Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 3

Old 08-28-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good morning (for me here in Switzerland!) but it's still night time for my North American pals.
It's Monday which was always my "start date" for getting sober. It's funny how much energy I used to put into Mondays, how much hope...and then I actually ended up quitting successfully on a Friday hehehehe

Well it's Day 17 and I am real excited about closing in on a month soon.

Congrats on all your accomplishments, big and small- they all count.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all great job on still being here x

so start of day 6 and things is bit brighter this morning. Husband and me sorted things out yesterday evening but i am still aware that i cant go back to way things was and keep doing what i was doing. Last week i have been saving up some of the money i would of spent on drinking and will continue to do that and treat hub and daughter and me to things with it.

will check in later to see how u all are and also have a good day on this new week x
Old 08-28-2017, 02:48 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Happy Monday team! Great job with the weekend, I know it was quite the struggle for me. Monday's are strong days though, trick is keeping that resolve on Friday! Great job pulling it back in purple cat. Learn and keep moving is how we do this.

Have a fantastic day! Attitude of gratitude.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I like how Mondays are less miserable with no hangover! Who knew?!?!? Lol

Lately it seems to be less of a struggle and more of a routine without alcohol.....a big burden lifted off the shoulders. I need to be careful, though, and mindful that the AV can sneak in at any time. Gotta keep my guard up!

Let's keep going forward!
Old 08-28-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Congrats on everyone's sober weekends and daily milestones. Keep pushing through!

EMME....you got this work thing. You will kick butt!

I've got therapy at 1:00 and then a meeting. I will not drink today...no matter what!!! Sobriety feels too good!

Have a great day and if you are struggling or back to day 1...come back here. We won't judge b/c we've ALL been there! Success is never giving up!

Day 7
Old 08-28-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Adding Catch847 to out class roster! Welcome Catch!

August 2017 Class!!!

PurpleCat
Forwards
Sober81
Lilymaz
teaorcoffee
Sath79
ReadyAtLast
Erratic
Doodles84
Michelle009
Eslsp
Surrender2win
determined99
fgo
Legolady
Awkwardkitty
Plenny
MNVikes4life
Jezzi
Flinders39
StartingOverNW
Islingtonite
Thomas59
Georgie123
DeniseLarkin
Evienne
LukeStanley
1StepUp
ghostgirl
courtneylove140
CaptainHaddock
Linners820
Poppy79
CJHolden
Susiegirl
Debbyjay
MovingForward1
Nic233
SoberNeveah
Atwitsend123
Pinky1
decchemist
snufkin
Purplrks3647
KIKI0615
Kgirl41
Thunderskies
Alock
DarkestHour
Horn95
LunaBlue
bblackbirdflyy
sweenzo
eremite
Lava256
Candie
BiskyRizness
Sunny06
GreatEscapade25
bllit
Jforce58
ChickChick
theVman31
Ekohe
emme99
Caramel
Areyoukittenme
Lyddie
Emzy20
Rah555
Sweetchick
Treesofgreen
Wrandi1
Grateful11
Sweetpeacan
Sofedupofthis
Garfield
Lilitheruffgem
Withinme
ssd858
aca508
NightHeron
jacintadturtle
Bluebird2007
HappyPineapple
Horatio48
time2LLL60
martina12
Mando
Sandra16
Gram99
Cuckoo
Gradstudent1986
BeachE
SoberTyger
SecretChord
SoberBlondie
Catch847

Old 08-28-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

on day 3 sober after my relapse. Managed to eat with a strong appetite for the first time since i drank, and feels good to have a full stomach.
Still feel very low. My relapse caused me to lose a lot of confidence in myself and my recovery that i need to regain. But i looked a lot of the time prior to my relapse and i know a lot of mistakes i did in recovery i can look out for and avoid.
I gained a lot from AA meetings in my sober time, so just need to get back into the program and work it harder - I am glad i have a strong and good group. But my priority #1 right now is just getting my body back on track after the 10 days bender with almost no food consumed.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi all! So glad to read all of your posts - keep it up! Busy weekend behind, busy week ahead. I've been thinking less about alcohol lately, and that's good! But I TOTALLY agree with you Purplrks3647 - gotta keep my guard up too, so AV won't sneak up on me.

Lately I've noticed I have a lot of time. Literally - I get home from work and I have TIME now that I don't spend it with a bottle of Chardonnay. What do you all do with your newly found extra time? Have you figured out new hobbies or what? My house is SUPER clean: now I need something else to do
Old 08-28-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. had a busy Monday at work as usual, don't know how I did it when I drank, honestly! Wasn't drinking just exhausting? I feel shattered just thinking back on getting through hungover Mondays! Or any day come to that.

Purps, HP, I know what you mean. I am 5 weeks sober tomorrow and feel better and better for it, I absolutely love being sober and clear headed. And I don't think about drinking very much or if I do it's more of a passing thing. But I can never ever let my guard down or forget where drinking would take me sooner or later. 'Just one or two' never worked for me before and is never going to work for me. Ever. I accept that now, and that acceptance has been key for me and it's also what makes this time different for me.

Enough of my ramblings, off to bed. have a great evening/night lovelies.

Anyway sorry for rambling, hope everyone
Old 08-28-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hello All, What a beautiful sunny day it's been today - my worst nightmare when in the throes of drinking/hungover but a different story today. I enjoyed a lovely walk along the river, I love the sounds of water flowing and ducks quacking, I like nature really. Planted some plants in my garden and generally enjoyed the pottering feel to the day. I am on day 21 and so grateful to be here enjoying the little things that make me happy.

Hope everyone here has had a good day too. Goodnight/Good Morning all :
Old 08-28-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back ST

However weak you might feel I do think you're in a stronger position now because you have some knowledge of the things that can trip you up.

Make a solid plan and get started with Recovery 2.0

D
Old 08-28-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Quick check in! I haven't been posting or lurking much the last few days as I've had a lot going on. I'm currently involved in a big household problem and trying to figure out how best to work through it. It's something that has been brewing for a long time but has finally escalated to the point where it needs to be addressed. I've spent the last few months masking the issue with drinking and pretending it wasn't there. We all know how well that works out

I've been filled with rage, sobbing tears, feeling every spectrum of human emotion there is to feel. It's been tough, but I'm trucking through it using every coping skill I've learned this far. I'm almost to 30 days and refuse to tuck tail and run. Of course I'd prefer any tough obstacles to happen farther into my recovery but unfortunately we can't control everything.

I ask of you to please pray for me. If you're not into prayer, please send well wishes. I will update you again in a while. Thank you so much.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers and best wishes Jezzi - remember we're always here for support

D
Old 08-28-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

All the best, Jezzi.
Praying for your intentions.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Meow

((((((Jezzi))))))

Busy day here. Going to bed sober. Hope you are all well.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberTyger View Post
on day 3 sober after my relapse. Managed to eat with a strong appetite for the first time since i drank, and feels good to have a full stomach.
Still feel very low. My relapse caused me to lose a lot of confidence in myself and my recovery that i need to regain. But i looked a lot of the time prior to my relapse and i know a lot of mistakes i did in recovery i can look out for and avoid.
I gained a lot from AA meetings in my sober time, so just need to get back into the program and work it harder - I am glad i have a strong and good group. But my priority #1 right now is just getting my body back on track after the 10 days bender with almost no food consumed.
Hang in there Tyger! I totally know how you feel. The longer we are sober the better it will get. You are not alone!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jezzi View Post
Quick check in! I haven't been posting or lurking much the last few days as I've had a lot going on. I'm currently involved in a big household problem and trying to figure out how best to work through it. It's something that has been brewing for a long time but has finally escalated to the point where it needs to be addressed. I've spent the last few months masking the issue with drinking and pretending it wasn't there. We all know how well that works out

I've been filled with rage, sobbing tears, feeling every spectrum of human emotion there is to feel. It's been tough, but I'm trucking through it using every coping skill I've learned this far. I'm almost to 30 days and refuse to tuck tail and run. Of course I'd prefer any tough obstacles to happen farther into my recovery but unfortunately we can't control everything.

I ask of you to please pray for me. If you're not into prayer, please send well wishes. I will update you again in a while. Thank you so much.
Hang in there Jezzi! I'm praying for you now!!! You can do this!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Goodnight class! Love & prayers to ALL!
Old 08-28-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Morning all,

This week is going to be busy, hot and a lot better sober.

(((Jezzi))), hope it all works out for you. Come here if you need us.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:08 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Morning all. Jezzi, sorry for your situation love. We are here for you Xx.