View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 10:05 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
My AV is still active, sometimes....but I think it is that way for all addicts.....whether it is alcohol or chocolate.....cravings are going to happen.....the voice that says "yeah, go for it" is there.....occasionally....better to acknowledge it I think than to pretend I don't hear it....

Perhaps it will get easier and better....according to Dee and others with more sober years than me it does....the voice fades, leaves completely. But it is going to take more time for me, and that's OK. I used to hear in AA all of the time that under 5 years we are babies. pfffff, annoying, but in some ways, maybe?

Love you dear Willow.
Suze, I believe Dee is correct. I know I’m stronger than ever in my sobriety. Hard to believe I got this far considering how much I drank.... However, I don’t sit on my laurels....I know for certain if I hadn’t had SR, I would’ve eventually drank again. I would’ve thought I’m cured, I can drink like a normal person now, I’m aware. And yes, I would be in control..for a while...then it would happen, plunge back down the chasm.‘

Reading posts on SR from our fellow members about their experiences and falls and rises helped me obtain the tools which I needed to stay sober.

And I know any person can do this, with tenacity and perseverance you can do this.

This freedom from alcohol sets you free, no prop, no more your life controlled by when and how you have your next drink. If that’s what you want, you can have it... but like all things worth having, you have to work at it.