SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August 2017 Part Two (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/414316-class-august-2017-part-two.html)

Dee74 08-12-2017 08:30 PM

Class of August 2017 Part Two

continues from Part One:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-one-20.html

D

KiKi0615 08-12-2017 09:37 PM

Thank you Dee!!!

And HERE is my earlier post:

Hi all! I am feeling restless so I decided to type a list of all the people who have joined the August 2017 Class so far! There are lots of us!!!

PurpleCat
Forwards
Sober81
Lilymaz
teaorcoffee
Sath79
ReadyAtLast
Erratic
Doodles84
Michelle009
Eslsp
Surrender2win
determined99
fgo
Legolady
Awkwardkitty
Plenny
MNVikes4life
Jezzi
Flinders39
StartingOverNW
Islingtonite
Thomas59
Georgie123
DeniseLarkin
Evienne
LukeStanley
1StepUp
ghostgirl
courtneylove140
CaptainHaddock
Linners820
Poppy79
CJHolden
Susiegirl
Debbyjay
MovingForward1
Nic233
SoberNeveah
Atwitsend123
Pinky1
decchemist
snufkin
Purplrks3647
KIKI0615
Kgirl41
Thunderskies
Alock
DarkestHour
Horn95
LunaBlue
bblackbirdflyy
sweenzo
eremite
Lava256
Candie
BiskyRizness
Sunny06
GreatEscapade25
bllit
Jforce58
ChickChick
theVman31
Ekohe
emme99
Caramel

*LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT ANYONE! I am sure we will have more people join before the month is over.

Lava256 08-12-2017 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 6570690)
Thank you Dee!!!

And HERE is my earlier post:

Hi all! I am feeling restless so I decided to type a list of all the people who have joined the August 2017 Class so far! There are lots of us!!!

PurpleCat
Forwards
Sober81
Lilymaz
teaorcoffee
Sath79
ReadyAtLast
Erratic
Doodles84
Michelle009
Eslsp
Surrender2win
determined99
fgo
Legolady
Awkwardkitty
Plenny
MNVikes4life
Jezzi
Flinders39
StartingOverNW
Islingtonite
Thomas59
Georgie123
DeniseLarkin
Evienne
LukeStanley
1StepUp
ghostgirl
courtneylove140
CaptainHaddock
Linners820
Poppy79
CJHolden
Susiegirl
Debbyjay
MovingForward1
Nic233
SoberNeveah
Atwitsend123
Pinky1
decchemist
snufkin
Purplrks3647
KIKI0615
Kgirl41
Thunderskies
Alock
DarkestHour
Horn95
LunaBlue
bblackbirdflyy
sweenzo
eremite
Lava256
Candie
BiskyRizness
Sunny06
GreatEscapade25
bllit
Jforce58
ChickChick
theVman31
Ekohe
emme99
Caramel

*LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT ANYONE! I am sure we will have more people join before the month is over.

Wow! 66 members already and it's not even the middle of the month! Good going, Team August! And thanks, Kiki.

Dee74 08-12-2017 10:04 PM

:tyou Kiki :)

Jezzi 08-12-2017 11:11 PM

just wanted to pop in and give some quick well wishes to you all before bed. Good night all :)

teaorcoffee 08-12-2017 11:27 PM

Morning all,
A bit of a dismal Sunday, but it should clear later.
I'm meeting some people to sort out some work stuff. I know one person is bringing Mimosas so this is going to be a challenge.
Have my drinks ready to go, so that I don't get sucked in.
I'm not chucking 2 weeks away and starting work tomorrow back where I started.
Lava, I reckon Dee is right about a plan. When I first come and lurked here, I was bemused by the idea, surely the plan is - don't drink.
I've found since that having ideas already in my head for how to deal with situations helps me to get through them more easily.

Lava256 08-12-2017 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee (Post 6570751)
Morning all,
A bit of a dismal Sunday, but it should clear later.
I'm meeting some people to sort out some work stuff. I know one person is bringing Mimosas so this is going to be a challenge.
Have my drinks ready to go, so that I don't get sucked in.
I'm not chucking 2 weeks away and starting work tomorrow back where I started.
Lava, I reckon Dee is right about a plan. When I first come and lurked here, I was bemused by the idea, surely the plan is - don't drink.
I've found since that having ideas already in my head for how to deal with situations helps me to get through them more easily.

Thanks, ToC. I will make that plan. The best at your work thing. X

lilymaz 08-12-2017 11:41 PM

Good morning everyone. New day, new thread! Thanks for that Dee. And thanks for the list kiki :) I noticed when reading through it that we haven't heard from some of our guys in a while. Please post and doing.

Night jezzi, sleep well. Lava, a plan helps. It doesn't have to be too complicated but it does help to have alternatives and actions to turn to instead of drinking.

tea, I hope your day goes well. I am with you, the thought of going back to the start is just not an option.

I'll be working today. When I was drinking I used to really resent that I worked every second weekend but I feel so differently about it now. Our police are doing a crackdown on morning after drinkers just now, a few short weeks ago I would have been in a blind panic about that on a Sunday morning. (or most mornings tbh!)

Another worry crossed off the list :)

Have a great sober Sunday everyone! :grouphug:

lilymaz 08-12-2017 11:43 PM

Please post and doing.
should read, please post and let us know how you're doing! I'm sorry, I blame my keyboard!

Lava256 08-12-2017 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by lilymaz (Post 6570753)
Good morning everyone. New day, new thread! Thanks for that Dee. And thanks for the list kiki :) I noticed when reading through it that we haven't heard from some of our guys in a while. Please post and doing.

Night jezzi, sleep well. Lava, a plan helps. It doesn't have to be too complicated but it does help to have alternatives and actions to turn to instead of drinking.

tea, I hope your day goes well. I am with you, the thought of going back to the start is just not an option.

I'll be working today. When I was drinking I used to really resent that I worked every second weekend but I feel so differently about it now. Our police are doing a crackdown on morning after drinkers just now, a few short weeks ago I would have been in a blind panic about that on a Sunday morning. (or most mornings tbh!)

Another worry crossed off the list :)

Have a great sober Sunday everyone! :grouphug:

Thanks, lilymaz. Have a great day at work.

theVman31 08-13-2017 12:39 AM

Thanks to all for your kind words and welcomes.
Im feeling like going Hill walking today.
So off to find a Hill.

sweetichick 08-13-2017 12:56 AM

Hello all. I would like to join this group after a two day bust. I barely get a week up and then go off the rails for a couple of days. This seems like a really vibrant group. End of day 2 for me. I'm looking forward to waking up sober tomorrow.

hpdw 08-13-2017 01:13 AM

The sun is shining in Edinburgh and i,m fresh ,happy and at peace .
I got my cemetery tasks done yesterday and its looking good with the new 6 inch high logroll edging and coltswold chipping stones ( couldnt find the little pickit fencing I originally thought about) . My wife and her sister renewed all the little flower holder things and renewed the artificial flowers which look great . I came home after the job ,bathed and ordered a chinese and watched the athletics together with my wife .Had a sound sleep last night and here I am after breakfast feeling the best ive felt in a while . Anxiety seems to have calmed down and I have a better outlook for the future .

Love

decchemist 08-13-2017 01:34 AM

Checking in on day 14. I have hardly been away from this site since finding it but have mostly been reading. As in real life I am quite quiet. A party/ social gathering is my worst nightmare - I don't do small talk, I find it rather difficult. That might seem weird when I tell you I'm a committed and enthusiastic school teacher. lol. Anyway, online for me is good as you can 'speak' whenever you want to.

Happy Sober Sunday all.

decchemist

Purplrks3647 08-13-2017 01:56 AM

Nice looking list, Kiki ~ Thanks! We've got a great group here :)

And here is a link to the Sober Bus if anyone wants to check it out....where we check in daily & go on silly adventures!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...us-pt-7-a.html

hpdw 08-13-2017 01:57 AM

Thanks for the list KIK .
I,m not one for small talk either decchemist to the point where I think some would say " hes a strange guy " I just cant listen to idle chit chat or gossip . Having said that I am seldome rude and do try to persevere as much as possible then make up some lame excuse to get away .

Purplrks3647 08-13-2017 02:03 AM

I'm the same way, Thomas.....people think I'm antisocial, but I'm really just minding my own business and avoiding drama! Then once people really get to know me, they can't shut me up :laughing:

OK I'm really getting ready for work now!

decchemist 08-13-2017 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Thomas59 (Post 6570808)
Thanks for the list KIK .
I,m not one for small talk either decchemist to the point where I think some would say " hes a strange guy " I just cant listen to idle chit chat or gossip . Having said that I am seldome rude and do try to persevere as much as possible then make up some lame excuse to get away .

Like you I am not intentionally rude but sometimes have to think carefully about simply responses. For example, if someone says "Morning, how are you?" I say, "Fine thanks." Then I have to quickly remember to say "And how are you?"
My younger son has autism. I think it must have come from my side of the family. :)

areyoukittenme 08-13-2017 05:41 AM

Hello all, this is day 1 for me. I was here back in 2014 and had some success, but somehow convinced myself my drinking problem was "fixed" and I could do it moderately. Of course, that wasn't the case.

So, just checking in, I guess. Riding out a hangover today, and then starting tomorrow I'm on-call at work for a week so that will help make it easier not to drink.

Venecia 08-13-2017 07:18 AM

Hello, August of '17!

I'm Venecia, from the SR Class of August 2013. I want to send my support to you all as you embark on this new chapter of your lives. Choosing sobriety and recovery is the best choice I ever made.

All my best.