Notices

Class of August 2017 Part Two

Old 08-16-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Checking in ~ hey everyone! Pretty worn out from a busy day, so I'm looking forward to getting some sleep (and waking up hangover-free!)

Watching "Wahlburgers" but I'm about to change the channel cause it's making me hungry!!!
Old 08-16-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
How are you doing lyddie? Did you have a nice hike?
Yes I did have a nice hike. Thanks for asking and most importantly I didn't buy wine on the way home. Day 4 is coming to an end and its on to Day 5 tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hello everybody,

Yesterday was stressful for me, but turned out really good. On my way home, I stopped at Starbucks in the grocery store. While I was waiting for my coffee, I couldn't stop staring down the beer aisle....wondering if they had my favorite poison in the cooler.

I didn't check.

Day 17, and I'm about to hit the hay.

Best to you all. If/when you're struggling, remember that you have inherent worth as a person, and that you deserve to have the healthier life that you want to have.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by candie View Post
Day 9 now, n this SMART thing is really working for me.I 'm having sugar cravings, but not concerned yet

Cool Candie! Do you go to SMART meetings? We don't have them where I live. :-(
Old 08-16-2017, 08:46 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
Yes I did have a nice hike. Thanks for asking and most importantly I didn't buy wine on the way home. Day 4 is coming to an end and its on to Day 5 tomorrow.

That's amazing lyddie! Great job. You are gonna thank yourself tomorrow!!!
Old 08-16-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eremite View Post
Hello everybody,

Yesterday was stressful for me, but turned out really good. On my way home, I stopped at Starbucks in the grocery store. While I was waiting for my coffee, I couldn't stop staring down the beer aisle....wondering if they had my favorite poison in the cooler.

I didn't check.

Day 17, and I'm about to hit the hay.

Best to you all. If/when you're struggling, remember that you have inherent worth as a person, and that you deserve to have the healthier life that you want to have.

Thanks eremite. We DO deserve a healthy happy life! B
Old 08-16-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

And by the way....posting a million times is helping me stay sober today. Sorry about all the posts.....
Old 08-16-2017, 10:09 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Morning all,

You do what you need to do Kiki, we like posts, they help keep us going.

Good job Eremite and Lyddie, for me it takes effort and forethought to change the habits of the last decade. Looks like you are on the right path.
I was grumpy last night after work, but a good nights sleep has made me more solutions focussed.
Here's to a lovely sober day.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:31 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I enjoy seeing your posts KiKi

Day 5.
It was an ok day. I'm frustrated over a few things right now and I can't get them out of my mind. That is partially what drinking helped me with was to let things go a little bit and I am not really sure what I'm supposed to do now. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help.

I hope everyone is having a good day/night
Old 08-16-2017, 10:58 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Morning all, just a quick check in. I like to see your posts and your list of members kiki, don't ever apologise!

eremite, you are right, we have worth and we do deserve happiness!

It's stopped raining here thank goodness. I am getting ready to go and spend the day making good memories with my daughter and grandson.

For our newbies, there are a couple of other threads you might find useful. 24 hour recovery is good for making that commitment every day to stay sober. Also the gratitude threads are great to reflect on the good stuff and be grateful for it, no matter how simple.

Hope everyone is feeling good and strong and ready for another sober day!
Old 08-17-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Thank you all thank you Kiki 🙂

Last drink was Monday had my friend over Tuesday didn't touch a drop husband had one last night and I didn't alcohol still in my fridge usually be gone by now! Keep getting anxiety and having some this morning keep have hot flushes but just trying to ignore it.

Hope everyone is well Day 3!
Old 08-17-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all on day 4 and had productive morning so far, sorted out my plants for the upcoming autumn and then planning on sorting out my kitchen draws.

keep on going all your all worth it x
Old 08-17-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Good on you 🙂 I need to tidy today after having friend over weather seems nice today no rain so far!

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
morning all on day 4 and had productive morning so far, sorted out my plants for the upcoming autumn and then planning on sorting out my kitchen draws.

keep on going all your all worth it x
Old 08-17-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I found a plus today I'm already not so bloated! Wonder what I'll be like in a month! Alcohol has made me gain a really flabby belly! This will be a great change! 🤗
Old 08-17-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

eremite, I had the same thing happen to me when I was at Target yesterday. I passed the beer section, looked over, saw a couple of familiar drinks, and for a second I thought, "Well, maybe just tonight...." But I shook that off fast. Instead of day 1 again I'm on day 4. Instead of waking up with shame and regret, I'm waking up fresh and hopeful. This is not going to be another wasted day.

Glad to see all the posts in this forum. It definitely helps me. Keep it up, everyone
Old 08-17-2017, 02:22 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sofedupofthis View Post
I found a plus today I'm already not so bloated! Wonder what I'll be like in a month! Alcohol has made me gain a really flabby belly! This will be a great change! ��
While I was trying on clothes yesterday, I noticed the extra flab alcohol gave me. I'm hoping to lose some of that flab! Time for some exercise.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:26 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Quote for the day

Old 08-17-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Good morning team August! Sounds like everyone is doing well and had a good day yesterday. Awesome! Weekend is approaching, so I am starting to plan ahead for any unexpected AV visits.

Make it a great day today. Attitude of gratitude.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

yup i am the same determined getting ready for the weekend going to have to be ahead of the game for this x

put washing on and out this afo also had a nap and a read so keeping my brain bz and body.

well done also on day 4 darkest im the same, sofedup yeah its great when the bloating goes down x good luck on your tidying today x thanks for the quote purplr x
Old 08-17-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Hi classmates! Welcome to all newbies. Starting Day #4 and feeling great! I'm losing the bloat in my face and can't wait to drop the pounds. When I quit for 10 months, I lost 40 pounds. Yikes, it didn't take long to come back on after I started drinking again. So, losing the weight is a big incentive for me.

Kiki... don't be sorry for posting. I love your posts and seeing the list of members. That's awesome.

Looks like everyone is coming along nicely. Keep it up!!