Old 04-16-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

peek in
Old 04-16-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Hi wisc ♥♥
Old 04-16-2019, 06:23 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of momentum? Thank you.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:37 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

24 for me please too.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

24 hours more please! 2200 here.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:30 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Here for my 24 hr check in!
Old 04-16-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Shook tonight! A dear friend today unfortunately lost her battle with this cunning, baffling, powerful disease! I have no words, except I cannot imagine this without the beautiful network of people I have gained in sobriety. If you’re the praying kind, I’d surely appreciate it tonight! 😢
Old 04-16-2019, 07:35 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
10:14 pm and checking in for another 24. Today was my first official day of vacation, and it was filled with chauffeuring kiddos, and organizing. However, somehow I forgot about my son’s doctor appointment, I will call in the morning and hopefully can get it rescheduled over vacation.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today.

❤️Delilah
Happy Vacation D., wow 2 weeks! Back in "Mark's School Days" Spring Break was 1 week (same with me too). Enjoy your time with your beautiful kids!
Old 04-16-2019, 07:48 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Shook tonight! A dear friend today unfortunately lost her battle with this cunning, baffling, powerful disease! I have no words, except I cannot imagine this without the beautiful network of people I have gained in sobriety. If you’re the praying kind, I’d surely appreciate it tonight! 😢

Dear Minion, I'm sadly too familiar with loss of friends & my dear nephew from this disease. Of course, prayers & healing thoughts to you my sober friend. We feel when we get sober, and this loss is so painful!!
You are right you have SR Family here at ALL times to help, listen, & pray.
Hugs
Bobbi
❤️
Old 04-16-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

I'm in for my next 24

Bobbi
Old 04-16-2019, 08:18 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
nmd

Forgot to check in this am! But im in for 24

So sorry for your loss Minion, sending prayers
Old 04-16-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm saddened for your loss, Minion.

I'm committed to stay say the next 24 hours.

8:46 PM in the forest.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:15 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes yes awesome ppl 24h at 5.17am on Weds 17th april
Old 04-16-2019, 09:48 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Magsie

Minion, sorry for your loss
Old 04-16-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Another 24 please.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:05 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Magsie

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
My AV is still active, sometimes....but I think it is that way for all addicts.....whether it is alcohol or chocolate.....cravings are going to happen.....the voice that says "yeah, go for it" is there.....occasionally....better to acknowledge it I think than to pretend I don't hear it....

Perhaps it will get easier and better....according to Dee and others with more sober years than me it does....the voice fades, leaves completely. But it is going to take more time for me, and that's OK. I used to hear in AA all of the time that under 5 years we are babies. pfffff, annoying, but in some ways, maybe?

Love you dear Willow.
Suze, I believe Dee is correct. I know I’m stronger than ever in my sobriety. Hard to believe I got this far considering how much I drank.... However, I don’t sit on my laurels....I know for certain if I hadn’t had SR, I would’ve eventually drank again. I would’ve thought I’m cured, I can drink like a normal person now, I’m aware. And yes, I would be in control..for a while...then it would happen, plunge back down the chasm.‘

Reading posts on SR from our fellow members about their experiences and falls and rises helped me obtain the tools which I needed to stay sober.

And I know any person can do this, with tenacity and perseverance you can do this.

This freedom from alcohol sets you free, no prop, no more your life controlled by when and how you have your next drink. If that’s what you want, you can have it... but like all things worth having, you have to work at it.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:07 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Magsie

24 more here too please,

6.07 am Wednesday
Old 04-16-2019, 10:19 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Morning All

6:15am here, Another 24 hours for me please

Minion, sorry for your loss, in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry if a long rambling post but today I'm feeling really positive and happy so I really want to share it all with you ...
My main thing to report this morning is I LOVE YOGA!!!!!! lol.
I absolutely LOVED it I'm so soooooo pleased I wrestled my anxiety and got there, it really was awesome, I can't wait for next week. It was a mixed group of people and everyone was lovely. It's calming, gentle, restorative yoga. We worked on the chakras, chanting, did a lot of poses and stretches and ended with the most fabulous relaxation. My bf and my dog met me afterwards to walk home and I just felt I was walking on air.

Also yesterday I got told about a place locally that offers holistic and herbal therapies and treatments, I've passed it a few times but never really knew too much about it, anyway I got in touch yesterday and after a long discussion with one of the ladies there I now have a session booked for some spiritual healing in two weeks, it's an hour long session. I'm really looking forward to it.
This is her description of the session on her website "Helping you to break through your limitations, find soul & connect with you as you were born to be.
These sessions could be for you if you are looking for
guidance and support for your emotional challenges,
awakening journey or because you feel something is
missing and you don't know what. This is a place
where you can explore and invite in mystical experience, deep self awareness, explore your past or shape your
future. Perfect for students of Reiki and people who
can't find the answers they need to bring in the change
they know they need. "

Very excited to see how this goes, also she does healing massages so my BF has booked me one for my Birthday next month

Yesterday was such a positive day, an old friend of mine got in touch too, I haven't seen her for a few years and we've now arranged lunch in a couple of weeks.

So things do seem to be really positive around me right now but I'm staying focused on the present, on the now and keeping myself grounded and aware. This is usually when I slip, my trigger seems to be when I'm all hyper and positive like this.
I have a Doctors appointment at today to discuss things but I'm already pretty certain that my mind has changed about taking the medication to stop me drinking, I really don't want to have to take anything but I will discuss it as I said I would.

Sorry again for the long rant lol, just really love sharing all this with you all and Thank You again so sooooo much for the messages of support yesterday to push me through my anxiety to get to Yoga!

Love to you all.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:40 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sunflower, so pleased you got to yoga last night. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the holistic and herbal therapy sessions. x
Old 04-16-2019, 11:38 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Katie! Your post was the perfect way to start my day! I'm so glad you loved yoga. I had a feeling you would. And the spiritual healing place sounds amazing. You remind me so much of me!! My sobriety really seemed to gain momentum when I surrendered to what I call my spiritual awakening. Everyone's journey is so different and whatever works is what works but for me it's all about getting connected to nature and to my soul. That's why I'm now a person who meditates, practises reiki, lives for yoga, uses sage to clear negative energy, loves trees and fossils and recharges the energy of my healing crystals in the power of the full moon! I was recently on holiday with my brother and his family telling them about the time I spent recently, walking through the woods for an hour searching for the perfect stick. For that hour, nothing else mattered. I allowed my mind 60 minutes of worry-free time, engaged solely in looking at sticks. After I spoke, there was silence and I thought, 'I've gone too far this time. My brother and his family have come to terms with sober, yoga, reiki me but looking at sticks?? They think I'm a weirdo'. But then my brother said, 'well, you're the happiest I've ever known you and you look the best you've ever looked ... Let's all go out and look at sticks!!' We didn't look at sticks....my brother and husband drew the line at that but we did take all our kids to the beach and collect shells. Which is exactly the same mindful exercise as looking for the perfect stick. I just didn't tell them that! This journey we're on Katie, it's the most awesome experience. It's given me enthusiasm for life again and patience. I have so much patience now. When I drank, I was often snappy and short tempered. Now I'm learning to let go and go with the flow. I change what I need to change and accept that there are some things beyond my control. I'm a far better wife and mother now .... I'm a far nicer person. I'm living my life as my true, authentic self and that, for me, is the secret of being happy and free. So happy for you Katie. Not every day will be perfect.... This is real life after all ..... But my life now is far closer to perfect than I ever thought possible. And I wouldn't have discovered this incredible path through life if it wasn't for sobriety. Sobriety is the foundation of my new life....it underpins and supports everything else. If sobriety goes, everything I've built falls down. It's that simple. Luckily, I like simple. Probably why I enjoy spending an hour looking at sticks keep going Katie.... I'm so proud of you. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxx