Notices

Class of August Part 1 2019

Old 08-08-2019, 05:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today no matter what it is.
Not every day is the same but everyday can be negotiated sober.

Reach out for help and idea if you need them

D
Old 08-08-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee,

I really like your picture with the sailboat. Its a great quote as many of us are so remorseful about the years wasted in active addiction.

Our past is never going to get any better but we have a chance at a bright future.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Morning all

Woken with a thick head this morning. Partly as I didn’t get to sleep until around 5am and it’s now only 7:45am. Partly because of the air pressure - lots of rumblings in the sky but the storm not quite getting going.

hope you all have a good day x
Old 08-08-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Checking in for my three week mark!!! Feeling great, hit two meetings today and met with my sponsor AND fellowshipped with friends! All in all, a wonderful day.

Exhausted, but so happy!

Goodnight!
Old 08-09-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 4 here.

Didnt want to get out of bed this morning. nothing to look forward to except for a tower of responsibilities, chores and obligations.

Every single dish/utensil in my entire house is dirty, the grass is as high as my shins. A new leak is developing on the roof. Woop-tee-doo

New bills coming in and my investments are declining. Hope y'all are having a better day then me.

Im in a pity party.....poor me.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

In the class of May and June but figured I would stop by and wish you all a happy sober weekend! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-11-2019, 03:24 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 1. Worse and worse and worse. When I used to read about how worse it gets I never quite believed it. Now I can feel it. Every day when I wake up I'm thinking f when I can start drinking, what to buy, when to buy it. How much to drink s as not to feel really bad. Even worse I'm physically craving it earlier and earlier in the day. It stops now.

Day 1. Thank you for your support.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

8 or 9 days sober now. Not sure as time is more of a blur now than it's ever been!
Old 08-11-2019, 04:04 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hello August class! I started out (not for the first time) in July but yesterday was my day one. I'm going to be in both classes if that's okay. I had a few weeks in July but relapsed and it took me forever to get back. Every day was going to be my new day one, and every day I caved. I don't ever, ever want to go there again. If I have to sit and scream, pull my hair, or maybe just call someone or come and post here, I will never take another drink of alcohol.
I woke up this morning, my first thought was 'hey, I didn't drink yesterday!" and it was the most awesome feeling! Then, I realized that it's Sunday and I have the day off. It was like Christmas!
I've been really sick these past few days. I was trying with all my might to moderate, only having a little to 'take the edge off', so maybe it was withdrawals, I don't know. I just know I feel so much better today and I want to keep feeling better every day.
I am going to go back and read all your posts so I know who is here. Purina, so nice to see you here! I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time. Is there someone you can get to help with the yard while you do the house? I wish I could come and help. Actually, my own yard and house are in a mess, too. I'm afraid to do too much today, since I need to keep feeling better, but I plan to go out early this morning and cut grass for about thirty minutes. At least I can get the part up near the street so maybe my neighbors won't call the code enforcers. I am praying for you and thinking of you! I believe that if we stay sober, it will get better for both of us. I know it will!
Happy Sober Sunday everyone!
Old 08-11-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I have done too much today. Working in the yard. I just haven't felt good in so long. I got stung by something, not sure what but it's swelling up and stinging like mad. I took a benedryl. How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-11-2019, 10:20 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

hope your sting improves sober369 and hope you feel good for getting out and about.

I had a long walk and picked fruit today. Was pretty windy outside but felt better for getting out.

Early evening here. Drinking water and eating healthily.

Hope everyone has got through the day
Old 08-11-2019, 12:45 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'd like to join the August class. This will be my third class, actually. Best I've done is 4.5 months. But I'm really on the edge now.

I reread most of Under the Influence this week. I recommend it. The author, Milam, breaks down alcoholism into early, middle, and late stages. Sadly, I think I'm on the cusp of late stage. I won't be around if I can't fix this.

Rereading the BB too. Sadly there's only one meeting a week around here. But I'll be attending.

My wife arrived home from a trip yesterday and said what's all this water on the floor. I remember not making it to the bathroom. Just laid down and let it go. I just don't want to go any lower. Sorry if that's TMI, but I'm definitly humbled at this point.

I hope I can help us all stay sober.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Welcome Pelagic
Old 08-11-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

It’s officially a week for me!!! I feel so much more positive and focused than I did a week ago. I had a few small cravings to drink but I’ve been so busy I don’t have time or money to drink. I never say never unfortunately but I do have a solid pact with myself that 90 days is not negotiable and hopefully by the time I reach that milestone my sober muscles will be stronger.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:35 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your one week, mariposa!
Old 08-11-2019, 11:02 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week mariposa

Day 2. I'm ashamed that this is the first time in nearly 2 weeks that I've had a day 2. Managed to get some sleep though feel very sluggish now. Have to work so will keep busy and hopefully tire myself out and sleep better tonight.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

RAL, day two is a great start. Today is day three for me. Let's both stay sober today, no matter what. We will be in double digits next week, and that will be so awesome.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Day two here, and this has been a rough withdrawal. Used to be I could bounce back pretty quickly, but those days are evidently gone. Feels a little ominous, but I won't go through this again.

Hopefully day three will see improvement.

Wishing all a good and sober day.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks Sober369.

Had crippling toothache for a few weeks now. Had it removed today. Whilst the procedure was traumatic and painful at least the root of the pain (no pun intended) has gone and I can start to heal. In all ways.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

May I join you guys? I'm at 5 days now.... kind of foggy in the head but feeling much better.