Notices

Class of August 2017 Part One

Old 08-10-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Day 2 for me, n I went to pub for lunch, drank coke , n felt fine .Got called boring for not drinking, but I don't care lol 😀
Old 08-10-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! FINALLY checking in and the day is almost over! It was a crazy busy day running my kids all over town but I am sober so that is good! Tomorrow will be even more hectic. Busy is good. Idle time is NOT my friend. I did have a few drinking thoughts today but I quickly dismissed them.

Welcome Lava! Glad to have your here with us. I just joined the day before yesterday and I am only on day 3. I too have had a problem staying sober long-term but REALLY want it and am NOT giving up!

We don't have alcohol in our house but my husband drinks after he plays soccer games or he goes out with friends. I HATE IT! I can't even stand the sound of his voice when he has been drinking. It really triggers me! Sorry you have it in your house. That must be really hard. Does you husband know you are trying to stay sober? Have you told him how hard it is with alcohol in the house? Our homes are supposed to be our "safe place".
Old 08-10-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Hey Candie, good job not drinking today! I wouldn't have the strength to go to a pub and eat without drinking. That sounds hard. Glad you were able to stay sober.

:-)
Old 08-10-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary DH!

Awesome job ignoring the stupid voice, PC!

We'll be here, Lava! Hope to see you tomorrow if not sooner!

Hello everyone.....sorry I'm not very good at posting individually....I am home for the evening & pretty pooped ~ made myself go to the gym after work; I guess that means I have to go back tomorrow too?!?

Let's do this, everybody! Because to quote a fellow classmate (from March '16, Pelagic) "It's just better this way"
Old 08-10-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by candie View Post
Hi everyone
Day 2 for me, n I went to pub for lunch, drank coke , n felt fine .Got called boring for not drinking, but I don't care lol 😀
Good for you, Candie!
Old 08-10-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi everyone! FINALLY checking in and the day is almost over! It was a crazy busy day running my kids all over town but I am sober so that is good! Tomorrow will be even more hectic. Busy is good. Idle time is NOT my friend. I did have a few drinking thoughts today but I quickly dismissed them.

Welcome Lava! Glad to have your here with us. I just joined the day before yesterday and I am only on day 3. I too have had a problem staying sober long-term but REALLY want it and am NOT giving up!

We don't have alcohol in our house but my husband drinks after he plays soccer games or he goes out with friends. I HATE IT! I can't even stand the sound of his voice when he has been drinking. It really triggers me! Sorry you have it in your house. That must be really hard. Does you husband know you are trying to stay sober? Have you told him how hard it is with alcohol in the house? Our homes are supposed to be our "safe place".
Just to clarify....when I said "I just joined 3 days ago", I meant that I just joined the August class 3 days ago. I've been a member of SR for about a year and a half.

Well I'm off to bed. Therapy in the morning! Night!
Old 08-10-2017, 10:19 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
Good job lily! And tea!

So I talked myself into having wine when I got home from work. Rationalized very well that I should really try one more time to be a glass a day drinker. Could even taste it, that lovely glass of red.

However, I am happy to report that sanity prevailed at the last minute and I am now home with a nice bottle of black cherry sparkling water.

Yay me.

(Not that the stupid voice isn't still talking at me. Stupid voice.)
PC - Great decision, at least you recognised the voice for what it was. I reckon that has to be half the battle, not getting sucked in.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, alternating my days again - a quieter one today I think, hopefully the weather will be better than yesterday.

Lily - it would appear that great minds think alike. I have never been in one before, but loved it, an hour went by so quickly. I wasn't very good at it mind.
Nice job handling the pub, planning seems to be the key.

Welcome Candies, well done on day 2, good luck today.

Lava - good luck today, hoping to hear from you soon.

Have a great day everyone, there's a great thread going on about Fridays on the weekender thread at the moment.
Just one more day to launch us into the weekend. Today will complete two weeks for me - feeling quite happy about that, but a little anxious about doing it all again next week with work in the picture as well.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:32 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

1st time poster, long time drinker

Just wanted to hop in and enjoy all the fun! 5 days sober, and starting to feel a tiny bit of normalcy after these crazy few days (I'll spare you the details). Hi all!
Old 08-10-2017, 11:06 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Morning Friday people . I slept great from 11pm -5.45am without waking up .
Plan for the day weather permitting is to do some work on my wifes parents grave , I am going to buy new edging type fencing like miniture pickit fence 9 inches high then inside that some coltswood white chipping stones ,renew all the artificial flowers . This will make my wife and her sister happy as they visit at least twice a week .
She also has her grandparents at another plot in the same cemetery and I plan to tidy this up too .
Sorry of this sounds morbid ,it don,t mean it to be .

Anyway sitting here with my cuppa tea feeling well and jusnt letting things unfold as they want around my little cemetery plan .
Oh and no eggs for breakfast ,it would appear that theres a few dozen contaminated eggs came into UK from Netherlands .
Old 08-10-2017, 11:10 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome BiskyRizness

D
Old 08-10-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hi, I've made it 3 days sober and I'm so glad to have this forum. I tried quitting for the past 10+ years, but... there's always an excuse.
I need to stay sober for my own sanity, my bank account, and my family.
I hope I can stay in the Aug class, it's my goal to get through 1 more day...
Old 08-10-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunny06 View Post
Hi, I've made it 3 days sober and I'm so glad to have this forum. I tried quitting for the past 10+ years, but... there's always an excuse.
I need to stay sober for my own sanity, my bank account, and my family.
I hope I can stay in the Aug class, it's my goal to get through 1 more day...
Hi Sunny- the bank account certainly gets a hit when we are drinking to excess. Last time i got sober, i managed to save over $7000 in around 5 months- I use an app called QUIT THAT.. I find it a great encouragement xx
SR is definitely a great tool to get sober long term... We are all in the same boat so to speak... Well done on day 3 xx
Old 08-10-2017, 11:33 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Morning folks, very quick check in from me as I have a busy day ahead. Welcome to everyone who just joined, class of August is THE place to be!

I can't believe the weekend has rolled around again, Time to start planning for how we are going to handle it? I'm off to spend the day with my daughter and grandson today. Have an awesome sober day/night everyone!

Old 08-10-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

I am on day 6 today and feeling so much better than I did in the first 5 days!! I'm a little apprehensive about the weekend but I truly cannot take another drink- I am on thin ice with my teenage boys now, after another horrendously drunken episode last weekend.
I'm looking forward to getting more time behind me.. I Hope everyone here is doing well- A day at a time xx
Old 08-10-2017, 11:47 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Welcome Sunny and BR - this is definitely the place to be.

Nic, glad you are starting to feel better. For me, I reckon that weekends are going to need some planning for a while at least.

Thomas, good to hear you have plans and are so upbeat.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:48 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
Welcome Sunny and BR - this is definitely the place to be.

Nic, glad you are starting to feel better. For me, I reckon that weekends are going to need some planning for a while at least.

Thomas, good to hear you have plans and are so upbeat.
Oh me too!!! Hour by hour if need be xx Goodluck
Old 08-11-2017, 01:55 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Hello all I'm on day 4... and it is hard as I live with an alcoholic, but non codependent, as it is my father, I took him in, could this threaten my sobriety? 🤔
Old 08-11-2017, 02:09 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Old 08-11-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi greatescapade

It's certainly a challenge living with an active alcoholic but there are quite a few members here who do just that & stay sober so it's not a deal breaker.

If he wasn't living with you, where else could your father go?

D