Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 56

Old 03-01-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

That's a good way to look at it Trachy. And 180 days is fantastic! You have got to feel so much better. I had to google how long it takes for our bodies to have all new cells. In 7 to 10 years we are all basically new cells. However, our livers and stomach are pretty much new in just a few months. So enjoy your new organs Trach!

I want to live by cows. I would love to walk outside and see cows again. Thanks for the cute pic Budd! I'm jealous in a good way. The only livestock I see where I live are mice and racoons by the dumpster. Next to a few syringes. I am living in a downtown metro apartment now. I get a daily reminder of homeless and meth addiction. Along with the stumbling home at 2am loud drunks. No judgements here. I was one step away from being them, I just drank quietly inside the walls of my apartment so no one saw it. I will say though my apartment is super cute. It's an old warehouse that was converted and has huge windows and whitewashed brick walls. I am surrounded by parks and restaurants and a block away from the farmers market in the summer. When I was broke, my good friends helped me get in here. Otherwise I would be under the bridge next to my parking lot, I have made friends with several of the dumpster divers. If I am throwing anything useful away, I now just put it in a box next to the dumpster. It's always gone in the morning. I get a daily gratitude reminder now that I am not to drunk to see it.

Hi Babs! Glad you had a nice vacation. And good job taking care of yourself. When I don't drink I have to watch it being around people drinking. To access at least. The onesie twosie people don't bother me but drunks do. They look like an accident waiting to happen. Now I know how my friends felt around me.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Trach, way to go on the new job and 180 days! You got it mate!
Old 03-01-2019, 02:25 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Wow, Trach! A lot to celebrate!! Congrats on the new job AND 180 days!!!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Congrats on 180 days, .trachy

Shoes, I am grateful every day that I don’t drink. Life is so much better sober!

Hi Babs, Happy to hear your trip went well.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Hi all,

Just wanted to give a quick update. Our little one came a day early on Monday. Mommy and baby are happy, healthy and doing well. We got home from the hospital yesterday and are still trying to get our sea legs under us as parents, but I am overjoyed. We’re not sharing pictures on the internet but I can assure you he is a gorgeous baby. One nurse even said he was so cute it made her want another one - and she deals with newborns all day long lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Old 03-02-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations DD

D
Old 03-02-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Congrats, DD!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:18 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

congrats DD
Old 03-02-2019, 06:40 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
Hi all,

Just wanted to give a quick update. Our little one came a day early on Monday. Mommy and baby are happy, healthy and doing well. We got home from the hospital yesterday and are still trying to get our sea legs under us as parents, but I am overjoyed. We’re not sharing pictures on the internet but I can assure you he is a gorgeous baby. One nurse even said he was so cute it made her want another one - and she deals with newborns all day long lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Congratulations Digdug! I never doubted he would be gorgeous.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Very good day.

Got up very early (about 4:30am) to give my newborn the first meal of his day. Then I went to work to get a few things done, and hit the gym for a couple hours (running, swimming, lifting, steam room).

Tonight we had my best friends and my mom’s parents over — I made dinner. Homemade crab cakes (keto recipe), crispy-skin salmon, and goat cheese brussels sprouts.

Now we’re all watching a moving and I just put my little man back to bed.

Folks around me had wine, too — and absolutely no part of me wanted a glass.

That is a very good day.

EDIT: Ahh! Congratulations, DD . I’m only just ahead of you by 2 months. Enjoy every second.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:38 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Evoo View Post
Very good day.

Got up very early (about 4:30am) to give my newborn the first meal of his day. Then I went to work to get a few things done, and hit the gym for a couple hours (running, swimming, lifting, steam room).

Tonight we had my best friends and my mom’s parents over — I made dinner. Homemade crab cakes (keto recipe), crispy-skin salmon, and goat cheese brussels sprouts.

Now we’re all watching a moving and I just put my little man back to bed.

Folks around me had wine, too — and absolutely no part of me wanted a glass.

That is a very good day.

EDIT: Ahh! Congratulations, DD . I’m only just ahead of you by 2 months. Enjoy every second.
And I definitely posted in the wrong class — but that’s okay . Good seeing y’all here.

*awkardly walks back to February 2019 class*
Old 03-02-2019, 11:20 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Marchers will probably adopt you Evoo

D
Old 03-02-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yup Evoo, no one escapes our clutches, Mwhahahaha!

DaDDy DD! Congratulations on your little ones safe arrival. Please update us during your sleepless nights!
Old 03-03-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

DD, so happy to hear it went well. Enjoy your son!

Evoo, yep - we have adopted numerous people here and they usually stay :-). We are an equal opportunity class
Old 03-03-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hello Evoo and congrats on your little one!!!
Old 03-03-2019, 09:49 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

It's a good class to get lost in Evoo. They let me back in after a 2 year hiatus.

So I have 16 days today. Not that I'm counting. I just check every here and there because I will be excited to get my 30 chip. My sponsor wants me to hit a few more meetings a week and I am trying but the weather is not cooperating. I do not like getting out in the cold. Not a good excuse I know but I am old and I broke my arm falling on the ice last year so I'm a little particular about it. I kind of count SR as a daily meeting.

I'm an over achiever. I zipped through steps 1, 2, and 3 beings I surrendered pretty much day 1 and my higher power pretty much kept me going long before that.

Went to a 8 year old's birthday party yesterday. First social outing since I quit. Interesting that not one adult was having a drink. Before, I would have shown up drunk and I would have been sneaking up to the bar. If I showed up at all. It was fun. Unicorn theme. She was all dressed up in a multi-colored tutu with a unicorn headband. It was fun watching the kids. Reminded me what fun really was. Also reminded me how loud 18 eight year olds can be. So a lovely afternoon wearing a unicorn headband and drinking pink lemonade. I thought if those parents can handle this sober, there is no reason I can't too. haha

So I am off to a quick business meeting. I will be fine because I will be busy and I am looking forward to not having to hide my drinking since I won't be. I will bring my reading material for the evenings and check in on my phone. They won't have any big social gatherings and even if there are a few people that go out for drinks, I don't really know them. I'm lucky. This company isn't really a drinking culture. Not that it would have stopped me. I just hid it anyway.

So far so great! Just keeping alert to what's coming and having a plan when it does!

Have a great day or night!
xoxo
Old 03-03-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 16 days shoes

D
Old 03-03-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Way to go, shoes. Keep at it.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:39 AM