Notices

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 6

Old 06-22-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 6

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-5-a-20.html (Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 5)

D
Old 06-23-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the new thread Dee

It's good to see you PalmerSage, congrats on 6 months!

I'm also with you on a new job Bob. If you're thinking about it and are not content where you are, it might be worth looking into. I've been thinking about it too, but it's a big decision. Wishing you clarity.

Hi Canguy

My brother and sister in law pick up their new puppy tomorrow and I'm going over tomorrow afternoon to see her. I got a bunch of toys and a couple bags of treats that will be from my Dad and me as a welcome home gift. I'm not sure how happy my dog is going to be about it, but she will adjust.

I got up early this morning and got a lot done, then I took a nap. My knees have been bothering me for a while and I think I might need to go to the doctor soon. A few years ago I had a German Shepherd and she pulled me down and I landed on my knees. I was having problems before that but since then they have been worse. My mom had both of her knees, both hips and both shoulders replaced, and I think I take after her. I'm pretty young for replacements, but may need cortisone shots or something because the pain can be pretty bad sometimes. The good news is that when I was drinking, I found it actually made the pain worse, so this is just one more reason not to drink.

Have a good day/evening everyone
Old 06-27-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 57 ... Still thinking of you all!!!'xxx
Old 06-27-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Strawberry, that is awesome!
Old 06-27-2018, 08:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your sober time Strawberry I've been away sick for a few days - hows everyone else doing?

D
Old 06-27-2018, 11:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Day 57 ... Still thinking of you all!!!'xxx
Strawberry I'm so so pleased to hear that you are on day 57! Well done for you..
Old 06-28-2018, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How are you red ?? Xxx which class are you in now ? Xx
Old 06-29-2018, 05:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations Strawberry!

I hope you're feeling better Dee

Hi everyone else. Wishing everyone a happy and sober weekend
Old 06-29-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi all, great to see everyone checking in!
Old 07-03-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Happy 4th of July to those celebrating

We celebrated tonight instead of tomorrow. I went to the lake where my brother & sister in law have their camper. I didn't want to go to be honest, but I had one of the best nights I've had in a while. The weather was nice, the people were fun, there was a lot of drinking going on, but minimal temptation since public drinking was never really an issue for me. It was 6 months ago today that my mom died, and tomorrow on the 4th I will be 7 months sober. I kind of feel like I am just "not drinking", I haven't made a lot of changes to my life, etc., but changes are happening gradually. I'm grateful for all the help and support I have received from this class.

I hope everyone is doing well and has a happy and sober week
Old 07-04-2018, 05:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Happy 4th of July, Class!
This year is going by fast. I have been reflecting on my sober progress and the changes in myself over the past 7 months. I have become alot calmer since becoming sober. I have learned that I can deal with stress, boredom, anxiety and minor depressive moods without alcohol. Drinking is not an option anymore. Just checking in to say "thanks" for everone here at SR for your support!♡CR
Old 07-04-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Emme, that sounds like a perfect time at the lake, and huge congratulations on 7 months! I love watching your progress, as I'm trailing 2 weeks behind you at all times. And Chloe, I can completely relate to feeling calmer and being better able to cope with life overall, since becoming sober.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi all. Hope all of you in the US had a happy 4th! Hope you don't mind, but I'm feeling the need to express some stuff right now. When I started this path at the end of last year, I figured that I would just need to weather some rough times in the beginning and then everything would just start to normalize. I'm finding that it is going to take an entire year to get through everything that is normal in a year and that has always involved drinking. We have always been a drinking centered family.

I am back in South Carolina to visit my son, but this time with my wife and youngest son. If you recall, I had started the year with over 3 months sober, then my wife was away for a night and I came here by myself and had some booze in secret. As far as anyone else knows, I'm now 6+ months sober. In reality, I guess it would be a couple of months now.

Anyway, we came up on another holiday(4th of July) and yet another holiday celebrated completely differently for me. It was fine, just find myself growing tired of upcoming challenges. Last night, after arriving in S. Carolina and having dinner, the rest wanted to play a game. Didn't really want to, but, well, you know. Anyway, after a while, the rest were pretty drunk and I made a comment that seemed innocent enough to me, but started a thing with my wife. I guess it's the shoe is on the other foot now kinda thing. We'll see how things go today. Feel a little better after being able to type it out.

Looking forward to my cardiologist appt next week, just so I can find out if things are getting better or not.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-06-2018, 02:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Class. It is great to hear from you Palmer Sage and bobdrop.
Glad you are doing well.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey class. My trip to South Carolina ended up with me secretly drinking again. I am not happy with myself at all. Certainly don't deserve to stay in this class anymore. Emme and Canguy, you are awesome.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you started drinking again and hiding it Bob . What was the thought process?

You can continue to post in this group no matter if you join another group as well. No 'I don't deserve' talk here

D
Old 07-09-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Bob, it's good to see you You are a part of this class and always welcome. I'm sorry you drank too, and I know how hard it is. I wanted to drink the weekend before the 4th really bad, and it was an appointment that I had coming up that kept me from drinking. I think we have to get through each day the best we can, and each new day is a chance to do better. Anyway, I'm glad you're here and posting
Old 07-09-2018, 07:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks PalmerSage I know we are at about the same place and I think of you when a milestone is coming up. I hope you're doing well.

Hi canguy I hope you're doing well too. Please check in and let us know how you are.

Hi ChloeRose, Dee & everyone else
Old 07-11-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks emme, I'm doing really well...getting ready to hit 7 months next week, but you already knew that.

bobdrop, I'm so glad you came here and posted, and of course I agree 100% with Dee that there is no "deserving," we are all just doing our best to fight this demon on a daily, sometimes minute-by-minute basis. I have total faith in you that you can learn some lessons and move forward with your sobriety intact, it may just be a matter of really accepting the truth about your drinking and shutting down your AV immediately when it attempts to rationalize it. We will support you no matter what.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello my sweet class of December ! Well I'm still here . My quit day was 2 May !
Having lots of cravings lately so I'm sticking close to SR !! Xxx