The fact that you aren’t where you want to be should be enough motivation
Old 01-23-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks Nichole

D
Old 01-23-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It’s 1 am where I am and I’ve just woken up after the most horrific nightmares. Something like a really bad horror b-movie with huge drunks, people wanting to inject drugs into me and wolf-type people. Really bizarre writing this down, I’m still shaking inside.

Coming up to day 30. i haven’t had nightmares in months, have been sleeping well recently. Anyone else experiencing that?
Old 01-23-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vivie View Post
It’s 1 am where I am and I’ve just woken up after the most horrific nightmares. Something like a really bad horror b-movie with huge drunks, people wanting to inject drugs into me and wolf-type people. Really bizarre writing this down, I’m still shaking inside.

Coming up to day 30. i haven’t had nightmares in months, have been sleeping well recently. Anyone else experiencing that?
Yes, I’ve had bad dreams from time to time since quitting. Actually had a bad one about wolves! I love wolves, and am not really afraid of them. But these were mean ones! Weird! I hope you get restful sleep for the rest of the night!
Old 01-23-2018, 08:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Magpie! Wine gums are an old traditional English gummy bear sweetie! With no wine in them really !
As for my farm it's only low key we have a lot of land around our house in the village and look over the sea to zantie island it's beutiful ..a olive grove and wine vineyard ...... Mmmmm yep I have barrels of wine at this house I have goats chickens ducks geece rabbits pigeons ! Just a small hold for organic happy animals ! Keeps the kids busy and yum us full . As for bunny banging hehehe putting a male and female together to an overnight party !!!
And the weather is mild here starts to Walm up more in March !
Hope u all have a good day and your feeling better tony !
Happy late birthday red !
Xxxx
Old 01-23-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So Friday last week came around, weather was beautiful when I finished work, it was a long weekend, my 40th bday weekend, my brain started screaming at me to drink.. I wasn't prepared for how loud my AV was screaming, the most since I had stopped, I waited nearly 4 hours before I caved in, some part of me had decided at 4pm that I was gonna drink and just sat and waited for the right moment. I drank several days in a row but not a lot.
I don't wanna sit here in self pity and hate on me for doing it, I did it, I need to recognise it and I need to realise that it can come out of nowhere and knock you off your feet..

The upside is that I was whisked away for an awesome surprise weekend, was thrown out of a plane at 15000 feet, went mountain biking for the 1st time and spent hours relaxing in natural thermal pools... Apart from the drinking it was the best weekend ever and showed me how superior natural highs are, which was what my partner was trying to show me.. I wish everyone could jump out of a plane to experience the high it gives, there is no need for drugs and alcohol when you have things like this...
Old 01-23-2018, 10:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

.....well, I was gonna ask about the 'bunny banging' too.
But then decided it probably meant you were shooting them, lol.
......and it was actually the opposite.
That's cleared up then......

Happy birthday Red. Maybe just drink on your birthdays? Hmm...maybe not such a great idea.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:19 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank Red but I'm glad you've come back

D
Old 01-23-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey y’all
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted in the lovely 2am it’s nice and quite here everyone is sleeping other then the dogs I think my puppy is like me doesn’t ever sleep and it don’t help she follows me around worse then a kid
Yesterday I had whiskey on my brain all day i Kept telling myself Thursday you go back to doctors and your going to get put on medication might as well drink until then which doesn’t make any sense now that I think about it lame reason to come up with... glad I didn’t go all buck wild and rode it out maybe there is hope after all!!!
I’m really nervous about the doctors tomorrow they wouldn’t tell me my results only thing they said is they will go over it at the appointment so I’ve been stressing I’m debating if I should say something about my history with drinking and what not but if my liver comes back good I guess it’s none of there business!!
Anyways glad to see everyone on track keep it up!!! Old ways doesn’t open up new doors!!!

If you only walk on sunny days you’ll never reach your destination
Old 01-24-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Let us know what the doctor says Nichole

I'm always inclined to be honest - I think alcoholism is the doctors business really if we want them to help.

Of course tho, I do understand the reasons why people want to keep things as private as possible - in the end it's up to you and what you feel comfortable with

D
Old 01-24-2018, 12:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

jeez I wasn't expecting bunny love and sky diving when I signed up for an addiction forum!

All went well yesterday. Although my wife did say something about a wobble she had and then she went out for a walk to pass the craving. It made me think about how I wouldn't be able to be strong for both of us, however I think it's just this over analysing thing. I woke up feeling more positive and onto day 9.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Red - glad you're back.

KLB - awesome news!

Strawberry - bunny banging, I thought the same thing as Canguy, never would have guessed, lol.

#3 - glad to see you're doing well.

All is good here. I had an appointment scheduled with a new therapist today but she has the flu. It's been reschedule to next week. I guess I'll try ramping up my meditation
Old 01-24-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Everywhere I go there I am

Day 5 today.

Putting some thought into why I became an alcoholic in the first place and I think the title of my post pretty much sums it up. I don't like myself and I drink to escape that. This predated my alcohol abuse but the shame and guilt of drinking certainly haven't helped. Getting more degrees (currently finishing my PhD), having a successful career, getting married, moving to another part of the world, getting thin...I've done it all but nothing has ever changed my low self-esteem and self-worth.

Other people often describe me as a fun, confident and caring person (despite my vices) but I never see myself in a positive light. Long term sobriety will hopefully help me with this since my escape mechanism will finally be gone and I'll have to face myself.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:02 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi all, I post in the January class even though I'm technically supposed to be in December (I quit on 12/18 and have 37 days sober). I wanted you to know that I'm lurking here, and learning a lot from all of you. I especially related to Just Tony, so hopefully he will become active again. Thanks for the insights.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 25 here. Have once again been trying to cut back on my posting because I can tend to overdo it, but have had an uneasy feeling in my stomach the last week or so due to some of you struggling. I do care. Good thing so many of you are doing great. Puts a big smile on my face

Myself, except for still not sleeping through the night, I am doing great. Not even a thought towards drinking, despite the one instinctive move to the liquor cabinet. I know it's not a solution for everyone, but ever since I looked in my wife's eyes and admitted to her that I was an alcoholic and this is the way things are going to be, my life changed. We never talked about such things before and it brought in a level of accountability and relief. I know I'm not immune, but it's just not an option anymore.

Keep up the good work class!
Old 01-24-2018, 12:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 30

Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a nice day. I've been reading and catching up on posts on my break.
I truly hope JT, that you keep posting and hang in there with us. I find your posts to be very thought provoking and honest.
I don't have a lot of time to post now but I wanted to check in. I've been busy with life, work and all that comes with it. I'm hoping to have more time later this evening. Sending love and strength.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning all.

That's hard, hills. But adding sober to your many accomplishments might be your way out of that particular mind trap. I've got a similar agenda....

Sleep will come bobdrop....and nearly to first month. I'll be honest, I thought your new year date setting after the wedding etc was a recipe for failure....but you 'done good'. I couldn't share the house with a liquor cabinet.....tho at my place we call it 'the fridge'.

Enjoy the break Skrappy, and congrats on the month.

Day 60 today here. It's been a good, productive and happy time. Trying to change daily routines and habits just for stimulation. Cook some different things....do this for the next week, plan the weekend rather than it just happening. I'm doing this solo, so have to entertain myself to avoid lapsing back into drinking. Routine busting helps.

Later....
Old 01-24-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Canguy-Thanks. I really appreciate you saying that. It wasn't just you that thought that. I would say nearly everyone that saw what I was doing thought that. Pretty sure I even lost an October friend for refusing to budge on that. Anyway, I had a plan and I'm stubborn. Thanks again.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 38 here. I’m feeling pretty consistently good the past week or so. I’m really glad this MBSR course started a few weeks into my sobriety- I think it’s been really valuable to stop and observe what’s happening in my body and mind through meditation. It’s interesting- I know I’ve used alcohol, food, Netflix, and other distractions to provide relief for all the things that are challenging in life. I think most of us found ourselves in a place we just couldn’t face life and ourselves. I’m learning non-striving. Letting things be as they are, because they already are. I’m trying to experience this life in this moment. This breath. The way this coffee feels and tastes in my mouth and throat and belly. I get to observe my nervousness and angst and sadness. I never thought I had ‘anxiety’ but I do feel anxious. I think it morphed into anger and hardness. The second arrow, if you will. I guess I need to continue to find a way to live mindfully. More than anything, I hope I never hate myself the way have over the years drinking. Total self hatred. Then more drinking to try to feel relief, then more hatred. And that’s just not right. I’m generally a decent human. No one deserves that much hate. I think everyone here deserves love, and the only love that makes love possible is self love.

Sorry to ramble. Strawberry- that sounds truly amazing!!! My first thought was bunny love! I will get there someday, but it won’t be olives and wine, it’ll be honey and carrots. Haha and of course everything else that grows in Alaska maybe pork, chickens, goats, but definitely sheep for fiber. Dreams.

Nichole, I’m thinking of you and your appointment tomorrow. I’m glad you’re sticking in there. You’re doing great.

I don’t have any more time. I read every post every day, so keep them coming everyone! This class is great- holiday veterans for the most part. I think most of us just truly HAD IT in order to make a decision to quit before the holidays. Hope everyone’s having a good day!
Old 01-24-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your milestones hills palmersage, bobdrop, Skrappy, Canguy, Magpie, Barbs, and numberthree

D