Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 56

Old 03-11-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

feel better soon Shoes----
It helped me to realize ----that it too is just a passing thought.
it does pass in time.
Babs----
Old 03-12-2019, 12:55 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Feel better soon Shoes. Xx
Old 03-12-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Feel better Shoes!
Old 03-12-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I still feel cruddy but at least I am upright. I can work from home so that's exactly what I am doing today.

I do feel better overall. I have days where I get nihilistic but I try to stay on top of that. Not drinking sure helps. I get more good days than bad. I am pretty determined not to drink. I have accepted it just causes problems and it ain't for me...ever.

So taking it easy today so this darn cold can go away. I wish winter would go away too. I could use some sun. I am going to fire up my UV light box and pretend I am on a beach somewhere.

Take care Marchers!!!!
xoxo
Old 03-12-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Drinking didn't cause me problems, it was my problem. And one thing I know for sure.....if I started up again I wouldn't live very long. And it would be a pretty horrendous and painful end.

I have oodles of sun
Sending some to you lovely shoes.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Going to AA today----I can tell that I've been away for awhile.
things are starting to heat up here in the home again. Goll darn it ===
Oh well, it will get better---must be this time change----don't ya think?
Babs
Old 03-12-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Recovery efforts increasing for both of us here as well...it is just so important to look after ourselves.....just paramount I think....we both suffer if we don't do it. And I think the part that gets better is that we get better at remembering to look after ourselves. I know for me at least it was a foreign concept for pretty much my whole adult life.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Sending you positive thoughts for patience and perseverance Babs

Shoes.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Babs, good that you are taking care of your sobriety. I think that I will always need to keep it as a central tenet of my life. It is far too easy to slip. I focus on other things but check in here (almost) every morning and have no plans to stop. It starts my day out right and reminds me that I need and want to protect my sobriety.

Feel better, Shoes
Old 03-13-2019, 08:11 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

yes, it's important to take care or ourselves. Because if we don't know one else will.---I just know you guys are behind me and get it. I can't explain what is going on but, I do know I'm not going to drink over it. Although I did think about it for a fleeting second. it isn't worth it. I'm worth it to stay sober.
Babs
Old 03-13-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs1234 View Post
yes, it's important to take care or ourselves. Because if we don't know one else will.---I just know you guys are behind me and get it. I can't explain what is going on but, I do know I'm not going to drink over it. Although I did think about it for a fleeting second. it isn't worth it. I'm worth it to stay sober.
Babs
Babs, you are doing great. We are doing it!! Yes you are worth it!
Old 03-13-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Thank you Shoes===I just keep praying and hoping this too will pass.
Babs
Old 03-13-2019, 03:23 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

It will love....it always does....even if it's hard, the choice to drink over it just makes it harder. Life on life's term love. s
Old 03-14-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

yup !!! I just have to give it time.....
Babs
Old 03-14-2019, 05:25 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

It's making that hard but ever so correct choice to not strangle the living **** out of those that are so richly deserving that is so hard some days.

Choosing to not drink is pretty easy .
Old 03-15-2019, 03:55 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

So got back from Mum and dads Wednesday, my dad was in a lot of pain with what was being treated as an eye infection with ABs. Found out yesterday morning it was shingles and he should have been on an anti viral treatment. Mum is concerned about the eye as it is his 'good' one, the other has wet MD that they have not been able to treat since he was last hospitalised 5 weeks ago. I phone up in the afternoon to sympathise to be told by mum that he was being tended by the paramedics for a suspected broken arm after he blacked out and fell! I think they are both at their wits end wondering what next! I'm off down tomorrow for another few days, not sure when he will be out of hospital now, nor what he will be able to do, as he uses a walking frame usually, so he may need to go into respite care to recover.
It is emotionally draining on us all. I am full of gratitude that I am sober to deal with all of this. I'd be lying if I didn't occasionally wish I could 'check out' of the reality of it all, but heaven knows it would still be there waiting for me to 'woman up' eventually. So, big girl panties on and another 7 hour train ride for me and Miss Molly tomorrow, leaving my lovely and tolerant Mr T to have a boys weekend ( instead of the planned grandparents weekend!) with the Gson.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Toots, so sorry to hear of your parents’ challenges and the demands on your time. It’s a time in our lives that many of us go through that can be utterly draining at times. It was partly in seeing my mother in assisted living compared to my father dying at home that was the impetus for my choices now. I rest much easier knowing that I will be taken care of by competent, caring professionals and surrounded by friends. I feel very fortunate.

Yep, Trachy, difficult people can be a huge challenge!
Old 03-15-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
So got back from Mum and dads Wednesday, my dad was in a lot of pain with what was being treated as an eye infection with ABs. Found out yesterday morning it was shingles and he should have been on an anti viral treatment. Mum is concerned about the eye as it is his 'good' one, the other has wet MD that they have not been able to treat since he was last hospitalised 5 weeks ago. I phone up in the afternoon to sympathise to be told by mum that he was being tended by the paramedics for a suspected broken arm after he blacked out and fell! I think they are both at their wits end wondering what next! I'm off down tomorrow for another few days, not sure when he will be out of hospital now, nor what he will be able to do, as he uses a walking frame usually, so he may need to go into respite care to recover.
It is emotionally draining on us all. I am full of gratitude that I am sober to deal with all of this. I'd be lying if I didn't occasionally wish I could 'check out' of the reality of it all, but heaven knows it would still be there waiting for me to 'woman up' eventually. So, big girl panties on and another 7 hour train ride for me and Miss Molly tomorrow, leaving my lovely and tolerant Mr T to have a boys weekend ( instead of the planned grandparents weekend!) with the Gson.
Just love.....and so much compassion and understanding.
You are a wonderful daughter....

And yes, nothing in my life made me more aware of the blessings of sobriety than this stuff...only way I got through it.

OK....I can never say two words...ha....love you toots....with you all the way here. ♥♥
Old 03-15-2019, 08:13 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

oh Trachy------yup----no truer words spoken... ha ha ha
Toots---you are a good person and the best daughter ever !
Sass, Dee, Venus----gosh ---what I would do without you guys?
Just can't seem to get it right with hubby and I'm sure your tired of hearing about it as I'm tired of saying it. Is this the way it's suppose to be when we retire? I hate it---ok---there ---Now I feel better and will go and put my big girl panties on. thanks for listening.
Babs----
Old 03-15-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

No one is tired of hearing it love.

Thinking maybe something new for both of you that you have wanted to do for a while....something happy-making that makes you both smile. Like a new puppy.