Notices

Class of August 2017 Part Two

Old 08-17-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Checking in day 5

Day 5 here. Been doing good. Hit a few bumps but rolled right over them. Changing is hard, especially when it doesn't seem like the people around you want you to change.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Day 5 here. Been doing good. Hit a few bumps but rolled right over them. Changing is hard, especially when it doesn't seem like the people around you want you to change.
So true (re change).
Old 08-17-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Busy day. Just finally catching up on the posts.

Teaorcoffee: Thanks for not being annoyed by all my posts yesterday! . And by the way...my moods are ALL OVER THE PLACE too! I am like a crazy person. lol. Even my cat and dog look at me weird!

emme99: Thanks emme. I am glad you liked all my posts. lol. Congrats on 5 days!

Lilymaz: Thanks to YOU too lily. I didn't have time to post a million times today. Lucky for you guys. haha. It rained and stormed HERE all day too. I like storms.

Sofedup: I hope you are doing ok and got rid of that alcohol in your frig! Congrats on Day 3. I gained so much weight when I was drinking. Losing weight and not feeling bloated is going to be one of the MANY benefits!

Erratic: Congrats on Day 4. Sounds like you had a productive day!

DarkestHour: Glad you didn't pick up that poison in Target yesterday! I am sure you are really glad! Edit to add: I am sorry that you weren't feeling well this evening but glad you stayed sober! Tomorrow will be better! I love the serenity prayer.

Purplrks3647: I love that quote you posted this morning!

determined99: Great idea to plan ahead for that stupid AV! I have to do the same thing!

Surrender2win: Congrats on day 4 and losing alot of the bloat already! WOW! You lost 40 lbs in 10 months just by quitting drinking??? That is awesome! And thanks for letting me post so much sometimes. haha. Just ignore your husband when he comes home drunk. I HATE it when my husband does that. ugh.

areyoukittenme: Congrats on day 5!

decchemist: Hey! How are ya?

lyddie: Thanks for the compliment. I wasn't a very good cheerleader TODAY! I didn't have time to log on. Congrats on day 5! I do the same exact thing when I have to go back for follow up testing....I practically have my own funeral planned by the time I get my results! And then they say "everything is fine"! (knock on wood). So much wasted energy...

Forwards: Congrats on 17 days! That's amazing!!! I am sorry that you are still in the hospital. Hang in there! Coffee is better than alcohol!

SweetPeacan: Double digits! Woo Hoo! I am sorry you are feeling low. It's a few hours since your post so I hope you are feeling better by now. See you in a few days!

Elke516: How are YOU doing?

LunaBlue: Hey there! Cleaning sounds more fun than hiking or a meeting.....NOT! haha.

ChickChick: I am so sorry about your friend passing away and so happy you didn't drink over it! Sounds like you had a stressful day with your car breaking down too?!? You poor thing! I am glad you got through it sober! That is really amazing. Not sure I could have...

Dee: Hello!

sweetchick: Glad you came right back! I hope you got some food. Hang in there and every time you fall, just keep getting up. That's what I keep doing. I feel like I have fallen a million times but am never giving up!

Grateful: Congrats on Day 3. I am glad you have more energy today! I feel better today too. I think I am on day 3 too....or day 4??? Can't remember. haha. I will have to check my sobriety calculator.

PurpleCat: I am glad you had a good day today. Have fun camping tomorrow! I love camping...especially in the fall when its cool outside. It's really hot where I live. Yuck.

Rah555: Day 5 is great! I am glad you are changing for the better despite what others around you think! We support you!

Well....I am gonna get some sleep now! See you all tomorrow. I hope everyone else is doing well!!!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:29 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Morning all, the sun has gone away, but it should be a good day today.

Such good news Lyddie - that's fantastic.

Hope results day went well Dec and you coped with the pub as well.

(((Chick Chick))) Thinking of you. Sorry for your loss.

Forwards - good to hear you are doing well. Hope you have plans for when you leave hospital.

It sounds like a few of you are like me and rolling through the good and the bad.
It's the only way forward. Pleased to still be on the path.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Chick chick, so sorry for your loss, stay with us. x

I'm feeling pretty devastated about yesterday's events in Spain. I've spent many happy times in Barcelona and had a wonderful holiday in beautiful Cambrils just last year. So I am feeling sad, but not a chance will I drink over it.

Off work today again so going shopping with daughter and grandson. Spending time with them does my heart and soul the world of good.

Have a great sober Friday folks, and plan well for the weekend.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Morning . I didn't get logged in yesterday ,no excuses except I sold m computer and waiting an a new one from Amazon and yesterday was so busy .

I am sad for the attacks in Spain ,my son was in Barcelona for a week only a month ago and my Daughter and family were in Cambrils last year .
When will all this madness end .

Looks like showers today but nothing planned .

My daughter arrives back home from the lake district after a short holiday with her family so I will go round and have a small buffet prepared for them ,just some sandwiches and nibbles .

I watched a documentary in UK the other night ,PLANE DRUNK . I was cringing and found it quite disturbing to watch . IMO the last place in the world people should be drunk is on a plane . Looking back though ,when I was drinking I always had a good few drinks at the airport and on the flight but never crazy drunk like they were on that program . Not judging but makes me think how I want to stay sober even more .
Old 08-18-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

decchemist: Hey! How are ya?
Hello KiKi

How nice that you comment to everyone individually. 🙂 Thank you.

I am on day 19 today. Yesterday was exam results day and the students did very well on the whole so I celebrated with a cup of tea. ☕️

I skipped the pub lunch as I said I would though got made to feel a bit guilty about turning it down. I know that's my problem to deal with but I am a people pleaser and that's why.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all tx kiki for the mention xx

Thomas omg i watched that program the other day also! im the same i didnt actually drink really on the plan and never knew you could buy booze at 5am in the morning lucky i guess i never knew that i would of never made it on a plane x

I am on day 5 and had crap dreams last night which has put me in a dangerous mood which i think will listen to some music to level me into one mood or the other. When i mean dangerous not meaning about drinking which yeah i would have done but im refusing to. Meant more the swings of my mood and how i can become very destructive to myself in ways im learning not to x nvm ( i will be productive today)

will check in later and u all have a good day as u all
Old 08-18-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hey class! Checking in on a Friday morning.....I used to get anxiety as the weekend approached, wondering how I was going to keep from drinking. Now it doesn't really bother me (knock wood!) So when you hear others say it gets better, well, it's true! Let's stay close by this weekend

Old 08-18-2017, 02:32 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for all those hurting from the attacks in Spain.

D
Old 08-18-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Happy Friday team! Hope everyone is ready for another productive and positive weekend. Try and check in today and get that plan together, means everything. Speaking of planes, this journey will not be smooth and will have turbulence. Key is to expect it and not be caught off guard and standing in the isle so to speak when the old AV hits you. A plan is like a seat belt, helps you through the bumpy stuff of life.

Much love out to everyone, head high and be proud because we are taking a stand and doing this. Sunny skies ahead!

Make it a fantastic day today.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just a quick update. I started day 6 today and thought I'd give a run down on the progress so far:
Day 1, didn't really struggle too much but found I only got 2 hrs sleep and was very moody!
Day 2, same again but felt great when I didn't wake with a hangover
Day 3, I was on fire at work, so much energy!
Day 4, busy day at work, 5 hrs sleep, eating loads!
Day 5, blasted through my spinning class, boundless energy, and the best night sleep so far!
Day 6...today, feeling good again. Feel like I can start to eat healthily. Thought I'd get a handle on the alcohol 1st. Have had a few cravings. I used to drink 1.5 bottles pinot a night easily. Now I drink tonic or Bavarian 0% beer with a bit of lime . I never drank beer so to me it tastes like the real thing, and is way better than Becks blue! I have also been reading 'kick the drink...easily' by Jason Vale. It's actually really good.
Anyway, if anyone has found a great non alcoholic wine, let me know...i haven't!
Oh, and I have lost about 2lb but that could be because I only have the one evening meal rather than that plus drunken pizza and chips!

Hope everyone is Well! X
Old 08-18-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Nice to wake up hang over free this morning! Have a good day
Old 08-18-2017, 04:07 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Day one after a blip, the sun is shining, been for walk with collie dog, and been offered new job, hope everyone has a brilliant day x
Old 08-18-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Start of Day 6 - Feeling positive and peaceful this morning. Hoping everyone is finding the strength in sobriety to struggle through these early days. Stay strong!
Old 08-18-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Day 10 for me and I also quit smoking 3 days ago. Im pretty much just holding on to the reigns ...but if I get bucked off, at least I'll have both hands to catch myself with now! Have an awesome Friday!

Wrandi
Old 08-18-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Day 4. It's gonna be a busy couple of days for me. Our oldest son leaves for college tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday he was a baby. It's hard but I am excited for him! I just need to make sure I am prepared for me AV because it WILL pop up....I NEED to be ready!

Anyway...gotta go help him pack. I may not be around much the next 2 days because today we are packing, tonight we are taking him to his favorite restaurant and tomorrow we are moving him in to college! Sniff sniff!

I will definitely post if I need support! I have been praying ALOT for strength!
Old 08-18-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class withinme! Everyone has to start at day 1. One day at a time...we can all do this!

August 2017 Class!!!

PurpleCat
Forwards
Sober81
Lilymaz
teaorcoffee
Sath79
ReadyAtLast
Erratic
Doodles84
Michelle009
Eslsp
Surrender2win
determined99
fgo
Legolady
Awkwardkitty
Plenny
MNVikes4life
Jezzi
Flinders39
StartingOverNW
Islingtonite
Thomas59
Georgie123
DeniseLarkin
Evienne
LukeStanley
1StepUp
ghostgirl
courtneylove140
CaptainHaddock
Linners820
Poppy79
CJHolden
Susiegirl
Debbyjay
MovingForward1
Nic233
SoberNeveah
Atwitsend123
Pinky1
decchemist
snufkin
Purplrks3647
KIKI0615
Kgirl41
Thunderskies
Alock
DarkestHour
Horn95
LunaBlue
bblackbirdflyy
sweenzo
eremite
Lava256
Candie
BiskyRizness
Sunny06
GreatEscapade25
bllit
Jforce58
ChickChick
theVman31
Ekohe
emme99
Caramel
Areyoukittenme
Lyddie
Emzy20
Rah555
Sweetchick
Treesofgreen
Wrandi1
Grateful11
Sweetpeacan
Sofedupofthis
Garfield
Lilitheruffgem
Withinme

*LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT ANYONE! I am sure we will have more people join before the month is over.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Kiki...Hugs in sending your baby off to college! Everything is gonna be okay!
Old 08-18-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Originally Posted by Wrandi1 View Post
Hi everyone!
Day 10 for me and I also quit smoking 3 days ago. Im pretty much just holding on to the reigns ...but if I get bucked off, at least I'll have both hands to catch myself with now! Have an awesome Friday!

Wrandi
Hey hun congrats on 10 days and 3 days of non smoking. Have to say it is very hard to do both at same time i did it many moons ago when i stayed off both for a yr and then bang broke my leg off that dam horse 2 hands wasnt holding reigns right lol jk but i did fall and go back on that dam wagon. I found the smoking far easier than i did the drink. Im sure you can do so dont let me dampen your spirit hun x keep positive and save all that money up your saving from doing both i did that. Got nice holiday out of it xx

well for me its coming to the evening and ive been distracting myself with music majority of day. Husband will be back and he will be wanting to get his dinner and lets see what happens rest of the evening.

good luck on this evening all xx