Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 4

Old 01-26-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many Happy Returns ChloeRose

D
Old 01-26-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 27 here. Spoke too fast about not having the flu Was a very long night. I guess that I'm going to have to google Aussie Day. I have no clue but want to learn. Not much to say except congrats to all that are making it to a month and those that have powered right on past it.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

emme - glad you're brother's surgery went so well, and fast too.

Nichole - glad the blood tests results were good. A few years ago I took meds for a short time for my anxiety and it really helped. Hope it works for you too.

timetotry1 - congratulations!!!

Chloe - Happy Birthday!

Bob - oh no. take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

Well, I didn't get much sleep last night after the bombshell my daughter dropped. But I think the shock is starting to wear off. I can only hope for the best for them

I hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Barbs-I worry about you. We know that worrying about our children doesn't stop when they turn 18. I have 2 that are 31 and 27. We have to have faith in what we did to raise them and let them find their own happiness. My wife and I always joke around about how we must have done a good job because they couldn't wait to get out of our house to start their own lives I'm sure your children are just finding their way.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

good luck getting through oz day, what is everyone's strategy? just hide until it's all over or power through and try make the most of it? I'm not sure how to handle big occasion type days.

Eloping - are we talking riding off into the sunset or just moving in together?

I'm also going into the weekend (obviously!) which has been more difficult but I'm not close to cracking.

I walked up a big hill that overlooked my town this morning before work and tried to soak up the view. Feels good to climb for the hell of it and not to burn off the alcohol calories or blow off hangover cobwebs.

I hope you get over the flu quickly bob, although it seems to take about 2 weeks.

Happy birthday Chloe!
Old 01-26-2018, 05:42 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Happy birthday!

Get well soon bob!

Barb ! Wow ! I'm struggling with a 8-6-4 year olds ! It's never stops the worry even as they grow !

Well AV is on one today ! I completed my month just one cold beer as a reward?
Ahrrrrrrrr
I will not drink today .
Old 01-26-2018, 07:45 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I just realized it’s the weekend so magpie bobdrop canguy strawberry dee MaggieJ emme scrappy Chloerose barbs numberthree timetotry vivie red hills justtony kdbnslc have an amazing weekend stay sober and enjoy the little thing life has to offer!!!!
I’m having a quite weekend with the kids something I definitely need to make things better today is definitely a different day the side effects from medication is a lot better maybe my body just needed to adjust no anxiety today no mood swings feeling 100% normal and it feels freaking amazing 28 days in the making well worth it!!! Take care y’all

Results happen over time not overnight work hard stay consistent and be patient
Old 01-26-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

1 month here too
Old 01-26-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Great job Vivie!
Old 01-26-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Congrats on 1 month, Vivie!
You should be dancin'
Old 01-26-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well my day changed quick I guess my in laws are keeping the kids and me and my husband is going 4 wheeling and camping since it’s 60 degrees out feels nice considering it was 30 this morning but this is my first time 4 wheeling and camping sober might be my biggest test but I know if I feel the need I just need to go to December and visit country and remember how miserable that life was
Old 01-26-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

You got this Nichole! Make sure to bring other stuff to drink!
Old 01-26-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats vivie

Bob Australia day is like 4th of July I guess...I didn't do anything special numberthree...

D
Old 01-26-2018, 05:16 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

#3, It's the whole ring and marriage license. Hopefully with a happily ever after

Nicole - your weekend sounds great. Enjoy!

Congrats vivie!

Today had been a very challenging day. I almost stopped and bought several bottles of wine, but I didn't and I'm glad. Still not feeling all that string right now, but I will only feel worse if I drink. It will pass.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:56 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

....hard day. Hot here, holiday weekend, listening to top annual 100 on youth public radio.....people have partys to listen to this, a sort of ritual among young aussies around the world. Yeah, I'm hardly the audience.....but used to be and still .listen to see what's around and popular. But, of course,.....it's not as good as it used to be, lol
And, of course, have an internal debate over having a party of my own.....but no, not this year.
Old sad dude........can't even have beers for Aus day hot 100 anymore. Oh well, ....won't feel like s**t tomorrow.

Congrats on the month Vivie....on to the next.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:30 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Old sad dude(Sorry, couldn't resist) -Sorry it'a a tough Aus day for you. I really have no concept what that day is like there, but I'm pretty sure once you get past it, you'll be happy with yourself.

Hang in there Barbs.

Nichole-You can do this. I just know it!

Day 28 here. Still working through the flu thing. So bad in Florida right now, they're closing schools. Anyway, starting to get excited about having a month behind me. For now, have to be happy with 4 weeks.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 01-27-2018, 01:50 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

haha......yeah it was ok bobdrop, just got busy and the day progressed. The urge to drink does pass if you let it....and you get more used to it with time. And practice......had plenty of that.....
I reckon 4 weeks is a month....
Old 01-27-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

The hot 100 sounds the same with soda water Canguy
I missed it this year - decided a few years back I'm not the target demographic anymore lol

D
Old 01-27-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Class!
Going to be a warm and sunny day here in WI. Just what I wanted for my birthday. I also want to get out on the trail and ride my bike, too! Going to make it a 'golden day'
Old 01-27-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through Canguy. It is amazing how the urge passes. It doesn't always feel that way in the mist of it. Great job riding it out.

Congratulations Bob on 28 days!

Enjoy the beautiful day Chloe!

I'm feeling a bit better this morning. Trying to manage the anxiety with mediation and exercise. I think it's working