Notices

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 4

Old 01-22-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 4

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-3-a-20.html (Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 3)

D
Old 01-22-2018, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

, Dee!
Old 01-22-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!

JT, I hope you stay with us and keep reporting on your experiences. I almost drank wine last night too. I was very close, but I’m glad I didn’t. I still have passing ridiculous notions that I’m cured and I should be able to drink a glass of wine with dinner like everyone else. I guess it’s a process. Anyway, I totally understand and don’t judge you whatsoever. Sounds like it was calculated. It could be looked at as an experiment I suppose. How did you feel? How did you feel this morning? Was it worth it?

I’m on day 36. Chloe too! I’m feeling okay. Not happy to be back to work today. I liked being in the woods better I’m having one of those “boo boo I wanna quit” days. I’ve had a few intense moments of extreme irritability in the last couple weeks. I don’t know if that has anything to do with being sober, but I’m suspecting it does. Trying to meditate regularly and hoping I can try to identify what it is I’m really reacting to. Learning to respond, not react in a way that hurts me or others. When I get like that I don’t really know what got me there. Usually I’m feeling taken advantage of and then any little thing gets me super riled up. I don’t like having to be the responsible one that everyone relies on! I want to tell all those people, I can barely take care of myself- quit trying to take a drink from my empty cup!! Haha. Anywho...

Hope you all are hanging in there. Thanks for being here.

Love,
Magpie
Old 01-22-2018, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So my mind has been glued here all day thinking about y’all!! Not because I want to drink or upset feelings because I’m happy and feel like myself at the moment.. I know we all come from different lifestyle but we all struggle and know what addiction is like and that’s a bond thats stronger then anything as in we understand each other and know what we are going through and give endless support!! An amazing person aka magpie gave me some advice if my friends don’t support me maybe enough is enough and let them go..so I thought about it and realize I’m never happy around them anymore and they always bring me down so I deleted all their numbers and decided to stay away for good I know I’m going to see them out but that doesn’t mean I have to be around them!!only thing I need in life is my family and you fine people!! I had a terrible weekend and thought with my feelings instead of my brain and that’s definitely something I’m working on!! The best thing that I did was not give into temptation and the strength came from your endless support!! Anyways I’m here for you and thankful for you and never give up air hugs to everyone!!! Much love !!

No Matter how much it hurts now someday you will look back and realize your struggles changed your life for the better
Old 01-22-2018, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 46. I’m amazed all the workouts and long walks I’m reading about. Inspiring and impressive. I’ve done none of that but I should. Yesterday I almost slipped but instead ate chocolate, wine gums & fries with gravy. Guess whatever works but I know there’s a better way. My focus is just on not drinking right now, not trying to get into tip-top shape. One thing at a time for me. Hopefully this won’t be a huge mistake and I’ll gain 20 lbs but I feel like it’s all I can handle between work, the kids, and triggers. Guess time will tell. Just checking in. Wishing everyone continued or renewed strengths.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Thanks Dee & canguy

Congrats on a week numberthree!

Thanks for the meditation links Barbs, I bookmarked them both. I'm glad you got a good nights sleep and hope you had a good day

I enjoy your posts JustTony and hope you don't stay away for long.

Congrats on day 36 Chloe & Magpie! Great job

Glad to hear you're feeling happy Nichole It sounds like you are making positive changes for yourself, I need to follow your lead.

Congrats on day 46 Maggie! I had no clue what wine gums were I had to look them up

Day 50
I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday. I spent yesterday in bed sleeping and watching TV. I was up for maybe two hours to do some laundry and that was it. We had a snow storm today and I didn't want to go into work but decided to anyway and I'm glad I did. It got me out and feeling somewhat normal again. I called my lawn company to ask to put on the snow removal list today. I usually do it myself but I haven't used my snowblower in at least a year and I don't even know if it has gas. They haven't cleared the snow yet and now I am plowed in by the street plows. I hope they clear it early tomorrow before I have to go to work.

I bought a 64oz water bottle on Amazon today. My plan is to increase my water intake until I drink two a day. I used to drink a lot of water and I loved it and I want to get back to it. The diet center I used to go to said if you drink more than 64oz a day it also will help with weight loss, so that's a plus too.

Happy Tuesday
Old 01-22-2018, 08:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ooo wine gums I love them ! ( must be the name ) can't get them in Greece , will get my mum to send some I'm craving them now lol
Nicole that's great that you re going to distance from your old friends.. I'm also doing the same with one group of 'friends'
I need to move on.
Tony please don't go for to long .. We ALL enjoy your posts . You were always here for me in my dark hours ...please come back !
Day 28 here .... Wow 4 weeks that went fast!
Have A great day everyone !
Lots of farmwork today ... With lots of bunnybanging !
Xxx
Old 01-23-2018, 12:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've also had those thoughts where I think I could drink in control and have beaten this. Although my rational brain knows I haven't and I'm happier like this anyway, so what's the point?

Day 8 for me today (I'm looking out for Barbs #8 too!). I trudged my way around a morning walk for the first time in ages but felt loads better after and I'm glad I did it. I'm going to make sure I'm back walking in the woods in time for Spring and all the flowers / leaves etc but it's too dark and boggy at the moment. I guess that's my way of meditation. Either that or lifting heavy things in the gym.

Oh and I finally lost some weight.

+1 for Tony to come back. Those sober days still count. You just need to start again and you know you can do it now too.

emme 50 days? that's amazing. I hope to be you soon. Magpie is on 30 days plus too!

Maggie + strawberry - not sure I could go for sweets and gravy but whatever gets you through!

Nichole - I agree on the friends. I'm also trying to give drinking buddies a wide berth.

Last edited by numberthree; 01-23-2018 at 01:04 AM. Reason: typo - probably missed a few
Old 01-23-2018, 02:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pleased to see so many of us doing well

D
Old 01-23-2018, 03:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 1

Feeling pretty miserable.

I have no idea where to start other than to start right here and right now.

Two nights of drinking. No - it wasn't worth it Magpie - not one little bit.

I'm not even going to write "I will not drink today" as I wrote that on Day 50 and it didn't do any good. What's the point of writing it if you're not sure you believe it or mean it?

Well done to everyone on here that is keeping going. Please don't make the same mistake that I did.

JT
Old 01-23-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome home tony !!!!!
Old 01-23-2018, 03:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't lose heart Tony - permanent irrevocable recovery is possible

D
Old 01-23-2018, 04:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=JustTony;6757566]Day 1

Feeling pretty miserable.

I have no idea where to start other than to start right here and right now.

Hey Tony, you’re going to feel better in a couple days. Just ride it out if you can. The mornings after are the worst lows there are.
Remember, the feeling goes away.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. It's good to see everyone here.

Maggie great job on 46 days or 47 days today

emme - 50 days is awesome. Glad you're feeling better. Hope the snow gets cleared out soon.

#3 - day 8! Glad someone is looking out for me

Welcome back Tony!

I didn't work out this morning. I think I aggravated an old injury so I am just sticking to yoga tonight. I hope everyone has a great day/night!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi all, just got back from an awesome long weekend away for my bday, haven't caught up on how everyone's doing, will try do that ttonight..
Just to let you know that I caved and drank, stupid but I will go into it later on...
Old 01-23-2018, 11:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 weeks Strawberry!

Good to see you posting JustTony.

Maggie, right here and right now is a good time to start again. I'm glad you came right back.

Barbs, enjoy your yoga tonight! I hope you have a good day

Happy late Birthday Red I'm glad you came right back as well.

I'm at work so don't have a lot of time but I hope everyone is having a good day
Old 01-23-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good news! My fatty liver is GONE!!!
Old 01-23-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 37 for me a chloerose.

Feeling really good at the moment. Really good. Thinking about the futrure when I should be working. Trying to remember that it’s the present that’s all we’ve got.

Thanks for the kind words Nichole! I’m struggling with the friends thing too. I guess I’m just trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t for my own self. I hope you do whatever you need to to give this sober thing a chance. I think you’re doing fantastic!

JT, thank you for sharing your experience with us. It reinforces my resolve. Sorry you had to be the one to test the waters! I’m glad you’re still posting. Keep your head up- you’ll get through this.

Emme, I hope you’re driveway got cleared- it snowed here too a few inches. My husband is out on snow removal- good thing because he’s been bumming around not doing anything most of the winter.

Maggie, I’m not having the whole exercise motivation thing either. I guess everyone’s different. I have been cooking more and not eating out, and that combined with eliminating 700-1200 calories of booze a day means I’ve lost 9 pounds. Main thing is not weight loss or looking better though, just feeling better and being happier. I don’t care if I’m 400 pounds, as long as I can look myself in the mirror sober.

Red, welcome back! Hope you had an enjoyable birthday weekend! It will be interesting to hear how it all went down. Keep us posted.

Strawberry! Congrats on 4 weeks! What’s it like in Greece this time of year?? What are you growing/raising?? And what are wine gummies?? And what is bunnybanging?? I’m imagining something that it probably isn’t. I have some googling to do. Maybe not on the work computer though...

Hi Barb! I hope your injury heals.

Hi no.3! Good work!

Hi Canguy, Bobdrop, and everyone else turning in. Thanks for being here.

Love,
Magpie
Old 01-23-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KDBnSLC View Post
Good news! My fatty liver is GONE!!!
Congrats KDB!!
Old 01-23-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats good news KDBnSLC - make the most of this second chance

D