Notices

Class of August Part 1 2019

Old 08-17-2019, 05:57 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

I loved the video, Venus! I hope everyone is having a good night. I had a great Saturday, and am planning on a great Sunday. I love weekends!
I've had nerve pain before, too. It was terrible, it was something in my lower back. At one point it affected my shoulder and neck, but mostly it was my back. There were times I couldn't move the pain was so bad. My heart goes out to those of you having this. It's wonderful that you are staying sober through it.
Have a happy, sober Saturday night everyone!
Old 08-17-2019, 06:14 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi Karen love.
Huge hugs and wishing you a lovely sleep tonight.
And hugs for Charlie. xx 💜
Old 08-17-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Made it through day 1, off to the next!
Old 08-17-2019, 07:38 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going trojanhorse

D
Old 08-17-2019, 07:50 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Hang in there rah 55
Old 08-17-2019, 09:18 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

I’m hoping to join this class, but might take me a few days to attend as need to do some weening first
Old 08-17-2019, 09:32 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Can I join? Day 1 here.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:53 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Administrator

Room and UNKNOWN you're both very welcome here

D
Old 08-17-2019, 10:28 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Past midnight where I am so start of day #4 for me! Can’t wait to be done this night shift and crawl into my warm, cozy bed.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newcomers.

Not much to say as drank last night Day 1.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:21 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought about doing something else for your recovery RAL?
Is AA or some other meeting based method an option at all?

D
Old 08-18-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Saturdays are hard.....weekends are hard to navigate full-stop in the beginning of this journey: I know they were for me. We just need to keep adding tools, and identifying triggers I think. Just even being around anyone who is having one or two drinks would have been very uncomfortable for me. Obviously I don't know what happened last night RAL love, but we are here, and we do this together.

Sober Sunday here we go! s
Old 08-18-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hello everyone 🤗. Checking in on day 11 this lovely Sunday. I hope you're all doing great.

RAL; glad that you got straight back onto the sobriety path after slipping up. You had 3.5 years before so you know you can do this. You're an inspiration to me.

I've fortunately had uneventful days so far so I'm finding it a little easy to stay sober, which makes me nervous. Honestly, right now, I have zero desire to drink. I'm not overly happy (so I don't think it's the so called pink cloud), I'm just content.

I know this is the time to re-stock my toolbox and ready myself for the hard times which are likely to come.

Welcome to our newcomers, Room and Unknown 🤗.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Welcome to our newcomers!

Room, why not post a little while you taper? It'll keep you on track. I can sort of taper, but it's tricky. In the end I wasn't really tapering much anyway. It was less, but still technically alcoholic.

Good to hear you're on day two Trojanhorse.

I slept! Whew! I know that sounds dramatic but sleepless nights really wear me down, leave me dulled the next day.

RAL, think about how it happened, what could have been handled differently. You came right back, though, instead of going out. That's great, and something I can't seem to do.

All for now. Stay the course everyone! It's worth it.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Welcome Room and Unknown! I'm glad you're here. Congrats on getting to day two Trojan!
RAL, I hope you can get right back into recovery. Let us know how it's going? Do you know what happened, as far as why you drank again?
When I relapsed I think it was because I was so tired of the struggle. It seemed like I was always fighting it. I want to stay in the place where it's not a struggle, where I am doing everything I can do to stay sober and not getting complacent, but also not fighting urges all the time. I wish this wasn't part of my life, and I could just live like everyone else, normal people who aren't addicted. But, this is the hand I've been dealt.
Hugs and happy Sunday to everyone!
Old 08-18-2019, 12:15 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your kind words.I have no excuses or reasons. The simple fact was I wanted a drink so I had one. I had no intentions all day but then I just wanted a drink. I don't think it through or think about the next day. It's almost irrational like it's someone else.

Thanks Lava, that's a lovely thing to say but I'm definitely no inspiration to anyone anymore I picked up again in April 2016, over 3 years ago and been struggling to stop since

It's great to see everyone else got through the weekend successfully, well done to you all whatever day you're on.

So i'm in bed now, sober though feeling tired, ill an sorry for myself. What a utter waste of a day.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:42 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Day 14. Was up 8 times in the night with a stomach ache! That's a record even for me.

Decided to have a quiet Sunday and a long bath. No booze in the house, so I am looking forward to two weeks sober tomorrow.

Welcome to those who have just joined the August Class.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I've just finished watching the John Callahan movie, 'Don't worry, he won't get far on foot'. I saw it being recommended on one of the threads here and thought I'd check it out. It's really good. Definitely worth it.

I'm going to bed now. Good night, everyone.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

I hear you dear RAL....the next step with that might be.....errr, whose voice is that? Which wolf?

One of the first and best things I learned on this site was from Dee.....the idea that we have an evil twin.....like the devil on our shoulder (again, fully paraphrasing, it was a long time ago)...we have two voices always that we can choose to listen to. And sure, the 'I want a drink' voice can be really loud and forceful.....it has a lot of practice....but we can learn to let the other voice win, the one who says no!! I don't want to do that....I want my life. I want peace. s
Old 08-18-2019, 04:33 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Howdy everyone.

Own a little farm outside of my regular job, so I was there today. That kept me busy. I had opportunities to run into town and by some booze for I was all by myself but I read something on here the other day where the person just kept repeating "Alcohol is not an option" I borrowed the phrase and managed to get through the cravings.

Welcome to the newcomers, I feel silly saying that since I just got here myself but still glad to have you.

No worries RAL, back on bus and away we go. I have quit and started many times. You can do it, stay with us.