stuff not. Either way, it is God grant me the serenity.....I need that before I can change things or realise I need to accept what is. I got there. I'm tired and my elbow won't heal. I had a good chat with my husband. So all is good and Friday night will be peaceful and beautiful. s

And thank you. xx

PS...I drink that much water too....it doesn't feel like too much to me.