Old 09-29-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great sober weekend everyone
D
Old 09-29-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Thanks, Prplrks - I hope you have a great sober weekend

ReadyAtLast - I enjoyed your story of NYC and DC when you were a teen. That must have been a great experience! I went to NYC as a teen in high school and I remember going to the top of the world trade center. So sad, right? But we had an awesome time as teens running all over NYC on a school trip!!

HNS: I can relate to your story of bringing your kids alone to Las Vegas. It is a real stress travelling with kids and you're going to do it alone! When my kids were quite a bit younger, I really wanted to take them to Disneyworld (and I was divorced and by myself). I took all 3 of them on my own, on the plane, etc. and it was not easy. My Mom told me I was nuts for taking that on. But I was determined, and I did it, and we had a great time (though it was plenty stressful for me). While on the trip I bought a magnet for my fridge of Cinderella's Castle - a really nice one. I remember looking at that magnet as if it was a trophy, and I was the only one who knew that magnet meant to me, "I did it." I still have the magnet on my fridge today!

So all week long I was getting likes on Twitter for something and I was kind of ignoring it. Today I decided to see what people were liking and I was really really surprised to see it what something I wrote myself! I have no memory of writing this and was really surprised that it was mine. Then of course, I look at the date of it - Sept. 21. The night I was drinking. Ughh.... fortunately it wasn't anything too bad or embarrassing on my part, but I hate those 'blackout' posts.

Today is Day 8. Hard to believe one week ago this morning I was writhing in pain from my hangover. No more for me.

Have a good weekend, folks!
Old 09-29-2017, 10:50 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lightbulb

just a note for those who've never been in a Class of Thread before...

at the end of the month we move this thread to our Daily Support Threads forum, so that a new thread - the Class of October - can start here in the Newcomers forum

nothing else changes and this thread will continue on

D
Old 09-30-2017, 12:03 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 days Juno.

Thanks Dee for letting us know what happens next.

Have a fulfilling fun and sober weekend everyone.
You deserve it,
Old 09-30-2017, 12:29 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Hi all , its a coincidence that I am age 61 and today marks 61 days sober , I think I'll buy us a couple of rib eye steaks for dinner tonight .

Wishing each and every one of you a contented weekend .
If your on a day one or very early days please keep at it and stay close to sober company and hang around here often .
Its not easy I can testify to that after a rough week but I am going into the weekend positively .

Love and best wishes
Old 09-30-2017, 01:35 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Congrats on 61 days thomas

Happy sober Saturday everyone
Old 09-30-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your graduation guys

Old 09-30-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Thank you for moving us Dee.

Congrats to everyone on whatever day you are on. Hope everyone still checks in and is going strong.

Thank you to everyone for being in the group and for all the support and friendship. This class is fundamental in my sobriety.

Here's to another good month for us all
Old 09-30-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
Hi all , its a coincidence that I am age 61 and today marks 61 days sober , I think I'll buy us a couple of rib eye steaks for dinner tonight .

Wishing each and every one of you a contented weekend .
If your on a day one or very early days please keep at it and stay close to sober company and hang around here often .
Its not easy I can testify to that after a rough week but I am going into the weekend positively .

Love and best wishes
Excellent work, Thomas! Really inspiring 😀
Old 09-30-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Wow, I didn't realize it was the last day of the month.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Happy sober Saturday Septemberites!! Quick check in, Husband the girls and I are off on a much needed camping trip. We rented a cabin in Central Oregon and plan on doing some geocaching, and generally getting the jeep dirty. Not sure if there will be any cell service, but will check in if I can.

take care guys and gals

Badge
Old 09-30-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone- day 29. Happy Saturday! Today is a busy day of football for my son and cheerleading for one of my daughters, then dropping off one daughter at a friends birthday party.

Juno- thanks for the idea of buying a magnet- I definitely think I will buy a "trophy" for myself and keep it to remind myself that I did this trip!

Thomas, congrats on 61 days.. I hope your steak was yummy!

See you all in the next thread!
Old 09-30-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

DAY 1.

I started to come out of it yesterday afternoon (my haze and the meds not working). I also was definitely in a detox stage. Palms sweating. Went to the bank with my dad to get that thing done yesterday and he wouldn’t wait 20 minutes. It happens on Friday afternoon this Credit Union is packed. I was likeWTF??? The previous day here was no one. So we had to just leave. This is extremely important and he chandlers his mind about doing things to help out. Became ultimately frustrated and went out.

I’ll be reporting the different stages of feeling aweful on here for the Blane to 10 days. Alllergies going crazy. Auto immune conditions on full power. Passing out in bed in the middle of the day for 2 hours. Etc.

Pray to the universe for me. I’m a lost soul. I jobless, getting older, I don’t see how a future can happen for me.

Thanks for your support in advance I’ll check back in a few hours.

Viper
Old 09-30-2017, 10:15 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Trying to move on. A lot of typos up there in my previous post. Going to the shoe store for my Birkenstock arch supports. The beat any custom thing you can buy. Amazing for my super high arch.

We’ll get through together I hope
Old 09-30-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Have a great trip Badge

Good to see you back Viper.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Hi gang,

A quick hello from the airport in Athens where I'm waiting for a connecting flight to go see my family. My bag is packed with kindle, iPad, colouring book, crayons. Many things to keep me busy instead of hitting the airport bar for a couple of beers.
Hope you're all having a great sober weekend!

Viper, glad you came back to us!
Old 09-30-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

have a good trip Leeloo

Does anyone like reading? I love reading, usually fiction stuff but have enjoyed some great books on sobriety, mindfulness, meditation etc over the years.

Not sure if I read a recommendation on this class thread or in the main newcomers section but last night I bought "The Naked Mind" It sounds good and I'm looking forward to it arriving next week. Am stocking up on books as going on hols in 2 weeks. Though when a really good one arrives I can't just put it in the suitcase and have to start it now

Had quite a productive day moving around furniture and bought a few bits and pieces for the house. It's amazing how different things look when you REALLY look at them through sober eyes.

Happy sober Saturday night everyone.x
Old 09-30-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Thanks RAL for the reminder....I have books that have been partially read or not at all ~ I start reading then my A.D.D. kicks in.....it's a good idea to get back into it again!

Welcome back Viper! Stay close by.....I need to as well!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend
Old 09-30-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Administrator

What happened Vipe?

D
Old 09-30-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Day 26.
Time flies, already time for October!
I went to my one on one meetings, had blood work done and will know the results when i return to see my doctor, I guess.
She prescribed some anti craving pills that only really eliminate the effects (buzz or high) of alcohol to reduce consumption even though i have not consumed any for nearly 4 weeks. I have them but am not taking them. What for?
Also they may be hard on the liver and I put mine through enough already. One reassuring thing is that my doctor told me she would call in case my liver would be damaged same or next day so I do not take the meds and she hasn't called. For some reason my liver has kept it up through the years and put up with the drinking (had bloodwork done a few years ago and it was clean - may be hereditary, they said).
Anyway, I still get the urge evety now and then but have resisted.
I've been mainly depressed and highly irritable as of late which has become my steady mood these days.
I should see a psych for some type of mood disorder they duduct but don't know when that's for.
I will get 6 months worth of nicotine patches too on the 16th but this group meeting on Wednesday I am not looking forward to and may not attend. They do nothing for me. Been there for other issues in the past and never was for me.
Anyway, just thought I'd check in. Honestly been too depressed or just not into it anymore. It's a problem with everything in my life. High moments of hope and excitement followed by the opposite; aloofness and disengagement. I don't think that's bipolar but it is what it is. I say that cuz I've known a bipolar person and when he was on a high he'd think he was Jesus and on lows he'd run into the woods and literally sleep there for days his family thought he was missing. He'd just physically dissapear.

In any case, enjoy your weekend!