# 243 (permalink)  

.....ok, off we go Mr Vipe.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Pretty cool, Axe!
Old 09-02-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Axe 4 weeks is awesome!!

Ok Canguy, I'm your wing man. In this case definitely Maverick to your Goose. Of course you could be Iceman. Mav and Ice both total jerks, so it's a fitting comparison. Pooowwweerr toooo the dangerzone!!!

Not a bad day. Man FaceTime makes it easy to meet that coach. Wow. I got a few things done and I'm in bed early. Still hurting from the other night.

Good night.

Viper
Old 09-02-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Lol. I'll have to check the references.......in Aus a 'goose' is a bit of an idiot, a 'nong'......so probably appropriate.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Top Gun.

Another day. I did a decent job getting through my books on diet and supplements yesterday. I only have 2 Supplements left I want to buy for this which is good. If this kind of program does the trick I'll be very happy. My sister helped me out as she is far more clear headed and organized than I am right now. She has a big heart, loves me, she's highly intelligent, is willing to help.... and many times the most stubborn, insensitive jerk-face I know. It's family right?

My father came into the back room where I was watching TV yesterday and said, 'hey, I want you to know that we are here for you and if you need anything at all, just ask. Even just someone to talk to.' I wish he was more consistent. The big problem with him is sleep apnea which he refuses to do anything about. You can't think right all day unless you're wearing the mask at night. I watch him sleep and it's scary as all heck. He's too stubborn. I can bring it up to him in a kind way.

Ok on with the day. What do we have Canguy? 3 or 4 days? You better have at least 1. I'll fly over there body slam you like the kid that was being bullied over there did about 5 years ago. That was awesome. Heynes? Kid was being bullied daily, turns out he's a friggin' bull. Hilarious. Then they tried to say he was wrong. My only regret about all of the bullying I endured is that I didn't put the bullies in the hospital.

Viper
Old 09-03-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

2nd day for me, Vipe.
I don't usually (...usually...says a lot) start thinking about days until there's at least 4. Four days and I'm starting to feel better again.

I'll check out the topgun reference.

I guess just appreciate whatever support you get offered from that direction and try and be understanding of their difficulties too. Easy to say of course.

Thought Father's Day would be a good time to relaunch.....and it's a beaut morning here, cold and clear, and there's stuff to do. And none of it is every gonna happen if still drinking.

Belting the bully might be satisfying.....but I think Oscar Wilde said 'living well is the best revenge'

Later
Old 09-03-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Good luck guys!
Old 09-03-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

No drinking is the best revenge against the chemical that took away your joy, robbed you of your sense of self, and ran away with so much time.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Ok, better start today. The usual late night sleepless knocked over with some novel reading in the small hours, then some sleep. Change it up....get up, out the door and a long 1.5 hour walk. Really cleared the head....coffee breakfast and into the day.

Have a good one all

Later
Old 09-04-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Love the Oscar Wilde quote, Canguy!
Old 09-05-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Ugh. I decided this morning that I am definitely taking too much OTC stuff to try and help me sleep. It had been working for a while - falling asleep quickly enough and staying that way for most of the night. It was a rough first week, but I got through it.

The last two nights I have had significantly harder of a time falling asleep. The last week or so I have had stomach problems. I am starting to feel groggy and sluggish.

I am a little frustrated that I will be sober for a month tomorrow and I am probably going to experience sleep like it's my first night all over again. I suppose it could be worse, right?
Old 09-05-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

7 mos today without a drop, and yet last night I had a drinking dream.
In the dream it was a holiday and I started drinking wine with everyone else without even giving it a second thought---in fact I didn't know how it happened, no decision was made, but all of a sudden I was holding a glass of wine and drinking it. Right away, I wanted more---I wanted the whole bottle.
I woke up so relieved that it was only a dream! It was a good reminder for me of why I can never have another glass again----because I will never be able to control it.
It's funny too that I have not even thought about drinking lately. We had family staying with us for a week who drank every day (but only one or two beers each per day----they are from a country where that is part of the culture), and I was fine with drinking soda while sitting with them---did not have to argue with my AV at all. They left a few bottles of beer in our refrigerator, one of them half opened, but it does not tempt me at all. Very strange how the mind works.

If I even think about drinking again, I remember the terrible anxiety---I NEVER want to feel that again.

Another thing that has happened is that I have recently confided in a few close family members and friends that I had a drinking problem and that I have quit (when I quit 7 mos ago I did not tell anyone).

Kudos to all who keep getting back up on the horse again. I am very proud of you all.
This is not my first try to quit, but this is my last, and you will do it too.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 7 months DC

Wishing you the best for natural sleep, Axe

D
Old 09-05-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

7 months is excellent congrats DC.....it must be great to feel as tho it's 'sticking' at last.

Axe.....hang in there, the sleep will come, and when it does you'll never want to be without it again. The OTC's may not be really helping. Does being physically tired make it easier? Chem sleep never worked for me....it's just like a sort of hypno - doze. Long distance flight type 'sleep'.

Day 4 kicking off here (Vipe?)......day 4 is always a first milestone for me, its the point at which the physical effects of the last go seem to dissipate. Sinus' dry up, eye's stop being sore and gritty. The fog starts to lift and it all comes back into focus a little. I've had the first decent sleep in a while.

Problem has been that Day 4 often has fallen on a Friday.....which, of course, means pm Friday the AV is flat out proposing a new regime involving 'just weekends'. Yeah. Sure. So a Wed day4 should give me a better run into the first weekend.

So....sun's out, been out early walking and the day stretches ahead.

Later
Old 09-05-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

I'll get through it. OTC taper and caffeine reduction is in effect. Tomorrow is one month!
Old 09-05-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear Canguy
congrats Axe!

D
Old 09-05-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Drinking dreams are the weirdest. And yes, always a great sense of relief to wake up and realize it's just a dream. Congrats on 7 months, Dau!

For whatever reason, I enter deep sleep pretty easily and stay down until morning. The exception being when I was drinking, and would wake up at 3:30, bladder full, heart about to knock its way out of my chest. I had a random wake-up around 3:30 a couple weeks ago. As I shuffled towards the bathroom in the pitch dark, those past nights flashed back to me, and I didn't miss them at all.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

I hate drinking dreams! I wake up so disappointed and ashamed, but Taft ends quickly when I realize I am sober.

Good night all. Sweet (sober) dreams.