Class of November 2018 Part 2

Old 11-25-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Failed need surport right now sti drinking
Old 11-25-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Failed need surport right now sti drinking
strawberry sorry to hear that but you wouldn't be back here if you wanted to drink. Tip the rest away get some water and try and sleep.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Primativo View Post
Hi all,

I relapsed last weekend after a few weeks of sobriety. Anyway, I decided to quit in April 2018 and managed 4 and a half months, a month, 40 days, a few weeks etc, but haven't made it stick yet.

I will do this though. Just taking a bit of practice. On day 6, just been to the gym, feeling good.
Hi and welcome. I can so relate.I had 3.5 years then picked up again. Been drinking on and off for over 2 years now. Determined this is it for me. It can be for you too.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:14 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

((( Strawberry ))) I don't know what time it is there, but the best thing you can do right now is pour the rest of whatever you are drinking down the sink. You can do this! It doesn't sound like alcohol is giving you anything that you need right now. Can you tell us what time it is? Where you are? Where the kids are? It's hard to give advice without knowing the details, you know what I mean?
Old 11-25-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Think Greece is 2 hours ahead of the UK so it will be 6.15 pm.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Welcome, primativo ​​​​​​! — I’m glad to have you on board. Someone around here once said that it only has to stick once. Or something like that. This can be that one time!

(((strawberry))) — we’re here for you. If you still have alcohol, you can go on and pour it out. Maybe get a nice drink of water or some tea. Have you eaten dinner? If you haven’t, you should probably eat something. It’s okay, you’re still here. Keep on posting. 🤗💜
Old 11-25-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

I have put the kids to bed . And me feeling really down again as always . Didn't see it coming .
Old 11-25-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
I have put the kids to bed . And me feeling really down again as always . Didn't see it coming .
Well, forgive yourself. Tomorrow is a new day full of possibilities! You deserve to feel good and sober. Learn from it, put it behind you, and look forward to the new sober life you’re creating for yourself. You can do this. 💜
Old 11-25-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for those that have lapsed over the weekend. I know exactly how frustrating it is, it could of so easily been me, I have been there many times. All you can do is learn from it move on. Stay on Red Alert for the next few days as it is so easy to say ***k it and drink again when feeling deflated.

I was having bad cravings this morning so I had get out of the house. I decided to go with my dog to a massive forest that I don't know well and got very lost. I was beginning to panic as I only had an hour of daylight left and was miles away from my car. Eventually I found my way back after nearly four hours, exhausted but so relived.
I told another walker I passed about my ordeal and she advised that I have a glass of wine when I get home! Oh my I wanted to so much...

Anyway here I am with tea, cake and a little snoring dog. Absolutely aching all over.

Thanks to everyone once again for the support and accountability. It really does help.

PS Well done RAL 4 Weeks!!
Old 11-25-2018, 11:37 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Thanks Kaily

Your walk sounds invigorating and a little scary. Good on you for getting out of the house, facing your fears and getting through ok Bet you sleep really well tonight
Old 11-25-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Kaily, that’s good advice about staying on red alert. Last time I decided to drink, I ended up doing it two nights in a row because I was feeling crappy about myself.

Good for you for getting out when you had those cravings earlier. Your walk sounds a bit harrowing though! Isn’t it funny how casually people advise drinking as the ultimate destresser? Hard day? Have some wine. Got lost while walking? Have some wine. I used to say stuff like this all the time.

I had a harrowing walk today too, although for different reasons. (Mine involved being followed/chased by a shouting homeless guy.) Maybe today just isn’t a lucky day for walking. 🤔

Anyway, glad you’re safe and sound!
Old 11-25-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

@Strawberry18 Don't worry about your little relapse if it was easy we all wouldn't even be posting here.

@Bonniefloyd The ****? I hope you weren't alone when your where being chased?

@ClearPath64 I feel for you dude, I'm a stepparent myself and for some reason that seems to be easier than being an actual father. I agree with Bonniefloyd in that when puberty hits kids push their parents away. I understand drinking because of that but the problem is of course that any feelings of ineptitude are made 100x worse by drinking. Maybe not right away but definitely the next morning. Not that you don't know that already. Life just really sucks sometimes.

@RAL 4 weeks! Damn, well done! I hope I never overtake you

@BreakFree I googled that Honda PACT program and that seems like a really cool and handson way to learn the trade! How old is you son? If I can give any advise or info don't hesitate to ask.
Those guys that I caught in my parking lot were immigrant workers from Eastern Europe , Polish or Hungarian or maybe Bulgarian. There are many here, very hardworking people but they have a reputation for drinking too much. I always found it so funny when colleagues or clients complain to me about those folks drinking too much when secretly I would always think that I could drink them all under the table

I read that a few folks here went bowling and we did too today. First time ever that I bowled sober. Roled pretty good and must say that I didn't even miss drinking. My girl had a few wines and she bowled worse as time went by. Afterwards it felt really good to drive home stone cold sober. It's only a few minutes from our house so a few weeks ago I would have done that over the drink drive limit and feeling guilty. Not anymore :-)

I wish you all a very good night and a hangover-less monday morning !

Last edited by Dee74; 11-25-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Great to see you mechanic. I think we posted at the same time yesterday. Glad you are OK.

bonnie that is so scary 😢 I hope you are OK.

Good night everyone from the uk. Hope you all have a great day and a good sleep.
ral.x
Old 11-25-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Mechanic, it sounds like you are enjoying being alcohol free! I was actually surprised that I enjoyed bowling without beer.

And oh yeah, the homeless guy. So annoying. He started yelling crazy threats and coming at me. I just ran a bit and ducked into a restaurant until he went away. The restaurant employees were familiar with him; this is just something he does. (And I thought I was special!) I am pretty sure I could have outrun him if I had to anyway. I was a little shaken, but the rest of my walk was peaceful, so at least it didn’t ruin my morning.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:34 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Kaily - that walk sounds a bit of a nightmare! I love walking but prefer to stick to places I know well, so I don't manage to lose my bearings!

Bonniefloyd - your walk today sounds scary for the wrong reasons. Hope you've been able to relax up when you got home.

Not much chance of a walk for me today - it's done little but rain all day. I went to the local shop for a newspaper and managed to get soaking wet. I've spent the rest of the day in the house watching sport on TV.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Work was normal and OK. Had fun playing some Mario Kart with nephew. Did my laundry. Ate a sandwich and then ironed work clothes for the next couple of weeks while I watched some television. Now I'm going to go soak in a hot bath with a good book (well, four books as I am crazy and always have four books at a time going) and then it's time for bed. No thoughts of drinking today. Grateful to be going to bed sober!

Welcome to SR and the Class of November 2018, Drunkexpat! I look forward to getting to know you better in recovery.

If we fall down 99 times then we get up 100, Linners820. Glad you're back in here. Don't beat yourself up, just think about something you can do different the next time those thoughts come. We've all been there. Very recently.

Sounds like your day could only get better from that early morning fiasco, BreakFree.

I'd just be more conscientious about where you dip the wafer next time, Minerva. You had an accident, just keep moving forward.

Good on you for getting in here, bonniefloyd. Hope the rest of your day was OK. Remember if you don't drink the first one, it's impossible to have number two or three or ten. (And just saw your second post about your daughter--I dealt for many many years with another family member with very similar issues so I can certainly empathize. One thing I do know is drinking is just a false solution for people like us. Hang close to here and feel free to vent as much as necessary over this stressful holiday season.)

Congrats on one week, GhostFace!

Hope you enjoyed the movie, TeeJayVerm.

Hello to everyone else who I didn't respond to individually and my apologies for not doing so. I meant to only post my own update but started replying to others and now my hot bath is cold and I've gotta refill the tub before I can get in it. Anyways, let me just say I love this class. Such great support in here. Thanks for helping me stay sober another day!
Great to meet you. I have to travel for work tommorow to India for the week. Traveling is always a trigger for me and the AV will be loud.. I will fight it!
Old 11-25-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Strawberry

It took me a long time to learn to 'see it coming' - until then maybe some kind of 'emergency -break glass' plan for when you're ambushed by a situation or feeling that leads to opportunity to drink could help?

It could be as simple as committing to posting here before you drink?

D
Old 11-25-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestone RAL

welcome drunkenexpat!

D
Old 11-25-2018, 03:04 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Today is day 6. Hello everyone. Congrats RAL on 4 weeks. Clear path sorry to hear you drank but you came straight back. Sounds like that day was too harrowing.. Kailly and Bonnie what scary walks. I don't go hiking and no homeless around here.
Today is going to be scorching hot again so about to do housework now. Sorry to those I missed just starting to get the hang of this.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hi and welcome. I can so relate.I had 3.5 years then picked up again. Been drinking on and off for over 2 years now. Determined this is it for me. It can be for you too.
Thanks mate. I have only ever relapsed on weekends, for me my relapses have always been about a fear of missing out. I never get tempted during the week, and that's been the case for over 6 months now.

SO the weekends are when I need to watch it. Anyway, I am now in bed with a cup of tea, this weekend at least, I have not had a drink