View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi everyone! FINALLY checking in and the day is almost over! It was a crazy busy day running my kids all over town but I am sober so that is good! Tomorrow will be even more hectic. Busy is good. Idle time is NOT my friend. I did have a few drinking thoughts today but I quickly dismissed them.

Welcome Lava! Glad to have your here with us. I just joined the day before yesterday and I am only on day 3. I too have had a problem staying sober long-term but REALLY want it and am NOT giving up!

We don't have alcohol in our house but my husband drinks after he plays soccer games or he goes out with friends. I HATE IT! I can't even stand the sound of his voice when he has been drinking. It really triggers me! Sorry you have it in your house. That must be really hard. Does you husband know you are trying to stay sober? Have you told him how hard it is with alcohol in the house? Our homes are supposed to be our "safe place".
Just to clarify....when I said "I just joined 3 days ago", I meant that I just joined the August class 3 days ago. I've been a member of SR for about a year and a half.

Well I'm off to bed. Therapy in the morning! Night!