Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 09-26-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Many happy returns of the day, Thomas59
Old 09-26-2017, 01:32 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Oh dear! Fell out of the sky yesterday and drank a bottle of beer and a bottle of wine. Just sat with the fiancee and thought 'Sod it...' no dramas (Never are with me) I just end up drinking a bottle of beer and a bottle of wine 5 nights a week - 2 days off, never any trouble, or fights with OH or kids, never DUI'd, never miss work, never anything bad, really. Sometimes I think it would be easier to quit if I had bigger drink-related problems.

Funny, lot of posts here resonating - like RAL, I quit for 3.5 years from 2011-2015 and then it builds up again...

(Big sigh) What to do now? I just threw away 25 days...

Strength to all - don't pick up - it's really not worth it - didn't have a great time - I always kind of thought wine enhanced our love-life but she said this morning - quite unprompted - 'It's better sober...'

(Shaking my head here...)
Old 09-26-2017, 01:34 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Thomas 🍰🍦enjoy the buffet ☺
Old 09-26-2017, 01:54 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

bluedog - are you moving down there? or looking for somewhere to move?

Had a few thoughts of drinking last night, but nothing too bad. Played the tape forward and thought better of it. I did cave and have a few cigarettes, but I'll get myself back on track with that today. I'm worried that giving in to any cravings will lead to giving in to that AV!

General, I'm glad you came back. I seem to get caught in the same thing - it's never something big that gets me to drink. It's usually just a nice relaxing evening, then "Well I didn't get blackout drunk last night, maybe I CAN moderate!" And then it's all down hill from there. I say learn from it and move on. We're all doing our best!
Old 09-26-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Day 18 completed.

Keeping myself busier the past two days, which has been good.

Can't remember the last time I went over two weeks. I think it was around seven years ago when I hit my first rock bottom, which was the only time I really gave an effort. Looking forward to keeping it going as I have enjoyed not feeling horrible the next day or bringing a mess of regrets for sober me to deal with.

Hope everyone is staying strong and positive.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:00 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many Happy Returns Thomas

General maybe you need something more like a codified plan?

D
Old 09-26-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

Welcome to the class viper😀

Bluedog and linners hope you both have better days today.

Badge how are you doing today ?keep on trucking as someone used to say 😀

He's that's great news you and your husband talked. It's so much easier sober.

General sorry to hear that but great to see you back.

Love the joke Leeloo😀

Great job site and renvate not giving in to the cravings. They do pass.

Wise words fitsom thank you.

An egg and sausage my muffin sounds fabulous caprice 😀
Congrats on your milestones neo chickchic frank and everyone 👍
Hi 60ab purple and sober369 and everyone else.x
Old 09-26-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, where can I find such a plan?
Old 09-26-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a good start General:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)
D
Old 09-26-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Thomas 🎉

Thanks for sharing your story RAL🙂

I had the hardest day so far and was close to getting drunk. Fortunately, I didn't. I don't want to minimize this because I was so close. I'm really grateful today to be sober and posting right now.

My thoughts are with everyone else struggling today. We can do this!
Old 09-26-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 17.

Great post Ready At Last. I too think I am just ready to quit. And I feel I am at the end of my rope so to speak. I know I cannot drink even a little bit. I am an alcoholic. With that fact being known it actually gives me some peace. Its an unmovable object. So I must find another path. Hence I am not white knuckling over the prospect of never drinking again like the previous two attempts. Now I just have to regain the trust that I have lost with my family. That gives me great anxiety. I want to fix it now but understand it will take time.

Happy Birthday Thomas.

Everybody have a good sober today. Come here and talk if you want to drink. Work on your recovery plan. PM me and I will respond shortly. This is a process.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Day 11
Today is the first day back from my trip it went great. The thought to drink while I was away happened more then I would have liked, but I made it the whole time without a slip up. I am supee proud of myself. My husband was a huge help and didn't deink while we were away and didn't push to stay at the after party to long. I had a great sober long weekend. Hope everyone jas a great day!
Old 09-26-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Thomas!

General, sorry about the slip up. I know all too well what that feels like. You're back here and that's what counts.

Welcome Viper.

I'm on Day 5 and am feeling slightly more optimistic. The air is fresh and nice and I just went for a walk with my dog. I slept like a rock with deep intense dreams, and maybe feel refreshed for the first time in a while. We may have had a breakthrough with my 14 year old son who has been having issues. I am hopeful today.

I have a work trip to NYC tomorrow and will be taking the train. In the past, I have had wine on train rides - not this time. I am seeing Hamilton tomorrow night and want to be completely clear headed and sober. I am excited.

I may be able to post tomorrow before my trip. Keep up the good fight, everyone!
Old 09-26-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hi To new people on day one .

Thanks for birthday wishes you guys/gals are so kind .

The buffet was super nice , I tried lots of small servings of the dishes but no way could i get round them all , there was even an Italian section .
I'm not ashamed to say I came out well and truly stuffed .
Its 3pm and i'm going to nap for half an hour to rest my poor GI.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Thomas!!

Unfortunately I don't have time to reply to all, but just wanted to say that I'm keenly following your updates and really appreciate everything you're sharing.
Awesome day to all you awesome people!
Old 09-26-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

good morning all.

General, you and I can do our restarts together, I through away 20 + days on Sunday. It just made me stronger, still unhappy and disappointed, but no one forced the wine down my throat, its all on me. Forward and onward.

Happy day thomas!!

RAL- thank you for sharing your story, when I get a chance I may post, although it is very similar to yours

Juno- have a safe and fun trip to NYC! I have never been east of Oklahoma, I heard that there are 75,000 people per square mile in Manhattan, I got all claustrophobic and freaked out at the thought of that many people around me. You can tell this girl is country!

Badger07- you are so right when you stated that this is a progress and will take time. Thank you for the offer to pm, I may take you up on that!

Alright best get productive.

Badge
Old 09-26-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I'm serious. Any of you are welcome to PM me and then we can take it over to email or text. Having been sober for 1.7 years the first attempt and having been here in the early stages before I might possibly be able to comment on whats going on. Helping other fellow addicts is part of the process. For me it is anyway.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Thomas!!

Unfortunately I don't have time to reply to all, but just wanted to say that I'm keenly following your updates and really appreciate everything you're sharing.
Awesome day to all you awesome people!
Leeloo thanks for that , I read tons of posts and many are so helpful and like you its not easy replying to every one . I love you all just the same ,were all in the same boat .
Old 09-26-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the welcome and all of the ‘Thanks’ on my first comment here. Hi 369!

It’s such a battle. Such a cunning foe. A lot of us have been on SR for a long time. The important thing is we keep trying. I’ll never go back to being a drinker. At least I’ve managed to go from 180+ days a year to about 20 days a year, over the last 3 years. It’s not good enough. I black out. I have anxiety and depression and PTSD. My meds wash out of my system with one screw up. I’ve also had auto immune issues since I was young. All of it can be controlled if I stay on the meds and the proper (strict) diet. And Don’t Drink! The doctors all say the same thing: Take the psych meds, don’t drink EVER, stay on the diet, and get daily exercise. Do I listen, no.

I’m 47 and have managed to self sabotage my life away. Not working, not being happy, no girl for a long time, etc.

That’s just so you folks have some overview with me.

I lit candles for all of us last night, and let them burn out in the fireplace in my bedroom. I’m into The Universe as a higher power.

Ok. Let’s all try to move forward as a team. One day at a time, one minute at a time, and especially one step at a time. Ain’t nothin’ gonna happen overnight.

I’m lying in bed for a while today. I already went out and had done me coffee and food.

Viper
Old 09-26-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Hi Viper,

Thanks for the candle!

I too am a fan of thinking of the Universe and its patterns that we just haven't figured out yet. Space-Math!

It's bizarre how people choose to ignore good advice (by doctors for example), to continue doing the thing that ruins them in the end. I shouldn't talk though, it's only been a bit over a week since my last drink and I'm still happily puffing on my cancer sticks.