Notices

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 6

Old 08-02-2018, 10:29 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Bob, sorry I missed your post about your cardiologist. So glad all went well

My brain just doesn't want to work today. I have already embarrassed myself several times with my boss talking about projects that we completed months ago as if I needed to get started on them...

Anxiety, shakiness, nausea, insomnia, confusion...can't wait for all of this to pass!
Old 08-03-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I finally slept about 4 hours last night. I went to my group power class this morning. Hoping my thinking is a little clear today
Old 08-03-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

How I love to hear great news early in the morning! I am so glad that you got some rest and that your head is getting clearer.
I am working on not having so much on my mind and have been putting things on paper. So much of my "To Do List" is so trivial when I look at it written down. It makes me laugh at my foolishness!
Old 08-03-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got some sleep Barbs I hope you're feeling better.

I like to do lists too Chloe. I especially like when I can scratch something off

I didn't remember until the day was half over, but it's 8 months today, or 2/3 of a year. I am noticing little things that make me feel like I'm getting more settled in a life without alcohol. One is I can watch TV and usually not feel triggered when people are drinking. I watched a show on Monday and they were in Mexico and very drunk and I just kept thinking the scenery was so beautiful and how they probably wouldn't even remember it. For the first few months I couldn't watch shows like that.

I'm kind of excited for the weekend because I might get my dog back. My dad has had her for 3 weeks and she likes being there with him. They sit on the deck in the morning and my dad gives her shoulder massages and then they have breakfast together. He spends more time with her than I do because she's alone when I am working, except the two days she goes to daycare. We can share her, but I'm ready to have her back for a few days

I hope everyone has a happy & sober weekend
Old 08-04-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Anxiety still pretty high. My SIL called from the hospital and left me a nasty message for trying to help her...I really just want all of this to stop!
Old 08-04-2018, 02:21 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I hope it stops for you, too. You really need a break from it all before you lose your sanity.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:39 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Ugh Barbs, I hope she is able to focus on herself rather than lashing out at you. Obviously, you don't need the added stress right now!
Old 08-08-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I hope you're feeling better Barbs, and that your sister in law is doing ok.

Wondering how everyone else is doing?

I had a therapy appointment yesterday and that was the last one I had scheduled. I don't know if I am going to go back or not. She gave me a hand out on tips to avoid relapse. Some I can relate to 100%, like avoiding triggers such as the alcohol aisle at the store, which I try to not even look at, and sharing your goals with friends or family. I am considering telling my family. I didn't want to tell my mom because her dad was an alcoholic and she warned us about alcohol before we even started to drink. I feel like now that hopefully I am past the worst, that it might make things a little easier if they knew. Aside from here and my therapist, I just feel like I'm alone in this because everything is so secret. I am not sure yet though, still thinking about it.

I hope everyone is well.
Have a good rest of you week
Old 08-08-2018, 07:19 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi Emme, I'm doing well (coming up on 8 months on 8/18), trailing behind you as always! That is a difficult situation, as far as sharing your alcoholism with others. Have you explored any support IRL beyond therapy? I'm getting to the point when I think I would benefit from AA or something similar, but curious about what others are doing.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:56 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, guys! I have been feeling "alone in this world", too. Now that I have been sober for almost 8 months there seems to be a void somewhere in my life. Can't exactly explain it yet. Otherwise, no problem staying sober. Just checking in to say hello.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi PalmerSage, congrats on almost 8 months Glad to hear you are doing well I've been to SMART meetings, although the last meeting I went to was sometime last year. I really like them but I wanted to drink afterwards because that is what I always did was drink after things like that. It might be different now. I also wasn't crazy about the person that ran the Monday meetings that I went to so I might see if there is a different meeting I can go to but there aren't a lot of options. I really liked the person that ran the Wednesday meetings but that meeting is all men, even thought it is not technically an all men meeting, and I feel out of place. I tried AA as well, and I liked the women's meeting the best, but I didn't like it as well as SMART however I know it works for a lot of people. I have the big book, I should read it.

Hi Chloe I can relate to that feeling. My days feel like they are almost always the same. I was thinking of trying to make some pillow cases with some fun fabrics. I haven't sewn since I was in junior high so it would be something easy before I try something more difficult. Glad to hear you are doing well. Congrats on almost 8 months
Old 08-09-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry about the nasty message Barbs.

Congrats to all of you hitting or near 8 months

D
Old 08-09-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

emme,
Try this site for some easy and creative sewing patterns. You can subscribe and get ideas sent to your email box.
www.allfreesewing.com
Thinking of you♡
Old 08-13-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

It's sad to see this group dying. I had so many good times with you all during Christmas and through to the New Year.

Regards,

JT
Old 08-13-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
It's sad to see this group dying.
Regards,

JT
Old 08-13-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I had a really great weekend. Went out to dinner at a friend's house on Friday. Had a lovely evening. Then we had the kids and grandkids over for boating and lunch on Sat! What fun that always is. Then on Sunday we had family over with grandma and niece/nephew and cousins. Whew! Recharging my " battery" today!
Hope you are all doing good, too!
Nice to see you, Tony!
Old 08-14-2018, 01:40 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, December '17 Class!
Make it a great day!
And tell us all about it!
Old 08-14-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
My computer broke 3 or 4 weeks ago and so I have to type on my iPad, which is time consuming and frustrating, grateful I have it though. Ignore any typos please

Thanks for the sewing link Chloe. I signed up for the emails but haven’t had a chance to do much yet, but I will. I’m glad you had a fun weekend

My week so far has been pretty productive, so that is good. We have a vendor in town and they took everyone to a baseball game tonight, but I decided not to go. I probably should have, but they will be in our office in the morning and I will meet with them then. It was supposed to rain tonight, but so far it’s holding out so the game is probably going on.

I hope everyone is doing well

Happy Wednesday
Old 08-15-2018, 02:27 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Emme, I totally know what you mean about cravings after meetings...I haven't been to one in years, but I remember feeling the exact same way. Maybe that's why I haven't gone back? All I know is that at some point, I think I would really benefit from some support IRL.

One thing that has helped me to feel better is that I'm finally losing some weight. I still have a ways to go to reach my goal, but it's super encouraging to look better and feel like I'm regaining my life in more ways that one.

I hope some folks who have joined other classes will join back in. I still post in January every day, but I don't have that same "house on fire" need to post constantly every day like I did in very early sobriety. SR remains the most important part of my recovery, so I'm really glad we're still here fighting the good fight.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:43 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, everyone! Just got a call that the grandkids that came to visit on Friday have Strep Throat! I was wondering why I have been so exhausted. So, I am just resting and trying not to panic.