Notices

Class of March 2016 part 66

Old 03-10-2018, 03:36 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Yeah, Mish!!
Old 03-10-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
BBG- the hardest thing to understand is the sound system . The previous owners had a wizz bang one put in..but there is no book with it. So I have fallen back on the age old method, that men have known since prehistoric times. Use logic..then when that does not work..push all the buttons..faster and faster.... also shouting
Instructions are only to be read when all else fails PJ. So you're fine with your method right now!

Later you might want to google! LOL
Old 03-10-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Yay PJ. So happy for you xxx
Hope your daughter feels better soon PR.
Hit 5 months sobriety today. Longest I have been sober in 10 years.

my beautiful friend on 5 rocking sober months!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 03-10-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

not the Kingswood, PJ?

D
Crikey, I just polished the fan belt.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

no Dee- not the Kingswood- I just had the cigarette lighter chromed!

Mine is a humble '98 model..but in near new condition.

Here is one thing that happened to me just now...I was doing some shopping...and I always gage how much to buy- based on the size of my back pack (40L) and it's weight. I ran out of room and went to buy a plastic bag..when the thought struck me I do not have to do this anymore...there rediscovered...were TROLLEYS!

I just had ignored them b4...for the last 7 years in fact. Not a life changing moment, but good.
I love this....I went to bed on this story last night....told Nick....was too tired to post anymore....anyway.....love it love it love it.....way to make it sink in that you have a car. That you own a car. Your car. Yours. Yours yours yours.....if we were in the 24-hr thread there would be dancing bananas.

It is frikkin awesome love. Life changing for sure..... ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 03-10-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

BBG- the hardest thing to understand is the sound system . The previous owners had a wizz bang one put in..but there is no book with it. So I have fallen back on the age old method, that men have known since prehistoric times. Use logic..then when that does not work..push all the buttons..faster and faster.... also shouting
Ha....or you could use the age-old method of getting on Google and finding it....
Old 03-10-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in to day hello! I’ve had a really busy week & didn’t have a chance to log on. I hope everyone has a great day!

Today is day 70. I love the number 70!

Love you alll!
Old 03-10-2018, 08:55 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Just caught up on the posts. Congrats Phoenix. I’ve said it many times before but I’ll say it again.....YOU ARE AMAZING AND AN INSPIRATION TO ME!
Old 03-10-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Um, so yeah, two years. Progress? None. If anything I’ve gone deeper into this addiction. I remember March, 2013. I resolved then to deal with the issue based on a strictly financial perspective. Fail. I didn’t reregister on SR until three years later.

I remember July, 2006, vaguely. That was the first time I happened upon SR and registered and posted. That was when I truly realized I had a problem. Fail. Almost 12 years; I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I never doubted the progressive nature but to consider myself now…

I remain in the yet category. When will it happen? Whatever it may be. What will I lose? What will it take to wake up this dumbass? These are questions I’ve wrestled with the last two years while seeing remarkable achievements by all of you. I’ve not met nor even really tried to achieve my own. My longest stretch of sobriety is so pathetic that I almost can’t bring myself to say that it’s been two days or less. In two years! The previous 10 are no less uninspiring.

I hope this post does not read as a pity party but just as reality. The support is wonderful but I’m just not utilizing it and clearly remain in the rather drink than be sober category. I have to be honest. The lack of posting is due to the lack of action on my part. It’s difficult to come back time after time after time after time. It’s not because of the shame, though there is that; it’s because I see you all doing great things and getting back after it on the rare occasions there is a slip. So far I am not like that. I want to be like that and it’s why I stick around. It’s hope which for me can be a precious commodity. Somehow, someway it will imprint and I’ll realize that not only is sobriety worth it, but that I can do it too. Preferably it’s not too late when I do. So far it eludes since clearly I don’t want it bad enough.

Moving on, congrats to all on milestones and defeating the hag/beast. It can be a bitch from what I understand. Love and good wishes to all.
Trust me dude. You're still young and you have to stop. I know the difference. Stop playing games with it.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hello Pelagic.

And where oh where for art everyone?????
Old 03-10-2018, 10:14 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Trying to get back. What a mess.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hang in there Pelagic!

Rainy, gloomy day in my little corner of the world. Glad I don't have any errands to run. I'm soooo ready for Spring!!!
Old 03-10-2018, 10:31 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

WELL,YES! Idid google it. There are at least a kazillion CD car things almost the same. I will get there...gives me something to do at traffic lights.
I DROVE, DROVE THAT IS, not rode- to a meeting yesterday arvo. Not drenched in sweat, not sore or really tired or overly fight and flightish from watching everything from idiot drivers to large sticks on the ground in the bike lane. It was 36C...and I used the a/c. Only on spec occasions. To amuse a friend- I have named my car 'bloke'.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Thanks, BBG.

It's kind of a mess, but you do what you can.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Day 70 is amazing Kiki.

Hi Pelagic!
Old 03-10-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Love the name "bloke" PJ. I need a name for my car. Red 2007 Ford Focus! Hmmm.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Trust me dude. You're still young and you have to stop. I know the difference. Stop playing games with it.
I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not giving up on myself nor anyone else here who's had struggles. That includes you. I'm not exactly good at sticking around and posting and such, but I hope you will. Take care of yourself Pelagic and I'll work on doing the same.

Congrats on 70 days Kiki!

I like the car name PJ. Mine's known as the wolf, only because it's gray.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:55 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hey!

Kiki- 70 is awesome!!

Pelagic. Here with you always.

Have a great Saturday, guys!
Old 03-10-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 months Mish and 70 days Kiki!

Good to see you Pelagic

Glad you're enjoying the car PJ

In case anyone is wondering, drinking is still dumb. Just wanted to check in and get back on the horse....laundry, shower, food, vitamins, water....starting to feel human again ~ Glad to be here
Old 03-10-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Trying to get back. What a mess.
We have all been a mess love....you never had a more inderstanding bunch of friends. .....hang with us....this group is pretty awesome which is why I crashed.