Morning everyone !!!!! Day 30!
Old 01-24-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Strawberry

D
Old 01-25-2018, 12:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Great job Strawberry! Day 30! That is awesome! I hope you're proud of yourself, because you should be.

Up again in the middle of the night. This time because of the crud that's going around here, but at least it's not the flu.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Day 10 for me, pretty pleased with that.

I had my first AV (can you tell I'm reading around!?) experience yesterday. Out of nowhere, I suddenly decided that the weekend would be boring without drink. It took about an hour and making some plans to get into a positive mindset. The thing that snapped me out of it was that "normal" people don't think about alcohol like this.

gym tonight and that's my 5 times this week target hit. abs before summer!

awesome job strawberry, barbs (Day 10 buddy) and everyone on this page. It has helped me so much turning things around.

#comebacktony
Old 01-25-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Morning, Everyone!
Glad everyone is doing so well.
Congrats!
Old 01-25-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Yay for day 30 Strawberry! Awesome job #3 on day ten.

Good day to everyone. I'm having a down day today. I really can't put my finger on why, just one of those days, I guess. I just feel blah.

I've been hitting the gym a lot these past few weeks. Seeing results a little faster then I normally would. It could have something to do with not drinking those empty calories.😊

In reading some of your posts, I see I'm not the only one having sleep issues. I was sleeping pretty good once I got past my withdrawal symptoms but the last week and a half or so it's been a struggle. I fall asleep fine but wake up 3 to 4 hours in and have trouble falling back to sleep. It's like my mind won't quiet down. I don't think I'm particularly stressed. I don't know. I try meditating and breathing exercises. I cut out caffine, except for my morning coffee. I even got some melatonin. Nothing seems to be working. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm out of ideas. If it keeps going another week I may go see my doctor.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Stay strong!
Old 01-25-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi PalmerSage, welcome!

Hi Bob - good to see you. Hope you feel better soon.

Skrappy and Strawberry - congratulations on 30 days!

Canguy - 60 days is awesome! Great job!

Magpie - Glad you're doing so well.

#3 - I found my AV quite loud this morning too... "Forever is a really long time" it took a few minutes to recognize it but I was able to turn it around to "it is great to be rid of this poison forever"

I hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 01-25-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Come back please tony !
Old 01-25-2018, 09:10 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Barbs & #3-10 days! Double Digits!

Skrappy-Hope Canguy was right and it just takes more time for some of us on the sleep problems.

Good morning Chloe!
Old 01-25-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Morning all....

National holiday here today, leading into a 3 day weekend. I sit in an office finishing up yesterday afternoon and listen to the holiday chatter. Everyone is looking forward to drinking. The trad form of the day is a drunken bbq. The newspapers are full of multipage ads pushing cheap liquor for the holiday weekend. The police are warning against drunk driving. Its going to be days of hot weather.

So.....three very quiet days to deal with, there will be some difficult moments coming this way, but will have to deal with them. One way of dealing with the weekend AV has been to make Sunday the day it turns over to a new week. So when the The Voice kicks in at beer o clock on Sat afternoon, ..."just make it to tomorrow and you've another week" etc.
That, and knowing what will ensue, have to be the weekend strategies. But at least prepared for it. I know it sounds like white knuckling it....which it still is. But only for some of the time, and the moments do pass.

Ok.....off we go.
Later
Old 01-25-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

3 quiet days for me too Canguy.

D
Old 01-25-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I just got a call from my 26 year old daughter living out in Utah. She moved there last August for a new job. Apparently, she eloped yesterday with a guy she has known for less than a month. I told them that I was over joyed for the two of them and the truth is I really am, but I'm still shaking!
Old 01-25-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Welcome PalmerSage! Stop in anytime.

I hope you feel better soon Bob. Congrats on day 26!

Congrats on 1 month Scrappy! I hope your day got better.

Congrats on 61 days canguy! I hope your weekend goes smoothly.

Congrats on 30 days Strawberry, 38 days Magpie, 10 days numberthree & Barbs, and to everyone else too It’s good to see so many doing so well.

Congrats Barbs! I hope they have a happy life together

Day 53
I came here to post the other night and I was on my iPad and when I posted it, it all disappeared and I was too tired to redo it. I slept really bad Monday & Tuesday night but really good last night. I don’t know what’s up with the sleeping, it seems to be an issue for a lot of us right now.

My brother had back surgery this morning and it went well. He had to be there at 6:30am and was home a little after noon. I told him I would go with him but he said I didn’t need to. My sister in law was there and kept me updated. I talked to him a little while ago and he is doing good and his leg already feels better

My Amazon water bottle arrived today and tomorrow I am going to start building up my water intake. My goal is a gallon a day.

I hope everyone has a good weekend
Old 01-25-2018, 06:38 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Day 39 here. About to head off to my MBSR class. Just have a minute...

Emme, I’m glad your brother made it through surgery okay! I think I should up my water intake too...

Barbs, congrats! I think it’s awesome that you were so supportive of your daughter’s elope. My husband and I just did that to our families (but had been dating a year and a half) and a few people got mad at us. I never met his family until after we married, and luckily I LOVE them! And they really seem to like me too. I hope you have a wonderful new addition to your family!

I hope everyone who’s having issues sleeping gets a restful nights sleep tonight. I also have had some rough nights this week, but one of those was due to a tsunami alert. Nothing happened. Maybe the sleep troubles are partly due to the increasing daylight. We’re gaining about 5 minutes a day up here, and I know that affects me.

I’m doing pretty good otherwise. Except my twin sister is constantly guilt tripping me about stupid stuff. She wants me to buy her a bed because the one I had in the spare room she moved into is just one of those giant blow up beds and her back hurts. I told her to just get a mattress- all I sleep on is a mattress on the floor. I’m anti-bed. I hate moving them, and they’re pointless as far as I’m concerned. A mattress on the floor is just fine, and good for your back too. I think I’m learning to recognize when I’m been guilt tripped and I recognized anger coming up. Instead I guess I should just state my case and leave it. It’s only guilt tripping if I let myself feel guilty. Anywho. Sorry, that was a rant.

Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you tomorrow.

#comebacktony
Old 01-25-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it works out for them Barbs

D
Old 01-25-2018, 09:03 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Happy Aussie day canguy and Dee! Mmmm I miss my Aussie Chardonnay ... But I'm much happier without it!
One month day! Whoop whoop
Couldn't have done it without you all ! Especially tony who got me out of my dark Christmas hole via pm.

Have a great day everyone !
Sorry to hear a few are struggling with sleep
How's Nicole ?
Old 01-25-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Going to try and post this again freaking smartphone!!! I’ve read everyone’s post and yes not sleeping sucks it’s 130am I ask the doctor for sleeping pills but she said wait another two weeks and come back and if I’m not sleeping by then she will give me something easy for her to say!!!
I’m going to have to watch when I post because they pretty much have me doped up all day which I hate the feeling 2 pills in the morning 1 in afternoon and 1 in evening and she talked about upping the dose next appointment guess my blood work is normal just bad case of anxiety I’m not going to stay on the medication long just long enough to get normal then find other ways to deal with it and no I’m not talking about self medicating I’m over that glad everyone is doin good keep goin y’all JT hope you doin okay your not alone we care about you

When everything feels like an uphill struggle just think of the view from the top
Old 01-26-2018, 12:51 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Made it to 30 days.

Keep going everyone!
Old 01-26-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations timetotry1

D
Old 01-26-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Class! Have a great weekend! Celebrating my Birthday on Sunday and as I promised myself I will be sober. My gift to myself along with keeping on my fitness program. It has been a long hard winter but, together we are strong. Thanks for all your support here at SR.