Notices

Class of August 2017 Part Two

Old 08-17-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I have to make a plan or the weekend too. Luckily, the hubby will be gone tomorrow night for a retirement party for one of his co-workers. So, his drinking won't bother me tomorrow. I'll probably even be disgusted when he comes home because no doubt he'll be wasted. I may even have to go pick him up...

Saturday and Sunday will be triggers for me. I will be thinking of a plan to get through those two days for sure. I know I can do this! ODAAT
Old 08-17-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Quick check in before I head out the door. I'll catch up on the posts later. Have a great day!
Old 08-17-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 5!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

surrender, i joined the weekender thread which started today and goes on all through the weekend its just like this thread with a heap of people discussing things and helping to keep sober xx why not look out for it x it might help a little.

good luck and keep at it for the weekend im in same boat fri sat and sun are my biggest trigger then its evening time through the week.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by determined99 View Post
Attitude of gratitude.
That's a good one. Duly written out in my book.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Tired, tired, tired tonight, so it will be a very early night for me, not something I'm known for.
Today was better, more upbeat and solution focussed.
I needed that - the joys of what a good nights sleep can achieve.
I think also I have to accept that my moods may swing now they aren't dampened by alcohol - that sort of relates to the weekenders theme this week - stepping up and dealing with emotions - I may well be where you were a few days ago Jezzi.
Looking forward to this weekend, I find weekends easier somehow. A lie in sounds delightful
Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Kiki - Thank you for all you do for this group. You are the bestest cheerleader!

Day 5 and I am feeling really good. Had to have a repeat mammogram with additional views this morning. I had been so dreading hearing bad news and trying to make a plan on how to deal with bad news without resorting to drinking BUT Hooray! The results were excellent -- nothing seen and no need for further tests. So I am relieved and happy.

Hope everyone's day is going as well as mine has so far.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in at the end of Day 17. Still in hospital unfortunately. It's likely to be another couple of weeks before they let me go.

Seem to be drinking loads of coffee - at least 12 cups per day. Have switched to decaff for obvious reasons... Still, I'm not missing alcohol in the slightest which is good.

Well done everyone. Onwards...
Old 08-17-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Day 10, Feeling a bit low, I have a stressful weekend coming up and no internet access till Sunday. I will survive no way am I adding alcohol to this. Currently drinking Chamomile tea & off to snooze land, have an early start in the morning. Wish my August classmates a safe & sober few days. One day at a time, we got this
Old 08-17-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. I just read through the thread and everyone seems to be reporting success today and making plans to make it over the weekend which is awesome!

Purpl I love that Socrates quote! Forwards, keep doing what you need to do, you'll be home before you know it.

Attitude of gratitude indeed determined. I have had such a fantastic day out with the family, went to the safari park and the wee one loved it (so did I, so exciting!) I am truly grateful to be able to enjoy these time fully and with clarity. I am grateful to feel true joy in the people and the places in the moment.

Have a great day/night everyone. Stay safe
Old 08-17-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
Yes I did have a nice hike. Thanks for asking and most importantly I didn't buy wine on the way home. Day 4 is coming to an end and its on to Day 5 tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Wow! Great job, everyone! It is so nice to check in here and see such positivity and hard work. Attitude of gratitude, no doubt. I never did make it for a hike or to a meeting last night, but got lots of cleaning done and washed all the bedding haha. And today, updated my resume now that I'm jobless and searched for jobs. Going to a meeting tonight!
I'll catch up later!
Old 08-17-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I've had a stinker of a day. But I'm not going to drink over it.
Found out a family friend passed away this morning. Took the kids school shopping and drained the bank account. Then had our car break down on the way home. Luckily I got it off the road and shut down quickly so it's fixable. Hubby was our night in shining armor and came to get us right away with a trailer to pull it home. Got my son to practice 30 minutes late.... But he made it.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss ChickChick.

D
Old 08-17-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

It's embarassing to report that I am back on day 1. No real trigger except going to the shops and seeing my favourite wine outside on special. I then spent my food money on that instead and raced home to drink it. Now I have ruined my diet. I have been feeling really light headed sober so maybe I was anxious about that. My friend will hopefully bale me out and buy me some food. If not it's sausages on bread. Hope you are all going better than me.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey sweetichick -when I was quitting I used all the support I could to stay sober.

If I had an impulse to buy wine I'd put it off and put it off until I logged in here, posted, talked it through, and the desire died.

I made myself think about the last $20 I had in my wallet and made myself think of how many days before payday I was, and how much better that would be for me to spend it on food.

The other thing is - if your friend is the guy thats causing you so much trouble, I think you need to explore all other options and find another way to get through the week, because being dependent on this abusive bozo leads you back to drinking as well..

It takes a lot of work and change, staying sober, but it's worth it, Sweetichick.

You're worth it.

D
Old 08-17-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hey Team August! Just checking in on day 3. Had more energy today, feeling more focused and organized already. Helps to read all of your posts.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
Kiki - Thank you for all you do for this group. You are the bestest cheerleader!

Day 5 and I am feeling really good. Had to have a repeat mammogram with additional views this morning. I had been so dreading hearing bad news and trying to make a plan on how to deal with bad news without resorting to drinking BUT Hooray! The results were excellent -- nothing seen and no need for further tests. So I am relieved and happy.

Hope everyone's day is going as well as mine has so far.
Great news! Glad to hear you had such a great day and feeling so good! Congrats on day 5.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hello everyone-- Day 4 is at an end. I felt fresh this morning, but as the day went along, I felt more foggy-headed and depressed. I caught myself just staring into space while watching a show. I did some yoga, meditated, and walked the dogs. That helped. I'm now ready to call it a day and start anew tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear about some recent struggles in here. I'm not a big AA person, but I do like the serenity prayer.

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Goodnight, all.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Meow

Glad the mammo was ok lyddie. Been there, done that. It's disconcerting to walk into a cancer center as well (that's where my second screen was). Mine was clear too, thankfully.

It was a good day today. Going camping tomorrow. I'm in a much better place than last Friday.