Notices

Class of August 2017 Part Two

Old 08-21-2017, 11:15 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hang in there Lava! I totally understand! My triggers are ANY negative feelings. I just want to numb out! Let's hang in there and try to find new strategies! We can do this!
Thanks, Kiki.

I need to feel the way I felt when I first quit in March 2017. I was so sure... So determined. So focused. My husband wasn't even home (he was away for a month) and I was so hyped up (even with loads of alcohol - left over from a party we'd had) and strong. Now, I'm just... blah!

But I don't want any catastrophe to occur because, well, first and foremost, who wants a catastrophe? And, also, I don't respond well to high stress situations; I usually just shut down and say '**** it!'

So, it's back to AA for me now, Dee's recovery plans, urge surfing, and anything else I can get my hands on.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Morning everyone. Day 2. Feeling a little better than yesterday. I have therapy today so that's good! I plan to discuss everything that happened on Saturday with him so we can work on a better plan other than alcohol.

Congrats on everyone's milestones! Keep it up! I'll check back in later! :-)
Please tell us how therapy works out for you. I've avoided it for a long time but I can't deny any longer that I really need it. I intend to schedule my first appointment next week, before we go on vacation... Just curious to how it's been working for you.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

So happy to wake up clear headed on day two, to a solar eclipse. Not a bad way to start my day.

Enjoy your sober moments everyone.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Almost bedtime here so just checking in to say today has been a great day. Nothing earth shattering happened, I did go to see my grandson before work so the day started joyfully (wee star, that's just how he makes me feel!) But even leaving there and going to work I just felt so good. Upbeat, happy, on the ball with work, good chats with friends.

I know we are at the start of the journey and some days have been really tough for me, but having a day like today makes it all worth it and completely reinforced for me why I am doing this. I want more days like today. I am GREEDY for more days like this. Sorry for rambling, sleepytime for me!

Goodnight all, sleep well.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Checking in at the end of Day 21. Three whole weeks -yay!

Still in hospital so you might say I'm cheating but sober time is sober time. Now to make a plan for when I get out...

Well done everyone on your progress. Keep up the good work. Forwards.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

My AV started up about 2 hours ago with feelings of sadness (that 3pm down moment) and then started suggesting that wine would soothe the pain but although I had several moments of really really wishing I wasn't having these feelings, I made it through without drinking or ice cream. Very glad that the moments have passed but I hate how it just seems to start up without much warning sometimes.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 weeks Forwards

D
Old 08-21-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Way to go, Forwards! And lyddie, for hanging tough.

I think I'm good for tonight and I'll call this day 9. I signed up for some work after-hours , which kept me out of trouble. Can't do it every night, but tying oneself to the mast seems to work in a pinch.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Quick check in before bed. Good day. Hard therapy session but progress is being made! See u tomorrow....
Old 08-21-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Day 10
Today was a pretty good day. We watched the eclipse over lunch which was kind of fun. I am just so tired when I get home though. My house looks like a tornado went through it, and that causes me extra stress. I am going to try to do just a little each night to hopefully get it looking a little better.

No real thoughts of drinking today. I have realized I do need to be careful to make sure I eat and drink regularly because if I get too hungry or thirsty, that is definitely a trigger. I have water by me all day but a lot of times the day goes by and I don't drink it. I am trying to watch that more.

Have a good day/night everyone
Old 08-21-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is 2 weeks and 1 week with no nicotine. Ive been thinking about alcohol all day. I know Im tired after a long weekend at work and feeling really freaking alone right now. Im not going to drink, but I let myself have the thought so I could walk myself through the real ending place of where it would take me.....hangover, misery, sadness, defeat. Ive been really able to tell the AV off for 2 weeks, but this new place Im in is kinda scary...I feel strong and proud, but really lonely. I know Im learning to Feel again and this may be what is the root of my problem today. I cried while writing this, lol, and I kinda feel better! Thanks for listening...
Old 08-21-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Day 9

Day 9!! Today was a good day. Thinking more clearly allows you to focus on other issues in your life and not how bad you feel because you are hungover. It isn't easy feeling so much and thinking so much about stuff. Grateful for feeling good and not being hungover.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lava256 View Post
Thanks, Kiki.

I need to feel the way I felt when I first quit in March 2017. I was so sure... So determined. So focused. My husband wasn't even home (he was away for a month) and I was so hyped up (even with loads of alcohol - left over from a party we'd had) and strong. Now, I'm just... blah!

But I don't want any catastrophe to occur because, well, first and foremost, who wants a catastrophe? And, also, I don't respond well to high stress situations; I usually just shut down and say '**** it!'

So, it's back to AA for me now, Dee's recovery plans, urge surfing, and anything else I can get my hands on.

I get it Lava....I have had times when I am so SURE I have hit my bottom and other times when I'm like "Geeze...maybe I am destined to die from this!?!" I've decided to literally take it one sober hour at a time. We can do this!
Old 08-21-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wrandi1 View Post
Tomorrow is 2 weeks and 1 week with no nicotine. Ive been thinking about alcohol all day. I know Im tired after a long weekend at work and feeling really freaking alone right now. Im not going to drink, but I let myself have the thought so I could walk myself through the real ending place of where it would take me.....hangover, misery, sadness, defeat. Ive been really able to tell the AV off for 2 weeks, but this new place Im in is kinda scary...I feel strong and proud, but really lonely. I know Im learning to Feel again and this may be what is the root of my problem today. I cried while writing this, lol, and I kinda feel better! Thanks for listening...

(((Wrandi))) Hang in there! I know how you feel. You are not alone! We are here with you! I'm saying prayers for you right now! Things will get better each day we stay sober... Big hugs!!!
Old 08-21-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lava256 View Post
Please tell us how therapy works out for you. I've avoided it for a long time but I can't deny any longer that I really need it. I intend to schedule my first appointment next week, before we go on vacation... Just curious to how it's been working for you.
Therapy is saving my life! I go twice per week. Thank goodness we have good insurance because after insurance it's only $15.00 per hour! I am so blessed to have found a guy that specializes in trauma AND addiction. He's an absolute angel!!!
Old 08-21-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

KiKi.......Thank You!!!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wrandi1 View Post
KiKi.......Thank You!!!
You're welcome! We just need to stay together & stay strong. This is F-ing hard but we don't have to do it alone.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
My AV started up about 2 hours ago with feelings of sadness (that 3pm down moment) and then started suggesting that wine would soothe the pain but although I had several moments of really really wishing I wasn't having these feelings, I made it through without drinking or ice cream. Very glad that the moments have passed but I hate how it just seems to start up without much warning sometimes.
Feeling the same lyddie....happy we have a place to come and talk about it!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Meow

(((Wrandi )))

Long, tiring day - but got good news. My son says he's quitting drinking and smoking. I gave him tons of encouragement and support. I hope it sticks.

Plus I picked up a 3/4 acre recreational lot for $150 at tax sale this afternoon. It includes membership in an association - three lakes, indoor pool, tennis courts, gated community. The association fees aren't bad, either.

So I celebrated tonight with a nice, cold bottle........of fizzy water!

Hope those of you about to start your day stay safe and strong, and those of us ending it sleep well.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:05 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Administrator

That is great news PC

D