Notices

Class of August 2017 Part One

Old 08-11-2017, 09:57 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Hi all, I hope all the August class is doing well. I have been spending most of my time in my old class of November 2016, I just still feel like I started making real change back then. But I think about you all. Keep truckin
Old 08-11-2017, 10:01 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

What I mean (I was writing hastily) is that I still feel like a November baby, and I made some relationships that carried through so I still chat lots back there in November.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Good Morning all,

Today looks miserable again, hopefully it will clear up later and I can go out for a walk and do some stuff.
Glad you have found your space Plenny, you know you are always welcome here as well if you need us.
Jezzi, it sounds like you are surrounded by lots of love.
Nic and Purps, good to hear you are both doing well
and Lava, so pleased that you came and stayed. See you later for day 2, hang in there.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:43 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Morning , Sober Saturday @12 days for me .
Didn.t get my cemetery jobs done yesterday due to showery weather but im hoping to get it done today .
Slept 6 1/2 hours straight last night ,still like to get up about 6.30 though working or not I love this quite peaceful time early morning with no sweats and shakes watching the clock for 10am to come to sneak round to the shop . I feel free .I need to keep reminding myself that I creat my freedom or I can chose to lock myself up again by picking up the drink .
Old 08-11-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
NOoo! Rest back to Day 1.. only had 8 beers but enough to remind me drinking is **** and a waste of money..
Congratulations to those that have over taken me.

I'm in good spirts at least & keen as to stay sober.
Glad you came straight back sober81, stick with it.

LSC1 thanks for sharing, so inspiring to know you started out just like us!

Hey everyone! Sober Saturday morning here, my third in a row. Waking up with no remorse on a Saturday will never get old! Busy day for me. Working till 6 pm and then hopefully driving out of the city in the hope of seeing some meteors!

Have a great day everyone stay strong and safe and this site is awesome so if any of us are tempted we know to post here first.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
What I mean (I was writing hastily) is that I still feel like a November baby, and I made some relationships that carried through so I still chat lots back there in November.
I still belong to my class of Jan 2016- as this is where I did the most time and also built solid friendships x I'm going to post in both this time round though..
Old 08-12-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hey everyone Just stopping by while finishing my coffee before getting ready for work.....I mentioned this in the weekender thread too, how I can't believe I used to do this with a hangover on a regular basis! UGH
Old 08-12-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Saturday team! Sitting in an outside room with windows open, coffee in hand and watching the sunrise. Had some temptation yesterday afternoon but pushed through. I kept thinking what a bad investment it would be to sacrifice 14 hours of Saturday feeling emotionally and physically terrible to get two hours of beer buzz on Friday night. Glad I chose freedom as I feel wonderful and have a full day ahead.

Much love out to everyone! Jezzi, I get the sadness thoughts too, just try and realize that we are doing this for a reason, and each time we relapse it is because we get tricked by that stupid voice! Try not to miss that thing that is trying to kill you and disrupt your family.

Make it a fabulous day guys! We can and will do this.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Today has been a weird day.
Drizzle, drizzle, drizzle.
I did get out on the bike and do some shopping. Some cravings, but weirdly not when there was wine in front of me. It happened at random moments Like when I was riding my bike in the middle of nowhere. Like I said, weird.
Anyway, came home, rewarded myself with cake :-)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Day 2. I'd like to join you all. I had 2 weeks in starting in July. Then an unexpected vacation came up. I drank. Then I had 4 or 5 days in on vacation and drank again. Ugh. It's time to stop. No drinking or smoking at All. EVER.
I spent day 1 lurking on the thread. This looks like a fantastic supportive group.
I'm off to my Mom's to spend the day with my hubby and teen daughter. My Mom has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. So I am soaking up all the time I can get with her. It was so hard for me to be gone for a week 15 hours away from her.
No drinking for me today. I'm all in on the August Team! Have a lovely day all!
Old 08-12-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Welcome CC, Sorry to hear about your Mum.
I hope day 2 goes well, please post if you need support
Old 08-12-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

I would like to wish you all the best. I will reach three years of sobriety on Wednesday. I could not have done it without SR , especially the August, 2014 team.

HALT was probably the best tool for me. When you want a drink, HALT - think! Are you hungry? angry? lonely? tired or thirsty? Address that need.

When I stopped drinking, after 30+ years of trying, I babied myself. I ate rich ice cream and gourmet chocolates. I had mani-pedis and massages more often than I ever had. And, I still managed to spend less money AND go from a size 16-18 to a size 8-10. After about six months, I realized I had unknowingly cut down on candy and salon visits.

This is a time when you have to baby yourself and treat yourself. I found exercise a great help, too.

Take care!
Old 08-12-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Thanks teaorcoffee! Love your screen name. My mom has been alive about 10 months longer than was expected at the beginning. So I have been very blessed by that already. The fear of one day being without her is the hardest thing I've ever experienced. But I'm just trying to stay in the moment and be thankful for each day with her.

Scooter congrats on 3 years! That is so inspiring! I hope to be here in August 2020 saying I have 3 years.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Determined - Thank you for your encouraging words. That AV is a no good liar.
Chick - Welcome to team August! You're in the right place.
Scooter - I really like that you said this is a time to baby yourself a bit. I have found myself doing that and it's really refreshing. I was worried that maybe I shouldn't, but your post has helped me realize it's okay to indulge a little right now.
Tea - yay for cake! No hangover associated with that
Old 08-12-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Another Day 1. I hope this one is different.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Hey DebbyJay, hang in there. I know it's hard. I'm not far ahead of you.
Please keep posting.

Chickchick - just seen your location - haha!
Old 08-12-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello
I would like to join this class too.
Looking forward to getting to know you all !
Vinny.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Here and now

Joining this month. I've got to do this
Old 08-12-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I would like to join this class please. My day one was supposed to be a few days ago but I didn't make it, so today is Day 1.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone
Old 08-12-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

I'll join this class too