Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 04-18-2018, 04:12 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Good morning class
Back from vacation and having seen family, I feel a lot more motivation to make this next few months really constructive.
There are so many sad issues going on with my family, I was able to reflect on what I have here and how to appreciate and build on it.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:18 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back DLB

D
Old 04-18-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hello Class!

Welcome back DLB! I am glad you are back from your trip safe and sound and with a new rejuvenated spirit. I am so sorry to hear of the sadness surrounding your family. I hope it is not long lived and some peace will come to you all. I am glad you had some nice weather though! That alone is enough to help lifting spirits. Sounds like your plan was a great help in making it through.
Well, the house fell through, as we were outbid. Might have been for the best, our house is in no condition to sell right now! This though will give us the push to get it together.
Ina, how exciting to think about a new puppy! Post pics if you do so!
Have a great, healthy, happy, sober Wednesday.
NACN
Old 04-18-2018, 07:13 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Just popping in to say hi!

I'm not drinking, which is great.

It's an exciting time of year, with spring finally kinda springing a bit. We have new chicks hatching on the farm, which is fun. The kids are naming them again, so so far we have "Bubblejet" and "Honey Butt."

I also just wanted to say sorry for your troubles DLB as well. Hoping for the best for you.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi NACN and GTB

D
Old 04-20-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hi guys
It is nice to see so many old friends posts today.
This week has gone well and I am (mostly) still up early , pushing each day exercise and work/study. Trying to make the most of all this. So much more can be done tho.

Glad you are not drinking, MrM. It is great to see you on here.
Thanks Dee for always checking in, and everything else you do. For so many people.
NACN, sorry the house fell through. I know so many people who are in double figures, trying to get accepted bids that they can afford. I guess house buying at the moment is about tenacity and patience.

As far as my family, there is such an overwhelming number of issues. I am somewhat removed, and protected, over here. Making the most of what I have here is probably the best I can do .

have a healthy, happy and sober day friends.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:48 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates
As is increasingly the case,my Mondays are always late starting. I am excited by the challenges this week and will be trying hard to be more consistent this week.
Sobriety wise, I am still all good . For me, it seems to be all about feeling happy and accomplished in my day-today life . A good balanced routine seems to quiet the occasional AV I get.

I hope you are all doing well and staying on top of your challenges also. This isn't always easy is it !!

Have a healthy, happy and sober day all.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Hey guys,
Checking in.

NACN - sorry to hear the house fell through, but I'm glad it's given you the push to get it together. Maybe it means a different dream home is on the horizon?!?!

DLB - so happy to hear you're home after a great trip! I am sorry though to hear about the sadness within your family - but I admire your positive attitude in the reflection of what you have and making the most of it.

MrM - So nice to hear from you and glad to hear about your sobriety! And those names your children picked out are hilarious! They sound like characters from a book!

Well, things have been good here. I've been working a lot and trying to get writing in. We're still looking into a puppy - we're getting another Basset so looking into breeders which may take months...but I will definitely be sharing pictures once we get one Other than that, I've been feeling strong in my sobriety lately, which means I'm being extra protective of it also....you never know that sneaky AV.

I also held a small pity party last weekend...lol.... I'm simply noticing now that I'm not drinking I don't get invited to a lot of places and the phone doesn't ring as much. But hey, that's life. At the end of the day, I have to put myself first. I think this summer I'm going to make an effort to join some classes or do something where I'm likely to meet people in non-drinking settings.

Anyways, the sun is finally shining here and it looks like spring may be here to stay! I hope you're all having a lovely day!
Old 04-23-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me a while Ina but my social life is as busy as its ever been now...my real friends don't care I don;t drink and I made lots of new friends who don't know me as a drinker
Old 04-28-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Just a quick check-in. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Dee, thanks for the encouragement I'm sure it'll be the same for me. Admittedly I have to make a bit more of an effort and get out there. Drinking was kind of a lazy and easy way to socialize and meet new people. That being said, now I can meet people over trying new things and actually remember conversations so it'll be extremely refreshing!

Not much else is new. I did splurge and order a nice pair of bed sheets this week which I'm excited to arrive. It was the kind of purchase that reminded me how much I save by not drinking...and how old I'm getting when a new set of sheets can excite me so much! Lol.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-30-2018, 08:50 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

Ina, I am like you I think, don't do a whole lot of socializing. I kind of avoid a lot of situations. I am gradually trying to get myself out there, and find that most times I am not really tempted to drink. I feel kind of far away from that person I was, you know what I mean?
And I totally get you about the bed sheets!!! That would make me really excited too!

DLB, haven't heard from you in a while...I hope everything is OK. I'm sure you are getting back into the swing of things after your vacation.
Take care and have a happy, healthy, sober Monday!
NACN
Old 05-03-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Just checking in. The show is in full swing, we are now in performances, about 7 shows a week going through May 27. It has been going very well, good group of people involved. Busy though, I can get pretty pooped, especially while still teaching classes! Classes done next week though, so that will help lighten the load.

Hope all is well with everyone, we have gotten pretty quiet here. DLB, thinking of you.
Have a safe, happy, sober Thursday.

NACN
Old 05-03-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Administrator

Break a leg NACN

D
Old 05-06-2018, 11:17 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

NACN, hope your shows are going great! Sounds intense but I bet it's a thrill and so much fun!

Things have been good here. I haven't been writing as much as I should, but everything else has been great so I'm sure that will come.

DLB, you've also been on my mind a lot. I hope everything is okay. Perhaps you've just needed some time away from the online world, I know sometimes I need to step away for a little bit. Just hope we hear from you soon as you're dearly missed.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!
Old 05-10-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hello Class,

The show has been going very well, my daughters' school is actually coming to our matinee on Friday! That should be fun.
We are also preparing for my daughter's HS graduation coming up in just a couple of weeks! I can't believe it. Very emotional time, hope I can hold it all together!

I do miss seeing your posts DLB, but most importantly I hope you are OK. I think about you every day.

Have a good, happy, healthy, sober day.
NACN
Old 05-10-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend guys

D
Old 05-10-2018, 06:17 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Just checking in with my old buddies here.

I haven't really offered much of an update on my recovery for a long time, but things are going well. I am still counting Jan 2017 as the start of my recovery, even if I haven't got a perfect record, as this was when I first actually, really, positively decided it was time. More properly, I am 52 days sober. Importantly, I am now more generally settled in my sobriety as "normal," which took a loooong time.

I actually feel good. In reality, I feel it has taken this long to get to a better place. In fact, the last 16 months or so has been very difficult. The ups and down from quitting have been awful, and only now do I feel I am out of the fog.

I'm starting - I think, I hope - to see some of the deeper, longer range benefits of being sober. I'm a better husband and father, more productive at work, happier with myself. Finding the right drug regimen has been a long road, but I think we have cracked it finally.

I also see a therapist, who specializes in addictions, once a week, which has been fine. I'm not sure therapy is something that is going to really change me, but meeting once a week and talking about recover and more generally is helpful. Another good way to keep recovery in mind and not drift backwards.

Anyway, great to hear the show is going so well NACN! I used to teach college, and know what it is like to have an audience hanging on your every word. (Those who were awake, in my case! hahaha)

I'd like to echo both Ina and NACN in saying I miss reading DLB's posts. You've really been glue that has held this group together, and I too worry when people stop posting!

I think everyone has slowed down in our posting as recovery becomes the norm. There's only so much to say about not drinking after awhile! I do read a little around the site every day, just to keep myself in touch with the most important thing I am doing that day: not drinking.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Great to hear from you, Mr. McT. I am so happy you have so much time under your belt! Keep at it and definitely keep us in the loop!

Good to hear things have been going well with you, Ina! Hopefully the writing will come.

Celebrating Mother's Day here. Nice day of watching soccer lol....only one show today (we usually have two on Sundays), so it is a nice light day.

Missing you DLB.

Have a happy, healthy, sober week.
NACN
Old 05-15-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Just checking in

So great to hear from you Mr. M! And I'm glad to hear things are going well for you

NACN - I’m so glad you had a lovely mother’s day and that you got a bit of a break with just the one show. Two shows in one day must be exhausting!

Things are going well here. My sister and niece are coming to visit in less than two weeks which I’m over the moon about! I’m currently cleaning and toddler proofing my apartment, which is turning out to be a huge task, but it gives me something to look forward to.

Hope you’re all having a great start to the week!
Old 05-19-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hello Class,

Just checking in. Rainy Saturday today, good day to get a few errands in and then just hanging out! I had two shows yesterday and two shows tomorrow, just one tonight. So, I think the rest is in order!

Ina how wonderful to have your sister and niece come for a visit! Absolutely something to look forward to, nothing like a little one in the house

Miss you very much DLB.

Have a wonderful, happy, healthy, safe, sober weekend.
NACN