Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 9

Old 01-05-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi everyone xxx happy and sobor still ! We have snow in kefalonia and it's wonderful ! Happy happy kids !!!
Hugs to all xx
Old 01-06-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well. I spent a good portion of my day yesterday working on my Vision board. The process of making the board is actually therapeutic and inspiring.

How's everyone doing?
Old 01-06-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

hi all x new lady came in so i am off for rest of afternoon and part evening as i will go back and help her close again.

Tired now so going to have something to eat and prob have a lay down.

Big day for my daughter tomo as she starts her new job and she will be away from son for the first time except for the course for the job. Hope everything goes well for her also its her first serious job.

hope u all are doing fine xx
Old 01-06-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Kgirl I had to look up what RSV was. It is horrible and frightening when little ones suffer like that. How is she doing now? It sounds like you and your daughter are both doing all the right things. I hope she gets better soon. Wow, that news about your boss! I bet that was a shock. I am the same, I take a lot personally but since getting sober and working the steps I am realising I am not at the Centre of the Universe and that others have a lot going on too and are pretty much occupied with their sh#t. The way I look at things now is that perhaps your boss has been removed as your HP has bigger and better things in store for you! A vision board sounds like a great idea. I need to look into that for sure!

Hey Erratic, I hope you are not working yourself too hard!

A lazy day for me. Chilling out before I get Seren tomorrow. Back to normality!
Old 01-06-2019, 05:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils

275 days=39 weeks=9 months=3/4 of a year, ta da.
It's gone midnight so I'm just checking in very quickly, I meant to check in earlier but suddenly remembered that my car insurance expired today and I had forgotten to renew it. Panic, panic! Anyway I've spent ages comparing quotes etc and I've now got it sorted, I'm legal, all is good.

K.girl, you've certainly had it rough this last couple of weeks and poor little Thalo, bless her, I hope she's much better today.

I'll post more tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

Goodnight and lots of love to you all. Thank you for helping me get this far. xxxx
Old 01-07-2019, 12:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all xx

Just sitting here now watching black and white movie, going to try and keep out of bed today and enjoy my days off.

congrats on ur 9months daisy!!! also means the rest of you all!!

Got a few calls to make also today, got to get a nurse appointment for bloods done as was due before xmas, defo got to get eyes tested they are so bad. I have my psychiatrist next week he will prob wonder how i am getting on being back to work.

anyway thinking of you all will check in later, hugs to all x
Old 01-07-2019, 02:32 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Daisy
I hope your granddaughter is feeling better kgirl

hi erratic strawberry and snitch

D
Old 01-07-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning and I hope you're all happy, well and sober. I've got my oldest g.son at home with me today as he has the most awful cough, he's not slept much with it at all and is just not fit to go to school. Just been doing a bit of French homework with him and now he's playing on the xbox while I'm having a coffee and posting.

Thanks for the congrats Kelley and you are so nearly on 9 months too, I always knew we could do it.
Gosh you have had quite a week of it. That sounds very strange re your boss suddenly up and leaving without any warning, hmmm I would say that there's more to that than meets the eye and it certainly bares no reflection on you.
Awe, poor Thalo, I had to Google RSV too and it sounds dreadful, poor little thing, no wonder she was so ill. 6 weeks is a very long time to be without your thyroid meds, that must be affecting your health too, I wouldn't be good if I didn't have mine for that length of time. What is happening with them.
I like the sound of your vision board, what a good idea, I may try that myself.
"I know our group has dwindled down to just a few and we are small but we are mighty! [COLOR="Magenta"]I'm really looking forward to seeing us hit our 1 year milestones in 2019! And to those of us that are still trying to figure it out, I look forward to witnessing you get your footing and continue this journey with us for a really long time. Think about it in 5 years what will a few months really mean?? "
Couldn't put it better myself Kelley. xxx

It's lovely to see you back posting Erratic and you really are so kind helping the new lady at work, not everybody would do that you know. You need to make sure you're looking after yourself too though and getting enough rest.
I hope your daughter's first day goes well and I hope she enjoys the job. It's hard leaving your baby when you go back to work, but I'm sure they will both be fine.
Thanks for the congrats and I hope you get all your calls done. Then put your feet up. xx

Thanks for popping in Strawberry and snow is NOT wonderful, it is cold, wet and horrid. The only place it is wonderful is on Christmas cards and when I'm sat in front of a fire, not having to go out, and watching it through the window. Just saying lol. In saying that your photo's are amazing and your gorgeous children look they are having the time of their lives. xx

Hi Suze, I hope you enjoyed your lazy day. I like the sound of Kelley's vision board too, it sounds like a plan don't you think?

Thank you Dee and thank you for your continued support, words of wisdom and just for being here for us day and night. It's very appreciated.

Viper, how's it going, are you all packed and ready for your big adventure?

Well that's me done for now, I'm off to do a bit of ironing. Back later. Much love and gratitude to all of you. xxx

Thought for the day...

"Always concentrate on how far you’ve come, rather than how far you have left to go."
Old 01-07-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Ok daisy your right . I'm sick of the cold now ! We don't have heating in the house just a open fire ! It's freezing taking a pee!!!! Also we have no school is closed until the snow passes as the schools have no heating .
The kids are driving me crazy ! But thank God I'm sobor !!!
Old 01-07-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

great to see u straw xx

guess ur getting snow where we havent x up in ne scotland we have major winds and now rain is happening. not having snow here this time of year is a big change. we normaly have nov and dec and jan . with the weather change its causing alot of bugs which the cold isnt killing. great job on being sober.

sry could put more but i found that weather now and environment can cause political probs so hard now to just be.

be back tomo xx
Old 01-07-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 months Daisy!!!

So today... went to my AA meeting. It was lovely some really good shares and I left feeling really positive and upbeat. Got home and i started sorting my bedroom out. I have so many clothes and so much stuff but not enough room for it all! I only.live in a tiny place and we need to move somewhere bigger really, I am quite organised but i only have so much cupboard and drawer space. So I have cleared out a big bag of stuff and am going to vacumn pack it as I really don't want to get rid of anything lol.

I went and picked Seren up from school and she is just so adorable when I get her and then about 2 hours in she turns into the devil child. She has been watching this thing on YouTube called 24hours in my room and it is a little girl who apparently spends 24 hours in different rooms in her house and she takes her pj's, her bedding, snacks, books etc so Seren was doing 24 hours in the living room. I mean, there is no way she will spend 24 hours in there but I go along with the game. She gets some toys and some snacks and then she asks me for a bucket. I said what for and she says to go to the toilet as she is not allowed out of the room! I said absolutely no way. I said she is allowed to come out to use the toilet. So guess what?? She pees in the christmas box I got her. I was fuming. Because I am angry she goes on the defensive and starts telling me how much she hates me and that she wants to live with her dad. I feel like saying good, go and live with him! All the while I am trying to get her dinner and wash up and hang the washing out and change the bed sheets etc etc and Il feel so overwhelmed and stressed and I think how a big glass of wine would just take the edge off of all of this crap and then i get mad because i dont have the luxury of having "a" glass of wine ! I don't really want to drink anyway I just don't want to feel like I am feeling. So I give her her dinner and then go and lie down for 10 mins and say the Serenity Prayer over and over!

I am finding it hard being a single mum at the moment and dealing with all this by myself . If I am honest I really hate my evenings. They are so boring. I feel all I do is housework, cooking and washing. If I lived with a partner I could at least go to yoga or a meeting in the evenings. Sorry, am having a bit of a pity party. I'll snap out of it!

This will make you laugh tho... so I got a friend request the other day from a guy who I had a mutual friend with and he looked sort of familiar and I thought he was an ex Colleague of mine. It turns out he goes to the AA meeting I go to when I am over at my parents . Anyway he has just messaged me and I think I have just been, what is known in AA, as 13th stepped! He seemed particularly interested and when I said I may go this Saturday he offered to take me for coffee after! Ahhhhhhhh! He seems nice but I am not attracted go him. I am crap at this I ended up saying ok! What the hell! That's another fine mess I got myself into.

Am going to bed now. It's all been too much for one night . Hope everyone is good .

X x
Old 01-07-2019, 05:05 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good evening my Aprils, just doing my pre bed check in, I'm sooo tired tonight.
I hope you have all had a good day.
My wayward son annoyed me a bit today, he has his son just one night per week, Saturday and very occasionally he may have him on the Friday night too. When it was his son's birthday in November he bought him a mobile phone, why a 9 year old needs a mobile phone is beyond me but hey. Well as he never has any money he downloaded Wattsapp on it for my g.son to use rather than pay for texts and calls and he also has U tube, so as he is mainly with me I check his messages and what he has been looking at on U tube on a regular basis. Well if you use Wattsapp you'll know that you can see what time a person was last online, so this evening I got a text from my son asking if my g.son had been off school today, so I replied saying he hadn't been off school and if he had I would have let him know. He replied back asking how then was he was using it at lunch time! I responded by text telling him that it was obviously me looking at his phone and that I was just checking what he'd been doing. He replied in a very condescending manor telling me that I don't need to be checking on him, he can be trusted to tell us if anything is not right!! For goodness sakes, is he for real. I let him know that I don't agree with his comments, that you need to be 16 to use Wattsapp and that his child could be added to other people's groups without any consent and that also he downloads a lot of rubbish on U tube and that anything can slip through so his usage does need to be monitored. I didn't get any reply, complete silence! Anyway, that's my moan over.

Aww Strawberry, you must be frozen, brrrr and then you get the big thaw and everywhere is slushy, dirty and muddy. You'll have to get your thermals out. Good on you though for being sober. xx

We've got wind and rain too Erratic and we've had no snow either, it's a bit different to last year when we had loads of the stuff. Mind you there's time yet.

Thanks for the congrats Suze, I appreciate it. I'm currently having a de-clutter too, I've been sorting the drawers out in the units downstairs and 'that' drawer in the kitchen. I don't know where it all comes from.
My g.son is like the devil child too after school, I think it's such a strain for him to behave himself in school, as he's very exhuberant by nature, so once he's home he's totally hyper and a right pain in the neck lol.
You made me laugh with the 13th step A.A er, no harm in going for coffee but just be careful.

I'm off to bed now to read a chapter. Back tomorrow, goodnight and sleep well. xxxxx
Old 01-07-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi there!! I leave in a little over a week!! I’m running around getting stuff and pushing the buttons on Amazon orders. A sick camera on the way. I decided to stop screwing around with the camera thing. I drove 2 hours to Boston and fell in love with the thing in the store.

177 days. I’m down to 143 pounds!! I was 168 when I quit. I bought one of those uber tight compression muscle shirts today at the sporting goods store. Under Armor. Pretty badass. It’s dark grey. Plus a great Nike white with gray camo lose hot weather long sleeve that fits loose. I’ll be living in that thing.

I am filling a cart at Backcountry with new pants and shorts (Prana and Kuhl, nice stuff) since I’m down several inches in the waist and all of my summer stuff is falling off me. I got it out and was ahhhhh shoot!! I’ll tell ya, I’m happy about the weight loss, but those clothes are not cheap. Ouch!!!

Im sorry I have no idea what’s going on with my dudettes on here and I haven’t posted.

Snitch, I read your post about being alone. Maybe it’s possible for folks like us to meet people that are on the same path? The local version of Viper or Snitch. Not easy I guess. I don’t have a job, but I’m not an a— hole like so many boyfriends. That’s got to count for something. Apparently not here in Connecticut though. Greedy women. Yep, I said it. Not taking it back.

Ill have plenty of time to write while on on my 50 hour journey 😱. A private jet would make this about 7 hours. I have an overnight layover. So there’s that.

Viper Out 🐍
Old 01-07-2019, 11:54 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

I have been awake since 4. Tossing and turning my mind all over the place.

Wow Daisy, I agree with you about checking your grandsons phone. My hairdresser was telling me she regularly checks her son's phone. He is 11. She found some stuff on there. Not really bad in the big scheme of things but slightly inappropriate. I believe they need to be monitored for their own safety. Maybe at a certain age it becomes different and and they may need more privacy? Not sure about that yet will cross that bridge when I get to it lol. Good for you for standing firm with your son!

Viper, are you able to give any dets? Like when are you going or where? No worries if you can't. It sounds so exciting though. Am happy and envious all rolled into one!

Erratic, I hope you are making sure you rest and don't get too burnt out.! I know what you mean about the weather. It has been a mild winter down South and so many bugs going around because of it. Ugh!

Kgirl, how is Thalo? That photo of your daughter with Thalo on fb was just lovely 💖💖

My daughter is just too bloody cute when she wakes up. We had lots of snuggles in bed this morning. But those times when she changes from Angel to Demon! Speaking to other mum's I hear it's pretty normal but it's so blooming draining. It will be ok.

Viper aggg the whole dating thing! It's a minefield. I haven't been on nor have much desire to go on a date but tbe whole sobriety things makes it a much bigger ballgame. I can't imagine dating a drinker now. Funny as when I was drinking there was no way I would have entertained anyone who didn't drink!!

Got to jump in shower now. Catch you all later x x
Old 01-08-2019, 02:52 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, hope you're all well. All good here and it's a lovely, crisp, bright day though it's very cold. I slept quite well last night, only woke up once which is a bonus. I've done the school run, the mum run and have my oldest g.son home with me as he is still coughing his head off.

You must be both excited and nervous now Viper, not much longer to wait. You're going to be looking the part in all those lovely, new clothes you've bought. Just make sure that you keep in contact with us.....or else!!
I have no doubts that it is possible for both you and Suze to meet people who are on the same path, it will happen when the time is right, usually when you're not looking for it and least expect it. There are greedy women and men everywhere, not just in Connecticut, don't even go there.
Post again before you go and keep calm. xx

Morning Suze, I'm sorry you had such a restless night, what are you worrying about it? Thank you for your comments re my g.sons phone, I really wanted to hear someone else's opinion on the matter and I'm glad that you're in agreement with me. My eldest g.son is 11 and he's on the Asberger's spectrum, he has a phone and his mum ( my daughter) checks his every night, he has a friend in school who is also on the Asberger's spectrum but this friend is worryingly obsessed with the Urban Dictionary and was sending my g.son some very innapropriate messages and information. My daughter contacted the friends parents who were unaware of this, but grateful. Luckily it was all above my g.son's head, he's quite young for his age and thankfully his current obsession is roller coasters, lol. You just can't be too careful where children are concerned.
I hope you have a good day today and I hope you manage to have a nap or a bit of a rest at some point. Take care.

See you all later, I'm off to do a bit of housework. Much love to all of you. xxx

Thought for the day.....

"Our lives improve only when we take chances and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves."
Old 01-08-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Point taken Daisy. On the other hand if you get out of a State like this there are a lot more women that don’t care so much about money. Plenty of greedy men too. Yes.

Snitch, sending a PM
Old 01-08-2019, 05:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Just doing my bedtime check in, hope you've all had a good day.

Viper, give the greedy ones ( men & women) a wide berth, all the money in the world can't buy them love, health or happiness. There are plenty of honest, genuine, good women out there just waiting for someone like you.

Goodnight you lot and sleep well. Much love to you all. xxxx
Old 01-08-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hello Aprils ! A quick check in to say hi!!

Daisy - 9 months - whoooohooooo! 3 more for 1 rotation around the sun ! ☀️ How amazing !! ❤️💕😊

I will catch up with posts very soon!

Sending big hugs and love to you all!

X
Old 01-08-2019, 06:19 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Awake at 2am aaaghhh

Am so peeved off with my friend. The opioie addict mum who was so blooming selfish on Christmas Day! After Christmas where she spent the whole time on her phone to her ex and just ignored her kids, we ended up having a bit of a heart to heart. I can't remember if i shared this? Even though it is none of my business I just hate how she isn't present for her kids as she is so wrapped up in herself and her stupid ex partner! And I told her what I observed christmas day!!! She seemed to really take it on board. Yesterday we went to a play thing after school. As soon as we got there she got her ibpad out and was fb messaging some one about something to do with her ex. Her business! My sponsor was there as well so I went and sat and was chatting to her. The next thing, my friends eldest daughter (7) came over to me and said she needed rhe toilet, could I go with her. I said go and ask mummy sweetie . She said I did but she said she is busy! I looked over and she was tap tap away on the bloody iPad! I just looked at my sponsor in utter disbelief. I said come on then and took her little girl. The toilets in this place are outside of the main room down a corridor and sheb was too scared to go by herself. Also i wouldn't want my daughter going by herself as there are other ways someone could get in at the back and you can't be too careful!
So , even though I am powerless to do anything about her, I am not powerless over what I do and I don't want to be around her anymore. I just can't watch stuff like that. My sponsor said to me Thank God that isn't you! So I am letting go of any resentments towards her I have and just moving away!

Apart from that I had a good day. Meeting in the morning and had to have a nap when I got home because I was awake at 4am. I have a few things on my mind. Now I have stopped drinking there are other areas of my life I need to start looking at! Finances is a huge one. That is what is on my mind the most. I just need to get them in order. Then I need to really look at our living situation as we need a bigger place. But one thing at a time, one day at a time. I cannot expect to solve all my life problems in one day. I have faith it will all work out. As long as I don't pick up a drink anything is possible!!

I did a gratitude list last night and sent it to my sponsor. 8 months ago I was so broken, I prayed so hard for God to help me and He did. I don't ever want to take life or my sobriety for granted. I have so many things I am grateful for today. We really are the lucky ones to not be drinking anymore. Sometimes life on life's terms is bloody tough, and we have to face it full on with no anaesthetic to numb us but I wouldn't have it any other way now!

Gonna (try!) Go back to sleep now!

x x x
Old 01-08-2019, 06:25 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post

Snitch, sending a PM
Thanks for the pm. Wow! Had to Google a couple of the places and was blown away. You are going to have such an amazing time. I am so proud of you Viper you have come so far! Life is just beginning for you ☺☺☺💖