Notices

Class of August 2017 Part One

Old 08-08-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Welcome alock, Kgirl, horn, thunderskies and darkest hour.

August seems to be the time to sort ourselves out.

Good luck to everyone who is back at work today. I had to go in and do some stuff today, was pretty busy all day and came back starving, hit the fridge and grabbed some yoghurt - last week that would have been wine.
Having a plan for coming home helped - will need to keep to it next week when I'm back in work full time. I feel your pain Surrender, I'm a little nervous about next week.

Glad you are back with us Debbyjay, keep going, is there anyway to avoid talking to your ex, at least until you are past the worst.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Good morning everyone! Here to check in.

Welcome Darkest, Horn, Thunder, Kgirl, and anyone else I hope I didn't miss. Hang in there Pinky- the first few days are the worst but they DO pass.

Today is the start of day 9. Tomorrow, double digits! I went to an AA meeting last night and met a lot of really nice people. This time around I plan to work the program (I didn't the first time around, and here I am) so I'm on the hunt for a sponsor.

Wishing everyone a great day/night. For those struggling today, hang in there, we can do this Here's to another 24!
Old 08-08-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Welcome to all our newcomers, and well done for being here. We can do this!

Day 12, its nearly 7.30pm here in the UK so approaching my craving time of 8-10 when it gets worse and the AV starts begging for booze. I am preparing a meal and cleaning the kitchen before putting the little one to bed then am going to have a nice hot bath and meditate to get through.

I am so so tired, I think my body is readjusting and feeling the tiredness I normally drink through and put off. The first week i ate whatever I wanted to get through it but the past few days I am eating real healthy and feeling in control.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I would like to join this class. I have been a member of March 2016 but relapsed last night and need more support. I'll probably just stay in both classes since I have such a bond with the March class. I'm hoping to bond with YOU guys too!

I've been struggling for a long time but am never giving up! I can't. To give up is to die. :-(

Anyways...nice to be here!

Sober date: 8/8/17
Old 08-08-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Welcome Kiki, glad to have you on board. It sounds like a great plan to get back on track.

AK - like the pampering plan - you know where we are if the cravings hit.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi all! Lots of new "faces" since I last posted. Awesome!

I made it through the weekend, mostly. Did drink a little. The first night (Thursday) was really hard not to, but I didn't. The second night caught me by surprise (in other words, I let my guard down) and I had a couple glasses of wine. The third day - which I expected to be the hardest because that was the reunion day - was super easy. Had no desire whatsoever to drink. Then I had some beer the fourth day, which was a hard day once again. No problem at all yesterday.

Still, I'm taking positives out of the experience in that more days were easier than weren't.

However, my heart is just breaking as I watched my 22 year old son drink excessively. I haven't been around him daily since before he started his senior year in college a year ago, as he lives over an hour away. His gf says he drinks like that every day. My drinking on Sunday had more to do with that than anything else, as I feel guilty that he's just following the example set by his father and me. I feel so helpless.

Well, enough about that. I can only control me....and I choose to not drink anything alcoholic today.

Rock on Team August!
Old 08-08-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Glad to have you back PC, onwards and upwards.
It's hard, but you'll have a better chance of helping your son if you are sober.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
Welcome Kiki, glad to have you on board. It sounds like a great plan to get back on track.

AK - like the pampering plan - you know where we are if the cravings hit.

Thx Tea!
Old 08-08-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
Hi all! Lots of new "faces" since I last posted. Awesome!

I made it through the weekend, mostly. Did drink a little. The first night (Thursday) was really hard not to, but I didn't. The second night caught me by surprise (in other words, I let my guard down) and I had a couple glasses of wine. The third day - which I expected to be the hardest because that was the reunion day - was super easy. Had no desire whatsoever to drink. Then I had some beer the fourth day, which was a hard day once again. No problem at all yesterday.

Still, I'm taking positives out of the experience in that more days were easier than weren't.

However, my heart is just breaking as I watched my 22 year old son drink excessively. I haven't been around him daily since before he started his senior year in college a year ago, as he lives over an hour away. His gf says he drinks like that every day. My drinking on Sunday had more to do with that than anything else, as I feel guilty that he's just following the example set by his father and me. I feel so helpless.

Well, enough about that. I can only control me....and I choose to not drink anything alcoholic today.

Rock on Team August!

I'm so sorry PC. That sounds so hard with your son. I have 3 teens so I know how much us moms worry about our kids. Hang in there.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Well I'm coming to the end of Day 8 though I'm still in hospital. Feeling much better - I can feel my strength returning day by day. I've completed the course of vitamin injections and am no longer being CIWA monitored for withdrawals.

Now of course I have to sort out my mental health problems before they will let me go and that could take much longer...

Anyway, well done classmates for all your achievements. Bye for now. Forwards.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. Welcome to all of the newbies who joined today, it's great to see you all here! The first few days were so hard for me but it does get better. Please stick around.

PC it's good to see you back. So sorry to hear about your son but hopefully he's going through a phase or something and will come to his senses.

Kitty, I started my healthy eating today too. Once the sickness subsided and I got my appetite back well, I have been eating for Scotland! No more.

Debby, good on you for coming back.

Tea, I too was one to reach for the wine after a stressful day at work, I guess we are here to figure out how to unwind without it.

Well done to all those getting into double figures.

I'm feeling good but tired, It's 10.15 pm and I can't wait to get to my comfy bed for a full night's sleep with no sweats or panic or pounding veins. Bliss!

Stay safe and strong team August!
Old 08-08-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi, I'd like to join this class. I'm no stranger to addiction or sobriety. I tend to get a few months of sobriety and then relapse horribly. This last time, I had almost 4 months of sobriety and then a bad relapse which lasted 2 weeks. It was extremely hard to pull out of and I detoxed at home though I probably should have went to the hospital. It was awful. But the good news is, I am now on Day 6 with no drinks and have been reading, watching and devouring all I can about recovery. I've watched a lot of documentaries on YouTube. I've seen my counselor. I haven't been to a meeting yet during the last 6 days but I plan to very soon. I went to meetings during the almost 4 months of sobriety I had and they were helpful.

I definitely see my alcoholism progressing with each relapse. I know about kindling. I went to treatment before and had several years of sobriety once. I'm scared. This last time could have killed me. I vomited in my sleep I blacked out several days.

Thanks everyone.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Alock View Post
How does one join the class of August 2017? I see no link. Does a Mod. do it for you? Just wondering as I like to join. Thank you.
All you need to do to join is post - so welcome

Welcome also to Kgirl, Horn, Thunderskies and DarkestHour.

Glad to have you here too LunaBlue - sometimes I marvel I survived long enough to quit

welcome back PC

D
Old 08-08-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forwards View Post
Well I'm coming to the end of Day 8 though I'm still in hospital. Feeling much better - I can feel my strength returning day by day. I've completed the course of vitamin injections and am no longer being CIWA monitored for withdrawals.

Now of course I have to sort out my mental health problems before they will let me go and that could take much longer...

Anyway, well done classmates for all your achievements. Bye for now. Forwards.

Congrats on 8 days Forwards. I'm sorry to hear you are in the hospital but glad you are improving and gaining strength. Hang in there!
Old 08-08-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LunaBlue View Post
Hi, I'd like to join this class. I'm no stranger to addiction or sobriety. I tend to get a few months of sobriety and then relapse horribly. This last time, I had almost 4 months of sobriety and then a bad relapse which lasted 2 weeks. It was extremely hard to pull out of and I detoxed at home though I probably should have went to the hospital. It was awful. But the good news is, I am now on Day 6 with no drinks and have been reading, watching and devouring all I can about recovery. I've watched a lot of documentaries on YouTube. I've seen my counselor. I haven't been to a meeting yet during the last 6 days but I plan to very soon. I went to meetings during the almost 4 months of sobriety I had and they were helpful.

I definitely see my alcoholism progressing with each relapse. I know about kindling. I went to treatment before and had several years of sobriety once. I'm scared. This last time could have killed me. I vomited in my sleep I blacked out several days.

Thanks everyone.
Hi Luna, I just joined this class today. I'm glad you joined too! Congrats on 6 days. I too had several years (almost 6) of sobriety before relapsing a few years ago. It was the worst decision of my life because I just can't seem to make it stick this time. BUT...I'm still trying! And so are you so that's good! I will need to look up Kindling. I don't know what that is...
Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Day 12! Loving it. Stay strong people.
Thank you for the support guys.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, checking in this is the end of day 8. I am feeling well and loving it. stay strong everyone,
Old 08-08-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wanted to say too PC - best wishes and thoughts to you about your son. Maybe the Universe is making it so you could be a positive role model here?

D
Old 08-08-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Congrats on your milestones Sober81 & Denise!
Old 08-08-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Checking in late but still sober.....thank goodness! Just wanted to say hello & thanks to everyone for helping me not poison myself today....let's plan for a sober tomorrow as well!