Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 56

Old 02-26-2019, 11:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Actually Suze, although I live in Scotland Im a Sassenach! I always say I'm the victim of a cross border raid!
Old 02-27-2019, 02:58 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Same here, Suze. I feel very blessed!
Old 02-27-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Lmao toots....I had to look up Sassenach.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I have to google Sassenach to V. Give me a minute.

Ok. Got it. Hahahahahahahahaha. Learn something new everyday.

Our history is pretty cool. We have been through a lot together. It's an amazing gift. Even though I know most of your real names you will always be your SR name to me first. It's like we belong to a secret club.

I talked to Life on the phone once. I couldn't understand a word she said with her Scottish accent. We laughed and laughed and laughed.She had a laugh that would light up a room. I had to have her repeat every sentence. I still think of her whenever I see one of those cute cows with the fringe. Not bangs...fringe...she taught me that. I'm confident she finally found her peace with her mum. I think of Gilbert every day too. She was one in a gazillion.

I was going to do the Ancestry DNA thing for fun. I think it would be funny as I have a sneaky suspicion it would come back with a lot more mix than my Dad would say it would...beings he has a Danish flag on the wall of his room about 6x4 feet and according to him his grandmother worked for the Queen of Denmark. He cracks me up. If I do it, I will keep the results to myself.

I'm doing really well. All the support is making a huge difference. Amazing what asking for help can do.

Have a great day everyone!!!
xoxo
Old 02-27-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Ok. Gilmer is laughing at me right now because I typed Gilbert. I'm a dork. Laugh away sweet Gilmer. xoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 02-27-2019, 05:22 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Woohoo! New job!
Old 02-28-2019, 03:22 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Congrats Trachy, more info please!

Shoes you are sounding more upbeat today. I love Heilan Coos, I took a picture of one on the top of the appropriately named Cow Hill last time we were at Fort William:

Old 02-28-2019, 03:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Ah yes, Toots, I had forgotten that name - Helian Coos!

Shoes, you do sound upbeat

Trachy, congrats on the new job!! Happy you are doing so well
Old 02-28-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Poor baby needs her fringe cut, don't you think toots?

Congrats dear trach....yes...details please.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The new employer is Buhler Quality Yarns The main facility is just up the road. It's partly in my background and partly new. Should be fun.

Last edited by Dee74; 02-28-2019 at 03:32 PM. Reason: commercial link.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Woohoo! New job!
Whoo hoo is right!!!!!!! Congratulations Trachy!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!
Old 02-28-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I hope I have a knit top made from your yarns Trachy.

Cows in general are just so sweet. I love cows. Their eyes make me melt. I'm sure our friend there has soft eyes under that fringe. He could use a little trim. I would probably braid his fringe and use a couple of bows if he lived with me.

I am feeling more like my old new self. Some days I get a little anxiety over not remembering how to deal with life stuff sober but it will come back. I think of me as new and improved. So far I haven't freaked out over anything too much. I need to find a new job since this one is way too stressful for me. And I am alone too much with it. I do better with structure. I'm not quitting but I will look for a better fit.

Got 2 weeks today! That doesn't sound like too long compared to before but I will get there. Lots of positives and I can't think of any negatives. Got my favorite meeting tonight and will see my sponsor. I am looking forward to that.

Have a great day!!
xoxo
Old 02-28-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to remove the link cos we don't allow commercial links Trach, even in that context.

If people can't work out the link by Google, they can PM you

D
Old 02-28-2019, 09:00 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

14054919_1157621654294964_1095903735013380534_n.jpg
Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
I hope I have a knit top made from your yarns Trachy.

Cows in general are just so sweet. I love cows. Their eyes make me melt. I'm sure our friend there has soft eyes under that fringe. He could use a little trim. I would probably braid his fringe and use a couple of bows if he lived with me.

I am feeling more like my old new self. Some days I get a little anxiety over not remembering how to deal with life stuff sober but it will come back. I think of me as new and improved. So far I haven't freaked out over anything too much. I need to find a new job since this one is way too stressful for me. And I am alone too much with it. I do better with structure. I'm not quitting but I will look for a better fit.

Got 2 weeks today! That doesn't sound like too long compared to before but I will get there. Lots of positives and I can't think of any negatives. Got my favorite meeting tonight and will see my sponsor. I am looking forward to that.

Have a great day!!
xoxo
Shoes, if you like cows, here's a pic from the day I bought my house. Jezebel ran over to meet the cow neighbors!
Old 03-01-2019, 12:02 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

We used to have common ground near us called 'the bury' it was adjoined by the remnants of an old Motte and Bailey, anyhoo, it was always home to a herd of jersey cows and I used to go visit with them regularly in my lonely angsts teen years. They were very comforting!
Old 03-01-2019, 02:00 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Shoes, two weeks is terrific! None of this “doesn’t sound like too long” jazz. I still wake up thankful every day and don’t take this for granted. Any one of us could end up in your shoes and you help me by reminding me that I can’t let myself become complacent
Old 03-01-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It only sounds like it's not very long when I compare sober days to drinking days. I drank for about 14,060 days. Today, to the day, I've been sober and clean 180 days. A new personal record .
Old 03-01-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Great going Shoes and Trachy!
Old 03-01-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

trach that is so so awesome..... ♥♥♥

Love your dog with the cows Bud....we had a black lab who did not like the cows so much....he used to chase them and then he would come flying back at the speed of light being chased by a bull. It is funny now: it was scary when I was little....I thought he was a gonner.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi ! back from Arizona where it was warm and right now here in the
Dakotas it's snowing. and we have had a lot of it.
Cows----oh yes, I'm a country girl and raised around cows, sheep and chickens so, I know about those cute faces and there little calves.
Glad to be back and getting back into a routine...
There sure are a lot of pubs and bars in Lake Havasu...all our friends drank but, know one got out of control. It was time for me to leave a couple of times cause I had enough of thes same old stories and jokes. Good people tho----they would do anything for us. Just glad that our first month away together went so well.
and glad to be here with you guys.
Babs