Notices

One Year & Over Part 92

Old 07-28-2023, 02:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Over Part 92

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-91-a-20.html (One Year & Over Part 91)
Old 07-28-2023, 02:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun! First one in ages and ages :-). Thanks, Dee for the new thread.
Old 07-28-2023, 03:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks, Dee! Been feeling like a yo-yo the past few days. Deal off, deal on, deal changes by the hour, I need SERENITY NOW!!!

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 07-28-2023, 04:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

FBL I hope it all resolves soon it seems to have been going on forever! As the tea towel says 'Keep Calm'

Thanks Dee for the new thread
Old 07-28-2023, 05:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks Dee!

Hopefully, the lawyers and involved parties will calm their egos and birth this baby, FBL.

Have a good day all!
Old 07-28-2023, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Y''all are giving me a chuckle: "birth this baby", "Serenity! Now!" and tea towels that admonish "Stay calm". All good stuff.

I'm feeling restless and anxious which is not a mood that is conducive to doing much that is constructive - argh.

I have contacted some friends and family, worked with a student, started laundry, treated my eczema and flossed.

I'm sitting next to my spanish lesson and listening to the dryer do its thing.

Many of you have some major issues you are dealing with. I don't have this but am struggling with my restlessness and list of minor tasks I want to get done.

What do I do when I am struggling: I come here and tell you all about it. Thanks for listening.
Old 07-28-2023, 12:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the new thread!

Hey everyone

Hope you’re doing okay SE….stop by when you can…

I’m pet sitting for the next week so I’ll keep checking in as long as the Wi-Fi allows
Old 07-28-2023, 12:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey all
The site spat out two new threads so I merged them both

D
Old 07-28-2023, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
Old 07-29-2023, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Bekind, “small” stuff matters, too. I’ve always figured that whatever difficulties we are encountering at the moment often feel like the worst. One of the many positives about sharing what’s challenging us at the moment is that we are supported here.

Old 07-29-2023, 09:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I’m here!

Hi Purps! Enjoy cat sitting.

Hang in there FBL - agree with wanting to pass on the negotiations stage.

​​​Bekind - actually the grudgery of the small eats at me just as much as the big. It also can lack the satisfaction.

Madness continues at home…. Hamster wheel of madness. This week no particular developments.

I had a consult for surgery for my prolapse from having kids and have that scheduled for Oct - before I loose health care. Will require the 8 weeks recovery that I wasn't afforded post partum, which is a contributing factor in it not healing. But since he “does it all” let’s let him actually do that

​​​I’m planning fun activities with the kids and trying to focus on those.

Old 07-30-2023, 01:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good thing you focus on what’s important, SE I try to imagine a protective shield or bubble around me, to keep negative energies away throughout the day….a few years ago I learned about the quote “Rejection is Protection” and in hindsight it ended up being true!

Not sure if you’ve seen our self care thread; I can share the link if you’d like….feel free to stop by! (You too BeKind, or anyone else as well)
Old 07-30-2023, 02:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Purps, I’d like that link, too.

SE, ouch on the surgery!

Have a good day to all
Old 07-30-2023, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Cool…Ok here it is

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...s-retreat.html
Old 07-30-2023, 10:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Thanks for the new thread Dee

Bekind, it’s good you come here. For you and for me. And all the Overs, I’m sure. I get to learn new phrases and remind me of vocabulary I haven’t used for yonks! and I love hearing your day to day stuff too. x

FBL, I hope there is soon a happy resolution at your work. My tea towel says (well the first one I looked at) Ulster Weavers. Has lots of bees all over it. That’s probably not helpful but it’s nice to remember the bees too I guess!

SE, When you see an opening in that hamster wheel….jump off. Let him roll it himself. Planning fun times with the kids sound great! Is it summer holidays at yours like it is here. I think the kiddy winks are off until beginning of September!

Purps I love that saying ‘Rejection is Protection’. I used to ‘pick at the scab’ as ‘they’ say. I’ve got better over the years. Sobriety helped show me the way. Much better to protect yourself first. Have a good week looking after the kitty.

Toots, how’s your mum? Has she settled in her new home yet? Hoping things are getting resolved on the housing/renting front for you.

Star, have a good day too.

I started my rescue meds on Friday. I was anxious about taking the steroids after the last two times. The side effects were terrible. Not as bad as not breathing but nearly on par. Anyways, I feel great for the first time in ages. I feel human again, thankfully.

Yesterday Mil had her relatives come and visit from Wales, which caused much anxiety in her world. So I did most of the food and took over to hers beforehand. It went well and she had a good afternoon. She won’t remember today but the precious present yesterday was definitely precious.

Have a good day my friends xxxx

Old 07-31-2023, 02:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Mags, good to hear you feel better with the steroids. For me that’s a “fate worse than death”! Even if mil won’t remember today, it’s still great that she had a very special day.

Have a good Monday to all
Old 07-31-2023, 03:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

My book project is moving along. I'm about halfway through the editing process. May be a bit later than expected, but there are no shortcuts with this kind of project.

Am cautiously optimistic that we'll be hearing something soon on a deal. Tom Petty was right; the waiting really IS the hardest part!

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 07-31-2023, 06:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning overs. Good stuff on the thread this morning.

I've been limping a bit in life but keeping going. Yesterday my elderly neighbor worked on my bike. I hate having him standing for an hour to help me but it really is good. I always want to be the hero and don't like accepting help. This isn't right. Neighbor is an expert bike mechanic who lost his wife in February. He can do things on my bike in a short time that would take me days. However he is almost bent double with age and has an unna boot for a sore on his foot. He told me stories and commented on how good it felt to be working on a bike.

I'm hoping to get on aforementioned bike and ride to the post office. Also Spanish, bills, yoga, and calendar.

So on to changing what I can and accepting what I can't.

Old 08-01-2023, 01:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Bekind you were doing him a favour letting him feel useful rather than invisible as so many older folk feel
Old 08-01-2023, 05:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Bekind, I totally agree with toots. You made his day letting him help you.

Hang in there FBL!

Enjoy kid time SE!

Best wishes all!