Old 04-23-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Ina123

Hey guys,
Checking in.

NACN - sorry to hear the house fell through, but I'm glad it's given you the push to get it together. Maybe it means a different dream home is on the horizon?!?!

DLB - so happy to hear you're home after a great trip! I am sorry though to hear about the sadness within your family - but I admire your positive attitude in the reflection of what you have and making the most of it.

MrM - So nice to hear from you and glad to hear about your sobriety! And those names your children picked out are hilarious! They sound like characters from a book!

Well, things have been good here. I've been working a lot and trying to get writing in. We're still looking into a puppy - we're getting another Basset so looking into breeders which may take months...but I will definitely be sharing pictures once we get one Other than that, I've been feeling strong in my sobriety lately, which means I'm being extra protective of it also....you never know that sneaky AV.

I also held a small pity party last weekend...lol.... I'm simply noticing now that I'm not drinking I don't get invited to a lot of places and the phone doesn't ring as much. But hey, that's life. At the end of the day, I have to put myself first. I think this summer I'm going to make an effort to join some classes or do something where I'm likely to meet people in non-drinking settings.

Anyways, the sun is finally shining here and it looks like spring may be here to stay! I hope you're all having a lovely day!