Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 56

Old 03-07-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Oh yes, today is a good day ! ! ! A swift kick in the pants helped me turn around. I don't know what makes a person feel so darn sorry for themselves. I've got it pretty darn good and really have nothing to complain about. So, once again you guys pulled this pitty poor me person out of the mud. ha ha ha
Please do keep me line. I kinda like that ! ! ! !
Babs
Old 03-07-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're all hoping for the 25 years Sass
Glad you're back on track Babs

D
Old 03-07-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

prayers Sass
Old 03-08-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and PJ. I refuse to waste my time worrying :-)
Old 03-08-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Happy SOBER ANNIVERSARY Marchers!!!!! Even though I stopped drinking in February this time, I still consider March my birthday month. I figure Feb time was just the warm up.

Proud of all of you! Sassy. Getting older ain't for the weak. That's for sure. My body reminds me of that every day.

I cut my hair in a pixie a couple of years ago and I was going to let it grow out and let it be gray. Unfortunately, I don't have the pretty gray. Then I tried to bleach it all out and do that cool silver gray that all the young ones were doing. That didn't work out either. It's back to looking like it always has looked. Boring.

And here's a kick in the ass. As much as I was embarrassed to come back after that horrible relapse, I was just as mortified to tell you I have gained 50lbs. So I was fat and drunk. That's probably 75% of my depression.

But, I remind myself of how much weight I lost after I quit drinking before. I was thin to begin with but after 2 years of not drinking, I was just plain skinny. Too skinny to be honest. I look better with a few pounds on me. Not 50 but a few.

So on those days when I am struggling pretty bad (yesterday was a sob) I remind myself that a healthy body is just down the road if I don't make a trip to that liquor store. Sometimes you got to remember pretty much anything good to get through the day.

Anyhoo. It's March and 6 years ago we were all on here hanging by a thread some days holding each other up. I am going to celebrate with you all. Congratulations my dear dear Marchers!!!

Much love
xoxo
Old 03-08-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

oh shoes how true …. we were all in a puddle back then and have managed
to get back on track one time or another.
Thank you for reminding me just how lucky we are to have each other
and we are not alone in the battle.
Hugs
Babs
Old 03-09-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I sometimes think of other Marchers and wonder how they are doing, some I know on fb but others are no longer visible.

Shoes, you will get where you want to be, I have every faith in your ability to persevere, you are as tenacious as a terrier once you decide on something. You took your eye off the ball and allowed alcohol back into your world. You won't do that again, you are only too aware of the consequences. Daily check ins at SR are the one sober constant in my life now, but gosh I remember the hours I spent here in the early days!
Old 03-09-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

dear Bud on 6 sensational sober years!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Congratulations Bud ! ! we are proud of you as you should be proud of yourself.
Hugs
Babs
Old 03-09-2019, 09:27 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congratulations Ken, I hope you have enough time between shifts to celebrate!
Old 03-09-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hang in there, shoes.

Yay, Budd!
Old 03-09-2019, 10:37 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Congrats, Budd!

Shoes, it truly is one day at a time for all of us. No reason to be embarrassed about coming back - I am disappointed when someone relapses and lets pride and/or embarrassment keep them from coming back. I am proud of you for making the journey back here.

Sometimes I almost have to pinch myself to realize how much my thinking and attitudes have changed. I no longer feel deprived when I realize I can never drink again. And yes, I do still occasionally wish I could but the power in that thought is gone.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations again Ken

D
Old 03-10-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Congratulations Budd!!! 6 years is AWESOME!
Old 03-10-2019, 08:31 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Sass you mentioned deprived... I still feel that way at times. and then of course the out come if I were to start drinking again. I hate it...that feeling of missing out on a good time when you know darn well your not. You hit it right on Sass----
Just had to put that out there ---thanks for listening.
Babs
Old 03-10-2019, 08:53 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Babs, I missed out on more good times when drinking, due to either not making it to them or not remembering them, than I have since I stopped.

I do have to admit that after the bike trip down the snow covered trail, I had a fleeting thought that a beer would taste good. It wasn't a craving by any means, just a passing thought. A few minutes later I had forgotten it.

I guess that's one advantage of never drinking at home, I don't even know where a bar is here, the only one I knew of got shut down last year when a 16 year old kid shot and killed a 20 year old kid in the bar. Plus it's about 30 miles from my house.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Where I live, there are at least a half a dozen bars within 10 mins walking distance. Not a problem over winter because I was too cold to walk around, but it did take some getting used to. I will be fine this year....like Bud, a beer is just a passing thought now.....

And Babs honey, gosh I understand, so I like to try this one: when was the last time you actually had fun drinking? Really? If I am honest with myself, the last time I had fun with it was about a year after I started....then it was just numbing myself.....for another 20 years. s
Old 03-11-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Yes, Suze - remembering the consequences is powerful!
Old 03-11-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Congratulations Budd! 6 years is amazing!

A passing thought can happen on many things, Like when I think climbing a ladder would be okay. It wouldn't. I would fall and break a hip probably. I will leave that to the young maintenance man.

i have a horrible cold. Which is why I didn't get on here a couple of days. I barely could get out of bed. I am upright today but that is about it.

I get cravings but I don't get the thought it would be a good idea. The results of drinking aren't that far behind me. Day 25. There is never any thought of a glass of wine. Just thoughts of 3 bottles. If I have 1, I will have 15. Or however many it takes till I pass out and then wake up in the middle of the night with my heat beating out of my chest and sweating. Not to even mention the feelings. None of which are good ones. I remind myself everyday there isn't one good thing that comes from alcohol. If I am thirsty, a nice lemon fizzy water will do just fine.

I am going to go load up on some vitamin c and go back to bed. Have a great day everyone!

xoxo
Old 03-11-2019, 07:55 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Feel better love.