Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 3

Old 08-30-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
Good Evening Everyone! I just wanted to check in and announce that I am back on day one. I was somewhere around day 35 but I went on vacation and blew it. I've been "mostly" sober since Late Jan/Feb with a few days here and there. I was feeling soo wonderful, I had lost 15 pounds, everything was going great.. then I decided it would be ok to drink for vacation.. what a mistake! While I didn't go as crazy as I would have a year ago, I still ended up drinking most nights, not getting enough sleep, being cranky with my son, etc etc. I am so pissed at myself! Ugg! Anyways, time to move on and learn from my mistakes once again. I'm going to try to take some time to read up and get to know everyone tomorrow but until then I hope that everyone has a wonderful sober night. :-)
It's never worth it to start drinking. The next morning is always the same. Same problems, same issues, nothing is made better by drinking.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Well the good news is that I've co completed 30 days. Bad news is that my mental health has not improved and I'm still in hospital. Not feeling at all positive about things. Still, I'm eating well and sleeping well and not craving a drink.

Well done all. Forwards.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Debbyjay View Post
Help.
I know you all can't do this for me but I need to know why I would break a streak of alcohol free days to drink. My go to drink is wine. I almost always get a little box (500ml) and drink it. I have nothing else in the house so I stop there and I find myself thinking that it is not too bad. I went two weeks sober and just calmly decided that I felt like drinking wine one day and went to buy it.. When I drink that much I do get drunk, make poor decisions (a phone call I shouldn't make, a purchase that I don't need etc) and I always feel regret and a little sick the next day. Why would I do that? So now I have been off a few days, then drink. There is nothing good about drinking, other then the feeling from the first glass. Everything after that is a bust. Am I being defiant just to be defiant. I live alone, finally getting good closure after divorcing my AH and yet I am guilty of the same thing really. I am at a loss!
It's futile trying to be logical about addiction cos it's not logical.
If I couldn't find, or mould, a reason to drink I'd just drink anyway.

Sometime I felt drinking just made life better....which probably doesn't say a lot for my life at that point, lol

Its the nature of the condition.

For me the key to change was coming here every time I wanted to drink and staying here until I felt safe again.

I had to take drinking off the table as a viable option.

No matter how I felt or what was happening to me, I made a conscious commitment to get through it without drinking.

That was hard - incredibly hard at times - but it got easier.

I'd given 20 years of my life to drinking - I knew were that took me - I wanted to give some decent time to not drinking and see where I ended up

It worked out wonderfully

D
Old 08-30-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Day 1

I was feeling really good. Exercising, not calling in sick to work, less anxiety. I was going to AA meetings but slacked off when kid's calendars got busy. Yesterday I thought I could have 2 beers....which became more beer and then vodka. Blacked out as usual, woke up still drunk, called in sick to work and feel physically and emotionally terrible. Starting day 1 today.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Mitos

D
Old 08-30-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee74
Old 08-30-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hi Mitos

Thinking of you, Forwards. Congrats on your 30 days. I hope you will be able to get out of the hospital soon. Keep your spirits up. This is temporary. You will get through it. Everything is going to be ok.

I'm just behind you at 28 days. I have my ups and downs too. Lots of different stresses on my mind, but not much I can do about any of them at the moment besides keep plugging along and focus on sobriety. So I'm trying not to worry and dwell on my problems. I truly feel like, something's got to give. In a good way. Something good is going to happen soon.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone! Another sober day in the books.

Welcome Mitos!!!

Hang in there Debby! Ditto to everything Dee said! I couldn't have said it better. Never give Up!
Old 08-30-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's good you're in a safe place Forwards - congrats on 30 days

D
Old 08-30-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Welcome MITOS!

August 2017 Class!!!

PurpleCat
Forwards
Sober81
Lilymaz
teaorcoffee
Sath79
ReadyAtLast
Erratic
Doodles84
Michelle009
Eslsp
Surrender2win
determined99
fgo
Legolady
Awkwardkitty
Plenny
MNVikes4life
Jezzi
Flinders39
StartingOverNW
Islingtonite
Thomas59
Georgie123
DeniseLarkin
Evienne
LukeStanley
1StepUp
ghostgirl
courtneylove140
CaptainHaddock
Linners820
Poppy79
CJHolden
Susiegirl
Debbyjay
MovingForward1
Nic233
SoberNeveah
Atwitsend123
Pinky1
decchemist
snufkin
Purplrks3647
KIKI0615
Kgirl41
Thunderskies
Alock
DarkestHour
Horn95
LunaBlue
bblackbirdflyy
sweenzo
eremite
Lava256
Candie
BiskyRizness
Sunny06
GreatEscapade25
bllit
Jforce58
ChickChick
theVman31
Ekohe
emme99
Caramel
Areyoukittenme
Lyddie
Emzy20
Rah555
Sweetchick
Treesofgreen
Wrandi1
Grateful11
Sweetpeacan
Sofedupofthis
Garfield
Lilitheruffgem
Withinme
ssd858
aca508
NightHeron
jacintadturtle
Bluebird2007
HappyPineapple
Horatio48
time2LLL60
martina12
Mando
Sandra16
Gram99
Cuckoo
Gradstudent1986
BeachE
SoberTyger
SecretChord
SoberBlondie
Catch847
Mandosca
Mitos
Old 08-30-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation End of Month!!

Just a reminder (or a note to those who've never been in a Class Of thread before)

At the end of the month this thread 'graduates' from Newcomers forum and moves to the Daily Support Forum to join all the other past monthly threads.

We do this so that a new thread, the Class of September 2017, can take its place here, for everyone quitting in September .

Apart from the forum move, nothing else changes - as long as you guys want to post, there will *always* be a Class of August 2017 thread

I'll put in a redirect notice when the move is done so everyone can find the new home

D
Old 08-30-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Welcome Mitos. Glad you are here.

Congrats SoberBlondie

Thanks determined99, Dee & Jezzi

Originally Posted by Debbyjay View Post
There is nothing good about drinking, other then the feeling from the first glass.
This is so true Debbyjay, but so easy for me to forget. Thanks for the reminder.

Day 19
It was a pretty uneventful day, which was good. I worked until 8pm and then came home, ate dinner and watched TV. Grateful to have another day sober.

Thanks for posting everyone. I look forward to reading everyone's updates each night.

I hope everyone has a good day/evening
Old 08-30-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Good morning class on the last day of August! Thanks for the heads up about the thread move Dee

Mitos, welcome. Day 1 sucks but it doesn't last forever And there will be many better days ahead.

Forwards, congratulations on 30 days! I'm glad you are eating and sleeping well, these are always good signs. Take the most from the treatment and help you are getting there.

A wee day off for me folks and yet again lucky enough to be spending it with my favourite people. I feel so blessed.

Happy last day of august everyone, I am starting September as I did August, sober. And hangover free 😊. Who's with me?
Old 08-30-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Morning all , Right outside across the road from our house is a huge oak tree which I spend many a day just gazing at . Fortunately its been over juice or coffee or tea for the past 30 days . I was sitting at our little table yesterday with my wife just going over the differences from when I drink and when I dont and there are many .
About the oak tree , well I got to thinking it never changes its pattern throughout the year ,without fail the leaves are begining to fall at this time of year and before long they will all drop off and inthe spring will bud and by summer be full of leaves once more .of course you know this .My point is the tree doesnt care about yesterday or next week , its perfect , it just IS ,its a miricle ,like everything elase in nature .
Going forward I am going to try and be closer to nature and just BE . I was born a perfect human being and learned to be the way I am today . I am going to attempt a more natural approach and just let things be as they should .

Love and best wishes for September .
Old 08-31-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Welcome mitos! Muscle through today and check in often, the cloud will pass I promise.

Lily, I am with you, let's bring on September and do this thing!

Great post Thomas, great lesson in there for all of us.

Wish I had time to personally respond to all, but thanks to everyone for posting!

Today is last work day until Tuesday. Looking forward to waking up Tuesday morning feeling fantastic and proud.

Eye on the prize!
Old 08-31-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hi everyone-

90 days today.

Have a great day!
Old 08-31-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Lunar

D
Old 08-31-2017, 03:05 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hello class!

I'm really excited about the show I'm going to tomorrow ~ it's the same band I went to see when I slipped earlier this month.....I don't want that to happen again! I'm scheduled to work early Saturday so that helps. Just need to stay close and keep my guard up ~ we know how sneaky the AV can be!

LET'S GO TEAM AUGUST!
Old 08-31-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days Lunar!!!
Old 08-31-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your graduation guys

D