Notices

On My Way # 6

Old 06-17-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

I'll be leaving for the gym in a short while and the rest of the day will be filled with Father's Day activities.

Dinner last night was an assortment of appetizers with my daughter while sitting outside overlooking a lake. I'm not sure what our dinner plans are for tonight, but I know I won't be cooking.

Happy Father's Day!
Old 06-18-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Monday morning fun was three rounds of:

Double Kb squats
Contra lateral Kb step ups
Incline Bb bench presses
Incline Bb skull crushers
Narrow grip lat pulldowns
Pushups
Ab wheel rollouts
Kb crunches

Since it's 95F outside I'm going to be serving a cold dinner. I'm sous viding some chicken breasts, will cool them, and use them as the protein for an Asian themed chicken salad along with a spring mix.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Four rounds this morning of:

Dynamic step ups
Lateral box runs
Plank and glider variations
Bosu ball Db curls
Heavy rope doubles with jump squats
Kneeling Db presses

Dinner last night was shrimp salad served over spring mix and other veggies. Dinner tonight is going to be sous vide pork chops and sautéed spinach. If I find some initiative I'll also smoke the pork belly I've been curing and turn it into bacon.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:31 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

The bacon will be done in about 30 minutes; once it gets to temperature I'll cool it, refrigerate it, slice it tomorrow, and then package it for storage. The cheese I smoked a couple of weeks ago will be ready in about a week and my next food project, maybe tomorrow, but more likely next week, is to make beef jerky and possibly play around with dehydrating some fruit.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:36 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

It's a low energy day, but I was at the gym this morning despite my desire to not go.

I'm alone for dinner tonight and will likely reheat what's in the refrigerator since we're leaving tomorrow to go away for the weekend.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Exercise for the day was 50 pushups and loading the car with our stuff for the weekend away. We'll probably leave in about 2 hours.

The weather this weekend is not supposed to be great, but I hope to do some hiking.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Safe travels and have a wonderful time, GC.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Safe travels and have a wonderful time, GC.

Thanks SL.

The Weekend

All told there were about 65 people covering 4 generations. The weather wasn't totally cooperative, but we were able to spend most of the days outside and have a bonfire at night. Considering the circumstances (grading on a curve? ) I'd give myself an A- for my food and beverage choices as well as portion control. Exercise was non existent so I guess I have to give myself an F on that front.

This morning I was at the gym and did 3 rounds of:

Flat bench Db chest presses
Flat bench Bb skullcrushers
Flat bench Db flyes
Incline bench Db chest presses
Flat bench Db rows
Bosu ball pushups with knee thrusts.

Dinner tonight is going to be grilled flank steak with a salad and sautéed mushrooms.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Exercise for the day was a 2 mile round trip walk to meet a friend and I'll be going on a 2 mile run this afternoon.

I decided to change some aspects of last night's dinner. I have 2 go to and similar marinades for flank steak, both very traditional. Yesterday I used my sous vide machine to cook the beef, dried it off, sprinkled it with salt, black pepper, and garlic, and then seared it on my stove top griddle. The consensus was that it was super tender and very good, but the more traditional seasoning/marinade was preferred. Next time I'll combine that recipe with the new technique.

I must be on a sous vide kick, at least for another day, because my intention for tonight is to cook chicken breasts and then wok them and a variety of veggies with Asian seasonings.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:37 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Six AM fun was four rounds of:

Mountain climbers on gliders
Kneeling alternating Db shoulder presses
One arm Kb swings
Bicycles
Kb goblet hold reverse lunges
Heavy ropes
Bent over Db rows
Ball slams

Tonight's dinner is going to be burgers that I'm going to stuff with sautéed onions and peppers and cook on my kamado. If I get some initiative I'll go to the market and pick up cauliflower that I'll roast as a low carb side dish. If that doesn't happen I'll have to figure out a plan B.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:16 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Total change in plans for dinner tonight. My kids are going out with each other, which is very gratifying that they get along so well, my wife woke up not feeling great and despite going to the gym with me before six AM has been deteriorating all day. Lots of sleeping on the living room couch, we just took her temperature and it was 101.5, and she's now in bed (5 PM my time) and calling it a day. So......no real cooking for me, but rest assured I won't go hungry.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Gym fun for the day was four rounds of:

Rower
Squats with a Kb hold
Pushups
Ladder mobility drills
Duffel bag rows
Heavy ropes
Kb sumo dead lifts
Flutter kicks

I'm not sure about dinner because I don't know who is going to be home and I'm not sure how wifey will be feeling. At the moment she's still under the weather.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Exercise for the day is going to be pushups at home.

Dinner last night was tacos and I'm undecided about tonight.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

I've been absent for a couple of days, but all is good. I was at the gym Saturday, Sunday, and today for about 60 minutes each day. Lots of fun social stuff on Saturday with yesterday being a day to lay low.

Dinner for tonight is undecided, but given that it's almost 100F I won't be serving a hot heavy casserole. :-)
Old 07-03-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Indoor exercise today, but no cardio even though that's what I should be doing. Pushups, planks, and BW squats are on the menu.

We're going to an outdoor concert followed by fireworks tonight and we're going to be picnicking so no cooking for me. Kitchen duty will resume tomorrow and I'm leaning toward shell steaks, corn on the cob, and a salad.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

I've been bereft of energy for the past 24 hours and my attempts to sleep it off have lead to significant change. I was at they gym this morning for a mediocre, at best workout, but I'm glad I went.

I fell asleep too early to cook last night so we'll be having the steaks, corn, and salad tonight.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Another early night and I'm feeling better, but I've made an executive decision to err on the side of cautiousness and today is going to be a rest day.

Dinner is going to be shrimp with a basil/walnut pesto, a spring mix salad, and polenta.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

I got the weekend started with a solid workout at the gym so yesterday's decision to rest is looking quite good right now. This afternoon we're going to a pool party/BBQ at a friend's house so no cooking for me.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

I somehow stayed away from the chips and dessert cakes/pies at yesterday's party and stuck with fruit. Full disclosure: I did have a hot dog and ice cream. I'm giving myself a B+ for choices and portion control.

I had a fine workout this morning, but I need to pick up my cardio conditioning.

I'm not sure about dinner; the kids are going to be out and my wife is thinking of going to a yoga class. I'll solidify plans this afternoon.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

I struggled with today's workout, but kept going. Three rounds of:

Bb shoulder presses
Assisted chin-ups
Push ups
Trap bar deadlifts
Incline push ups
Db two point rows

I think we're all home for dinner and I'm going to sous vide chicken breasts and serve that with sautéed broccoli.