Notices

On My Way # 6

Old 07-10-2018, 01:23 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

No exercise today, but I did have the pleasure of both an electrician and a plumber spend time at the house for two un related issues. The fun continues tomorrow when the boiler repair person comes.

My plan is to be at the gym by 5:45 so I'm home before he arrives.

Dinner tonight is going to be seared shrimp and a salad.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:01 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

I was at my usual early morning Wednesday workout. Two circuits of four exercises with very little rest. The sequence is incorrect, but we did:

Planks with reach outs
Duffel bag cleans
Up/downs
Heavy ropes with alternating reverse lunges
TRX table top rows
Rower
Duffel bag clean and squats
Dynamic pushups, meaning that while ascending to the high plank position you clap your hands

Last night my kids went out for sushi. Wifey is going to dinner with some friends tonight so I'm going to make shrimp again and pair it with cauliflower rice.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

I had a decent workout this morning consisting of four rounds of:

Skaters
Push ups
Db squat presses
Up downs
Lateral sprints

Then we did three rounds of:

Ball slams
Kb deadlifts
One arm Kb swings
Weighted lateral lunges

Dinner tonight is going to be boneless pork loin roast with a jalapeno peach relish and the side is going to be a spring mix salad.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:18 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Jalapeņo peach relish. My moth is watering - yum!
Old 07-12-2018, 10:29 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Jalapeņo peach relish. My moth is watering - yum!
Hi SL! Hope all is well.

It's not my recipe, but one from a cookbook I own. If you want the details, just let me know.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Everyone please gather your pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and paper money because I'm holding a bake sale. This week I've had the pleasure of having an electrician, plumber, furnace repair person to treat an issue not covered in my service agreement come to the house and as I write I have a car in the shop for non warranty work that will cost over a grand.

I was thinking of running today, but life has gotten in the way and my right leg/hip is bothering me so at best I'm going to walk this afternoon.

No cooking for me tonight because we're going to last week's postponed music concert and fireworks with some friends.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

I wasn't at my best this morning and my wife twice suggested I should think about whether or not it was a good idea to go to the gym. I went and although I didn't have a workout for the record books I'm glad I was there.

I'm not sure about dinner because we're going to watch my nephews play in a tournament about a hour from here this afternoon and depending upon how their team does we may not be home until dinner time.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:17 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

No only did I not get online yesterday I also didn't workout out or cook dinner. All three are happening today so the world is back to normal.

I haven't cooked dinner since Thursday; Friday we picnicked at the concert/fireworks, Saturday we went out to dinner with a bunch of my wife's family after our nephews' tournament and last night we went out with the kids and my sister for sushi. We'll be home tonight and I'll be making blackened chicken thighs that I'm going to serve with a spring mix/arugula salad.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:57 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Not really much of an update, but my daughter needed some new running shoes and I went with her to our local running store where I used to be a regular. The owner, store manager, and a long time employee all greeted me by name and then the inevitable question was asked and I had to say that my running/training is virtually non existent. Without making any guarantees maybe the conversations in the store were enough for me to change my mental attitude, do whatever I can to overcome the physical issues I've been having, and get on the road again.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Pretty much a regular low key Tuesday. I walked into town to meet a friend for breakfast and later in the morning did 50 pushups.

Dinner tonight is going to be meatloaf cooked on my kamado grill with a side of roasted cauliflower.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Four rounds of nine exercises this morning.

Bosu ball burpees
Kb snatch cleans
Kb two point rows
Mountain climbers
Db shoulder presses
Kb reverse lunges
Jumping jacks
High plank with hip touches
Kb lateral lunges

Dinner tonight is going to be roasted pork tenderloin with a basil pesto topping and I'll probably serve a garden salad as the side.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:15 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Four rounds of:

TRX table top rows on one foot
Burpees
Weighted step ups
High plank wax on/wax offs
Db chest presses on an exercise ball
Bear crawls
One other exercise that I can't remember.

Dinner never happened last night because me and my wife went to a zoning board meeting to voice our concerns about a developer who bought a foreclosed property around the corner from us seeking a variance to expand what is already a large home. So if all goes as planned dinner tonight is going to be the pork tenderloin and pesto sauce that didn't get cooked last night and I'm going to roast a cauliflower.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

I went for a slow 2 mile walk/run this morning that was meh.

Dinner tonight is going to be a riff on a lo country boil. I'm not even pretending it's going to be close to authentic, but it will have mussels, shrimp, corn, and sausage cooked in a white wine sauce infused with roasted garlic and Old Bay.

TGIF!
Old 07-21-2018, 07:30 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Three rounds of:

Kb lateral lunges
Burpees
Low plank with hip touches
Db snatch cleans
Up downs
Kb reverse lunges
Crunches
Db squat presses
Mountain climbers

If the forecasted thunderstorms hold off I'll be going for a walk with my wife and dog this afternoon.

No plans for dinner as of yet.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:19 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

This morning's fun was four rounds of:

Db squat presses
Kb swings
Dynamic step ups
Squat touchdowns
TRX table top rows with one leg
Rower
Ab wheel rollout

On the third round of the rower I tweaked my lower back so I see a heating pad in my future today.

We went out for Indian (the country not Native American) last night and tonight I'm going to bake boneless chicken thighs stuffed with mozzarella cheese and wrapped in bacon. Most likely the side will be a salad.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

What a difference a day makes. After hours with my heating pad yesterday my back is almost back to normal. To be cautious I'm going to not tax it by doing any exercise today so I should be in good shape to hit the gym tomorrow AM.

Dinner last night was rib eyes, potatoes roasted in my multi cooker, and a salad. Tonight is going to be boneless pork chops and a salad.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Four rounds of:

Explosive step ups
One arm Kb swings
Kb reverse lunges
Bear crawl position holds
Up downs
Ball slams

I know for a fact that my wife is going to a girls night out dinner with friends from the block and my daughter is doing something similar with some of her friends so it may be just me and my son for dinner. Since the women folk are avoiding carbs, especially at dinner, I may use this opportunity to make a shrimp scampi served over linguini with a side salad.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Two circuits, three rounds each, 6-7 exercises per round. Don't ask me to list all of them, but there was some core work, lunges, rope work, and hi intensity cardio.

Dinner will depend who is home and most likely will involve the shrimp that I didn't cook yesterday because I went to dinner with my son.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Exercise is going to be walking and then sit ups while at home. There will also be some dancing tonight as we're going to watch the band that plays at a local pub the last Friday of the month.

Dinner is undecided.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

We spent the weekend at a friend's house at the beach after hitting the gym Saturday AM. Lots of fun.

Maybe because yesterday was an unusual Sunday rest day or maybe I just had a really good day, but regardless I had an excellent workout this morning. Three rounds of:

Db goblet squats
Bb flat bench presses
Db flat flyes
Push ups
Db bench rows
Standing Db shoulder presses
Planks
Bicycles

Dinner tonight is going to be shell steaks and corn on the cob.