D
Old 08-15-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thank you, Dee! ♡
Old 08-17-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

PalmerSage, great job losing weight I know I've talked about it forever but I really need to do that too. My coworkers are all on some sort of diet so it kind of helps me get motivated, and I do good during the day but night time is when I fail. I've always had food issues, well before alcohol issues, and I feel like I'm never going to get it under control. Just have to keep trying I guess. Anyway, I'm always happy to see you post. Congrats on 8 months tomorrow!

Chloe, I hope you're feeling ok and didn't get strep throat. I hope you have another good weekend

I'm picking up my brother's dogs up tonight after work and keeping them over night because my brother & sister in law aren't going to be home, and I'm looking forward to it. My dad has had my dog for over a month and it will be nice to have dogs around again

Bob, canguy, and everyone else, I hope you check in and let us know how you're doing.

I hope everyone has a good weekend
Old 08-17-2018, 06:37 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi all! Chloe, I hope you feel better, strep is the worst!

Emme, I just started focusing on weight loss at the end of June. It's definitely slow going, but I've been using a free website (www.sparkpeople.com) and the app, and it has helped me tremendously. I love tracking and analyzing stuff, so it's been a good project. Of course, I'm going to the beach tomorrow for a quick trip, so that usually means lots of eating crap. Hopefully I can exercise and drink water to offset some of the damage! Enjoy your time with the dogs, that sounds super fun.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:11 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Happy Monday, Class!
I hope all of you had a good sober weekend. I am feeling better but, still alittle tired. My AV is bugging me this morning. I am feeling a bit stressed out because my mind is having a hard time concentrating. Too much tea/coffee I think. Trying hard not to hear the voice that says "a glass of wine will relax you..."!
So will a good scream to kill that nasty AV! Just had to get that out of my system. This class is a blessing during times like these.
I will stay close today...♡to you all!xxoo
Old 08-20-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi Chloe I'm glad you're not listening to that voice, wine won't help anything. I hope you are able to get some rest. It is cloudy and rainy here today and perfect sleeping weather

PalmerSage, I think I may have heard of sparkpeople before. I'm not 100% sure but I signed up and it looks like there is a lot of good info. Thanks for the link. I hope you had fun at the beach

I had fun with the dogs on Friday but the little one is only maybe 6 months old and is a handful. It was fun though I went out to their camper Saturday night and it was fun. It was a smaller group and someone wanted me to take a drink of their beer and I had to say no 4 or 5 times before they finally gave up. I came close to taking a drink because I didn't know what else to do, but really glad I didn't. I'm pretty sure even a small sip would start everything up again, and I don't want that to happen.

I hope everyone is doing well and has a good week
Old 08-22-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in...I just got back from a quick 4-day beach trip which was so much fun, just what I needed at the end of the summer. Of course, I came home to full back-to-school chaos, but it was totally worth it. I finally hit the 8-month mark, which makes me happy.

Emme, I love the "daily note" feature, the community feed (lots of motivating before and after pictures), the daily nutrition report which tells you whether you met (or didn't meet) all your necessary nutrients, the food database, everything! I've lost some weight, but I still have a lot to lose. Those alcoholic pounds are slow to come off now that I'm in my 40s!
Old 08-22-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, Class!
I am doing great! Hit the 8 month mark.
Reminded myself of what a mess I was last December that made me promise myself that I was never, ever going to have another Day 1! It is sometimes good to read those old posts.
Today...onward and forward with a stronger, positive, invincible attitude!

for being there for me!xxoo
Old 08-22-2018, 07:40 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

That really just resonated with me - what a mess we all were last December. Thank you for that reminder. Let’s hope 8 months becomes 9 then 10, 11 and then one year. Nothing I’d ever believe was possible in the past. Despite the challenges and temptations, sobriery feels great on so many levels.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Last December, YES...what a mess I was! I'm looking forward to a holiday season with much less stress, because I'm not ramping up my anxiety with crazy amounts of alcohol.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I agree. I am not going to get caught up trying to be all joyous and festive when I really don't feel it. That is why I used alcohol during the holidays.
Right now I just had a massive anxiety attack that came "out of the blue". I am laying down in my room and am going to put on some headsets to calm myself.
I have no idea what caused it. It was like something was attacking me. My heart started racing. It is subsiding...
Old 08-24-2018, 09:15 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Oh no, ChloeRose...that sounds terrifying! Your plan to chill out sounds like a good one, but if it doesn't improve maybe check with your doctor?
Old 08-24-2018, 09:18 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I think I was just trying to do too much. My mind was racing and my body was trying to keep up. Nothing was an emergency but, I was in "emergency mode".
Old 08-24-2018, 10:20 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Feeling alot better now.
Thanks guys!
Old 08-24-2018, 10:29 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're feeling better!!!
Old 08-24-2018, 01:26 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Now I am just plain tired. It is raining here and feels like good sleeping weather. I want to read a book but my eyes are drowsy. Maybe I will try for a chapter or two!
Old 08-24-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're feeling better Chloe
Old 08-27-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in! I've officially lost 15 pounds, now I have about 25 more to go (although that may be pushing it a bit). How is everyone doing?
Old 08-27-2018, 11:01 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Great news about your weight loss! How are you managing to do it? Is is something special?
I am having a hard time losing some lbs. Because of my RA. It is hard to exercise when my joints are stiff and painful. I do my best but I need to find something that works.
Proud of your success!!
Old 08-29-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Thanks ChloeRose! I posted above about www.sparkpeople.com, it's been a lifesaver. One of the things I've changed is that I use exercise more as a stress management tool, but it's not the focus of my weight loss. Really just tracking everything I eat and reducing calories at a manageable pace, losing about 1-2 pounds a week.