Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 56

Old 02-19-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Phoenix?

Literally 360.

Keep posting, it helps me and others to learn and share with others.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you've come out the other side Shoes...as has been said...no mater how deep the hole we've been in, we can get back to where we want to be

Good luck and best wishes DD!

D
Old 02-20-2019, 03:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wow dig.....a week.....wo man that is awesome!!!!!!

Glad you are looking after yourself.....you are going to be a GREAT DAD!!!!!
Old 02-20-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I’m so very happy we still have this thread. We really are stronger together.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Shoes

Can't wait to see the pictures DD
Old 02-20-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh shoes love, do you know I moved to the US and got married?
Yes.....you probably do.....but just in case....I am not that far from you now.....well, closer than I was before.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh shoes love, do you know I moved to the US and got married?
Yes.....you probably do.....but just in case....I am not that far from you now.....well, closer than I was before.
Congratulations V! I hope you are in a warm part of the US. This winter has been brutal where I live. I bought a UV light just to get some vitamin D.

I got to start messaging people so I can catch up with everyone. I was really hoping Toots was keeping up with the new thread synopsis she always used to do.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey Shoes,

I'll give you a quick rundown of things happening in Buddville,

I left Key West in September 2015 and moved to Northeast Tennessee, still working a crazy amount of hours, but at least here I get paid for my overtime.

Buddtruck got me here safely and then finally gave out in April 2016.

The estranged Mrs Budd committed suicide at the end of 2015, we were in the start of finally getting divorced and things were not good between us. She actually died on what would have been our 16th anniversary. I still wonder whether that date had anything to do with her decision as we hadn't spoke to each other in 5 years.

Finally quit smoking in March 2016

Bought a house here in Tennessee in July 2016.

My brother passed away form brain cancer in July 2016, his last day was amazing for him as he was in Las Vegas and received an award for the work he did in his field and he got to see almost all of his friends that day.

In December 2016,Jezebel and another dog Velvet that I got here in Tennessee escaped my yard and I haven't seen them since, still hoping to find them someday. They got out as I was on the phone with a fencing contractor about replacing the old fence.

The dogs in my avatar are Nature Boy the Shar Pei and Aunt Bee the Redbone Coonhound, I got them in December 2016 and Jan 2017.

Spending what little free time I get with my friend Tracy and her family, who also moved here from Key West.

Averaging about 56 to 70 hours a week at work so not a lot of free time, been working mostly 7 days a week since September 2017, not ideal but hopefully will slow down a bit later this year.

And finally after my last adventure bicycling down a snow filled trail in Virginia, I decided to treat myself to a new Mountain Bike, one that will let me ride off road a little easier. ( I hope I don't injure myself too badly when I try some of the mountain trails) I do have an acre yard so I will be building some jumps and other things to practice biking skills!

That's about it for me, hope you are doing well today.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you Budd. I am sorry for the hard things that happened in your life but happy for the good ones.

I just got a reality check. I envisioned you all out there living this perfect sober life while I was class loser. Now I realize everyone has had their fair share of loss. And handled it sober. That gives me hope I can do it too.

Thank you for sharing all of it Budd.
xoxo
Old 02-20-2019, 09:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Congratulations V! I hope you are in a warm part of the US. This winter has been brutal where I live. I bought a UV light just to get some vitamin D.

I got to start messaging people so I can catch up with everyone. I was really hoping Toots was keeping up with the new thread synopsis she always used to do.
So ha ha no...Columbus OH, and I also bought a light.
Got your msg...answered.....

And hello dear bud.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I never knew about your wife bud....I am so very sorry.....I also didn't know about the two dogs that escaped. So sorry xx
Old 02-20-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh, Shoes, life has been anything but perfect. I went through a pretty horrible divorce which culminated in a 4 day trial. It was devastating and stressful beyond belief but I managed to get through it and have found happiness again. It was so hard to go through all of that "feeling" all of those painful emotions but I know that is how my healing was able to happen. And I don't think I posted all that much but the Marchers were with me through the whole thing. I don't know how I could have gotten through it if I were drinking, I needed a clear head during that time.

And you know what? I wouldn't change anything. It made me so much stronger and while I am happier today than I've ever been there are still difficulties that come up (like trying to co-parent with a narcissistic ex) but I'm able to take them as they come and I know it's all going to work out as it's supposed to.

So glad to see you back here, you'll always have us to walk with you through your journey back to sobriety.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

This feels like a major blessing....to have (almost) everyone posting again. ♥

And Duff honey....gosh I am happy for you. ♥♥
Old 02-20-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks Duff! I am sorry about the awful divorce but you don't need narcissistic anything. You have a rock star attitude.

I'm going over to the Feb class and complain about the dozen sugar cookies I ate in the last 12 hours.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Shoes, my life has been fairly tame but I am dealing with the little infirmities that come with age. I’m living in an old folks home (OFH) because it seemed a wise thing to do. I just call it that because there are only a handful of residents under 70. And, scarily enough, I am now 74. Starting PT this week for a deteriorating back. Enough about aging! I have a delightful Maine Coon cat who is currently warming my lap. She’s not young either - I got her after my previous baby died of old age and another resident couldn’t handle taking care of this one.

Staying sober was very, very challenging for a long time. Now I am so very grateful for everyone who encouraged and helped me along the way. I still occasionally wish I could have a drink but the practice of “thinking it through to the end” has helped immeasurably. Posting and reading here everyday helps, too. For awhile I posted in Newcomers, too and that kept the realities right in front of me. I don’t ever want to feel the pull of that strong addiction again. And I never take being sober for granted.

Although we have dwindled, having this group of buddies here all this time has been priceless.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well we had dwindled.....but not so much now. s
And we will keep on this amazing journey with Josie and Kathy in our hearts forever. ♥
Old 02-21-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

OK me.....so I mentioned I moved here and got married. I didn't tell you who I married...I married an SR. Literally fell in love with him through our communications here, then we started talking for hours every day, then my beautiful Venus died (it was awful ) and by then I had no parents and no cat and it was time for me to finally travel a little....it had been 30 years.

So I planned a trip to meet Goat/Nick and other friends from here....and I was so so sick after I first got here that nothing ever eventuated. I was allergic to everything....managed to a large extent now....it took 2 years!!!! So I stayed with Nick and we drove around the country and got to know each other and one day on the way to Virginia he asked me to marry him.

And no, I didn't say yes immediately....it took a day.
And the rest is us getting to know each other after we started living together and having some big big issues....unsurprisingly. We are both alcoholics, and I was a terror. And Nick did not cope....but now....now we are doing really well.
Both in active recovery and I am getting used to living here. Although I still can't drive....well I can, but my battery is flat because I am terrified of driving in winter, so I haven't.

It is an adventure. And I am very grateful. Mostly to a few friends here who got me through some very scary alone-time last year....Kathy was with me every single day. Gosh I miss her.

Anyway....supposedly studying as well but got side-tracked....I am almost back into it now....hopefully I can catch up and get my certification as a Health Coach soon.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Morning Duff and trach s
Old 02-21-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Morning Suze!
Old 02-21-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Morning Venus and all .