View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
ByeByeWineByBy

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
So much posting over the last 24 hours. Thank you all. Thank you for your honesty and your positivity.
To those struggling; keep posting about it. Don't ever turn away from us because you're ashamed. We all get it. That's why were here posting on a recovery forum. For most of us (I think anyway) people in our "real life" don't get it.

ProfD, Welcome back!

ChickChick, You ok?
Strawberry, Don't go any deeper into that hole.
JustTony, ReadyatLast, Welcome to the group! And anyone else I missed...so glad you're here.

I'm around 2 weeks ( I need to go look at my calendar) and feeling pretty good still. Slight, ever so slight, thoughts about the wine. One, when I saw someone glorifying it in an Instagram post, and another when my mother mentioned having a glass again (I'm convinced she's headed towards trouble with her increasing wine drinking.) All of this reminds me of that Proverb where it talks about the wine looking so appealing swirling around in the cup, the lure, the romance, but BAM...it bites like a serpent and stings you in the end. It is poison ProfD. We all have to remember that.
I have actually found that removing any social media accounts that glorify the use of alcohol or wine helps with cravings. Out of sights out of mind.