Notices

Class of March 2016 part 66

Old 03-07-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

There are two important things we have to do if we want to get sober and stay sober. First, having admitted that we're helpless before alcohol, we have to turn our alcoholic problem over to God and trust Him to take care of it for us. This means asking Him every morning for the strength to stay sober that day and thanking Him every night. It means really leaving the problem in God's hands and not reaching out and taking the problem back to ourselves. Second, having given our drink problem to God, we must cooperate with Him by doing something about it ourselves. Am I doing these two things?

Meditation for the Day

I must prepare myself by doing each day what I can to develop spiritually and to help others to do so. God tests me and trains me and bends me to His will. If I am not properly trained, I cannot meet the test when it comes. I must want God's will for me above all else. I must not expect to have what I am not prepared for. This preparation consists of quiet communion with God every day and gradually gaining the strength I need.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may really try to do God's will in all my affairs. I pray that I may do all I can to help others find God's will for them.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Thank you all again for your support and understanding.

To shift away from me, I do want to let everyone that I pray for you in my own way. So Sam, Bobbie, Mish, Suze, bbg, Casey, Kiki, PR, PJ, Purps, Lillian, MITA and all I've missed, you are in my thoughts.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:19 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hello everyone.

Late start for me, hubby let me sleep in after I was up every 2 hours last night with my hypoglycemic child. He went to bed then came running out of his room and threw up......which meant he had nothing in his stomach. I have to give him juice every couple of hours to keep his blood sugar up. Momma is dragging and he is running around like nothing happened. 😕 the only good thing is on days like this even the hag is exhausted and leaves me alone.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-07-2018, 11:48 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

good one 13th
Old 03-07-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Happy International Women's day folks.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Well I had McDonalds instead of going to the gym after work....that's been an early warning sign for me in the past. Plus the AV noticed on the calendar for next week: St. Paddy's Day is on a Saturday and I don't have to work weekends....I'd better stay close!

Scary movie night tonight: "Scream" comes on at 8!
Old 03-07-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Good morning.

Hey 13th. This is where you need to be. NO MATTER WHAT. Just saying.

Family dinner night. Yay for me.

Suze, have your do-over. It's a great idea. We almost renewed out vowels on our 20th, but that was 2 years ago, and well, I'm not sure he was really into it at that time. I wasn't really sure we were going to stay married. A lot has changed for me in two years. Thank God.

Have the best day ever, March People!
So much emotion...so many hugs. ♥♥♥
Old 03-07-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

OK....but you called yourself out Purple my love.....and keep doing it....I am here....every which way for you girl...let's get you through another sober weekend. ♥♥
Old 03-07-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Thanks Vee!
Old 03-07-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

And you know I mean that literally right???? Really. We are one honey....let's do this together. Weekends aren't fun for me either....well, sigh, that sounds un-nice to Nick....not what I mean....
Old 03-07-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I know what you mean

Just found out Mom is going out of town this weekend & she asked me to check in on buddy boy (kitty) ~ AV said "Hey you left that wine over there, remember?"
Old 03-07-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Somehow I lucked out St. Patty’s day was never a drinking day. The last time we went out it to a bar for st Patty’s day was 9 years ago and I was pregnant. I NEVER drank while pregnant, I was able to turn it off like a switch. Man I wish I could do that now.

However that does remind me I need to find a craft for the kiddos to do in school. ☘️

Man I am counting the hours to bed time 🛏
Old 03-07-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Evening all!!

Had some pretty strong f-it moments late in the afternoon but managed to get home and get safely tucked away. PJ's, tea and SR sound like a much better evening.

BBG - Hope your day turned out okay. Fingers crossed for lots of episodes of BBT tonight!

Purplrks - you coundn't have left wine at your mom's......you don't drink. Can you text/call and ask her to get rid of it before she leaves?? Also great job seeing the red flags....that's half the battle. Hugs

Thirteenth - I always include you (and everyone here) in my prayers too. Perhaps throw yourself in your prayers tonight. No reason we can't ask for a little help for ourselves. We are just as worthy as everyone else.

Well off I go. I do know that tomorrow, should AV return, I need to get my butt here and post. Can't (and don't want to) do this alone

Sweet dreams
Old 03-07-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
BBG - Hope your day turned out okay. Fingers crossed for lots of episodes of BBT tonight!
7 of 'em Sam. Gonna' don PJ's and watch the rest.

I managed to make it through the day. Didn't get much done other than grocery shopping. Forgot to give the poison isle the ole Casey salute though. Part of the brain fog I guess!!!
Old 03-07-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone ~ got some art therapy done while the movie was on & lost track of time ~ I'd better get some sleep ~ See you all tomorrow!
Old 03-07-2018, 09:49 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, got so busy today I forgot to check in! I chaired the noon AA meeting today and then did a HUGE grocery trip! 2 carts of food!!! We were out of everything! And my oldest son comes home from college Friday for a week so there will be 3 hungry teenagers in the house! Anyway...it took FOREVER to put everything away but I’m done! Yay!!!

Well...gonna get some shut eye! I’m pooped!
Old 03-07-2018, 09:53 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Really rough day at work today.

It was everything I had in me not to have a drink when I got home because I was pretty upset. Kept saying “wine just makes it worse...wine just makes it worse....wine just makes it worse” to myself like an idiot.

Ended up going to get ice cream instead. Chocolate chip, my favorite but I can’t say as I really enjoyed it. It didn’t make the day better. I know wine wouldn’t have either.

I’m going to bed now. Feeling terrible but hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:13 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

You did well, LillianGish.
Hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you
Old 03-07-2018, 11:34 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good Lill, icecream does NOT make it worse. I get the hungers at night...sugar predictably. I use CBT stuff- mindful crap. I imagine the craving like a wave washing over a rock (me). After a time it subsudes. I do your bit- I ask myself..do you want to lose weight or eat? I play the tape forward...
Lost 10k...the next 10 will be hard.
Same goes with booze, self talk- imagery- play the tape...
Old 03-08-2018, 02:16 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

(((Lillian)))