Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 6

Old 08-25-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Yep! What did I do? Went to a new meeting tonight. Shared.

I am gonna hit my goal of 3 meetings this week. I'm gonna rock treatment next week and start honing in on a home group, sponsor, and starting my steps!
Old 08-25-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I'm house sitting as you know. The big doggy was pretty sluggish yesterday and not acting right. He didn't want to do anything. He got on his pad at 7pm and wouldn't get up. This morning he was still on it. Wouldn't get up. Wouldn't go outside. It looked like he was making an effort. I grabbed him around the chest with one arm and he couldn't get up with my help. Tried again and his back legs were useless. I lifted all 85 pounds of him and put him in the car and got him to the vet. He knew he needed help. He had a fever and classic Lyme symptoms according to the Vet. He's home now with a pain killer and Doxycycline. It's either old Lyme coming back or a new case. He should be right as rain in a few days. He's come back from this 10 times. He's 15!! That's old for a dog like this. Damn good thing I was on the case. That's my brother-in-law's baby. Such a good dog. They really are man's best friend. And woman's!

Another day down. The next thing for me to do is stop sabotaging my health with total junk food and go at the program the doctors have for me full tilt.

Ok I'm tired. Night folks! And good work all of you!!

Vipe
Old 08-25-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad pooch is on the mend Viper
Old 08-26-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Man, sober life. I am up at 8:45 on Saturday morning. Not 4-5 hours away from waking.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Got another one to add to the vodka ad saying "Pour Your Soul Out."

Heineken. "After Work by Heineken. The Only Meeting that Matters." Sure, until it's AA!
Old 08-26-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Administrator

you guys are sounding good

D
Old 08-26-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I'll wake up tomorrow with 3 weeks. This is all new territory since I admitted my problem. I like it quite a bit.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done axeman

D
Old 08-26-2017, 09:51 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Axey, three weeks! Yes dude!! A lot of hard work went into that, and it's so worty it. You are getting it done.

I got out today for a good while. I did not return and go to bed in the morning. The Prozac I was forgetting is kicking in, I'm sure of it. The exhaustion I had for months seems to be lifting. I stil have the other stuff, but being inconsistent on Prozac makes you feel horrible. Took a while to figure that one out. Hopefully that solves 50% and on to the other 50%.

Ok it's almost 1am I gotta go to sleep. Thanks!!!

BTW-Serious match with AV with the Prozac spike today. Then I magically got really tired and won out. Probably because because I got stressed that I just bought a ton of nice clothes at Eastern Mountain Sports and REI sales. plus member perks coupons and discounts. The thing about good 'outdoor' clothes (all I wear), is it doesn't wear out. It's bulletproof and loooks good.

Vipe
Old 08-26-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Administrator

sleep well Vipe

D
Old 08-27-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Vipe - doesn't REI have the worlds best return policy too? Like lifetime?
Old 08-27-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Vipe - how are you doing? Stacking those big sober days still, I hope.

Rascal - what app do you use for tracking the savings? That would seem helpful to me. I need to get out of the hole I dug into.

Retired guy - how is/was the trip? I'd love a check in from the road or a recap on your return.

Next - how is life after 6 months?

Canguy - are you back in the saddle again or at least thinking about it or prepping for it? Would love to have you back active!

And of course, PC - you gave me some early days of strength. Now that I have 3 weeks, I'd love to lend you some of mine if you need it.

On to another week for me - closing in on a month!!!
Old 08-27-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Hey Axe. I've been using one called Nomo Sobriety Clocks. Plenty of features, though I really just look at days and dollars. There's also a "time saved" counter, but I overlapped drinking with so many other activities I didn't even know where to begin with that. Congrats on your sober time, BTW

Vipe, I did a similar number on my anti-Ds this month too. Drug store called to tell me the refill was ready and I still had a week's worth in the bottle. EEeeek. Been there, can't let it happen again Maybe it's something about this time of year.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Ahh - I think I used to have that. I'll go get it again, now that I don't have to keep erasing and updating my clean dates!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Meow

Thanks, axe!

I'm hanging in there. Most days are better than not. DH has a cancer scan Wednesday and hopefully it will be ok. He's stress drinking a LOT, which is making things tougher on me. But I'll survive - sober tonight, so that's all good.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Sober nights are always worth it. Hope your husband is ok.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Axe! Yes 44 days now. REI has an excellent return policy for members ($20 lifetime membership). 1 year return for refund or credit or exchange for any reason. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Something like shoes is a tough purchase especially when they are $200. If they aren't comfortable after a 2 month test run, just bring them back. Anything in the store. You pay full retail (usually), but you get that policy. If it's something I know I love and I will grab deals at other stores when I can. 50% off $89 pants adds up! However I almost always get a product I've never worn or used from REI because there is no worry. Also if it's a pricey industrial strength piece of clothing or gear and it's coming apart after 1.5 years, they make it right. You can't bring in something you obviously abused the crap out of and expect a hassle free return though. Although they still take it back to a point. Everything goes into the computer under your phone number so they can see that you bought it and when etc. it's extremely fair.

LL Bean has the lifetime return and it gets a lot of abuse. They have good stuff but a lot of what they have is their own brand. My brother is big into Bean stuff. Its generally rugged. However the abuse in their system is rampant. People by things at rummage sales or drag stuff out of closets from 10 years ago and return it. They even have to spray orange marks unto returned items they throw out because people get a hold of the trash and return it. Not cool.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Going back on my antidepressants helps a lot. So does the cortisone they gave me. I'm feeling a lot better. I'm really hooked on the antidepressants. Withdrawal is brutal. I can't even imagine tapering off. They treat symptoms and then you end up hooked on Prozac for life. They never get to the cause of why there is not enough juice in your brain.

I'm getting up in the morning and staying up all day. Big improvement. I was up at 7, showered and cleaned my room by 7:40 and at the coffee shop at 8.

Now I need to get into this hardcore diet and treatment plan and I can't get well fast enough. Living at my parents is a drag. My father is more and more of a nut job. Weird, paranoid, stupid. I'd call him the R word if it was not offensive. That's the word we need here. And something could happen health wise with them any day and I don't want to be living there. 30 years of suffering with illness and no life is enough for me. There not s chance in hell im giving my life up. I'm outta here.

I think increasing the life coach visits is in order. I'm done with my regular therapist as he was kind of a bitch the last time I was in there and nothing left for me there.

If I reflect on what my day was like 44 days ago and today, things have definitely improved. Not sleeping all day. Never take allergy pills. Able to hang out with my nephew until 11pm watching Game of Thrones and drive home. Able to take my meds regularly. Better memory. Less worrying. Less pain. Etc. it took longer than it ever has but imptovemtment is happening.

A lot of it is health conditions that is holding me back, but now I can follow a program that gets them under control and possibly eliminates 50% of them for good. Without refraining from booze that isn't possible.

Viper
Old 08-29-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

First NA meeting tonight. It was cool, but way different. Much younger, probably no surprise there. Way more joking around and chatter, but some was really endearing. Seemed like people were serious about being clean. Some were into step work. Everyone seemed to get the program overall though - higher power, prayer, shedding selfishness, the "we".

Most of all - way more hugging!

I grabbed a guy's number and will check out that meeting again and maybe another he mentioned on saturdays. Gotta be in it to win it right?
Old 08-30-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Currently camping in Bighorn National Forest in Wyoming. Caught a bunch of trout this morning. Currently sitting in a bar at 8300 ft above sea level. I am here for the Wi-Fi not the booze (drinking diet coke)! It is great to be able to be in a bar and not have any cravings.

I am pleased to see Ax and Vipe still continuing down the sober highway. It is a wonderful journey!