Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-03-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

On day 16. After work I went to a store to get some bread (they also sell alcohol)
As I went to pay, the guy behind the counter recognised me as asked "no wine tonight?"

I replied no and behind him was a wall of drink. I glanced at it and I'm glad to say, it had absolutely no affect on me. I was happy just getting some food and going home to chill. I'm really glad I didn't get that internal demon saying "you know you could buy some booze"
I don't need it. The only 6pack I've been buying has been diet coke and that's enough for me :-)
Old 07-03-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
On day 16. After work I went to a store to get some bread (they also sell alcohol)
As I went to pay, the guy behind the counter recognised me as asked "no wine tonight?"

I replied no and behind him was a wall of drink. I glanced at it and I'm glad to say, it had absolutely no affect on me. I was happy just getting some food and going home to chill. I'm really glad I didn't get that internal demon saying "you know you could buy some booze"
I don't need it. The only 6pack I've been buying has been diet coke and that's enough for me :-)
I was always so worried that people from the liquor stores would start recognizing me and noticing how often I bought vodka, I'm glad we don't have to worry about that anymore :-)
Old 07-03-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Well, tonight at 8:00pm will be two weeks for me! I got up early, worked in the garden, prepped some meals for the week and got some house work done. My husband is smoking some chicken for me and pork for him and the kids so it should be a yummy dinner. I can't believe I made it through my birthday and a holiday weekend without drinks. That is definitely a first!
Old 07-03-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Currently it's 14 minutes past midnight where I live, so theoretically, it's the beginning of 8th day for me .

I got to admit things are allready improveing , might be my young age- only 25 but I finally can sleep. I sleep alot now, easly 10+ hours a night. Which I've heard is a good sign because most of the healing happens when we're a sleep. But it's a good kind of sleep, I wake up refreshed.

The "cloud", that out of the world sensation during last week started to fade today. I finally felt like I'm back to my old "innocent" self, when I didn't drink like 5 years ago. It sure feels good. My face is starting to get back to normal, I dont feel ashamed looking into the mirror anymore, no more anxiety and self respect is coming back. Accually getting some female attention walking along the street which is nice , maybe I got it beforer too, I was just so ashamed of my self and did not notice, because I only looked down.

I hope it only gets better from here, so far, so good.

Went to the gym today, planning on going tomorrow too. First thing in the morning .

Whish you all a good night or day! I'm going to sleep. Thank you for your support!
Old 07-03-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats to both mandosca and Guyfromthenorth for their milestones. Wishing everyone a safe and sober evening!
Old 07-03-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Well into Day 3 here! So fresh! Love not being hungover. #notetoself Remember this
Old 07-03-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
Good to see you ready! Great on five days! Hope your trip to the beach is fun!
Great to see you too Stubbs! Beach was great!
Old 07-03-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
Thank you Ready to do... :-). It sounds like you had a great productive day! Doesn't it feel great to get things done? I am so far ahead with my cleaning and chores!
It does feel great! I don't even know how I somehow made it by while drinking....barely.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm in. Day 5 here, so technically puts me in June but I wasn't sober for enough of June to say I got on the wagon in June.

I haven't joined a class of thread since August, but I am ready to "declare" now lol
Old 07-03-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey fellow classmates! It's July 3rd here in the US. Fireworks have begun and I'm on the couch with my s/o and dog. Just put the baby to bed and finally relaxing. Day 7 and will wake up tomorrow without the dreaded hangover and ready to celebrate July 4th
Old 07-03-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Made it thru another day. Actually, just had a great money blessing. Our home, will be paid off soon, and upgrading our lifestyle. Newer cars are in the pic, and will be finally able to save some money. For nice trips, fixing up the house, etc. I feel so grateful and thankful today! Just more reasons to stay on the sober path! Have a great evening all. ♡♡♡
Old 07-03-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Made it thru another day. Actually, just had a great money blessing. Our home, will be paid off soon, and upgrading our lifestyle. Newer cars are in the pic, and will be finally able to save some money. For nice trips, fixing up the house, etc. I feel so grateful and thankful today! Just more reasons to stay on the sober path! Have a great evening all. ♡♡♡
Please tell me u aren't buying brand new?
Old 07-03-2017, 07:12 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by needshelp111 View Post
Please tell me u aren't buying brand new?
Oh no, we are just upgrading old, old hoopdie cars. 03 Tiburon, gt, and old Ford explorer. Loved my Tib, but getting too old to do sports cars. Explorer was way old, but still running great. Will be nice to be in better cars. Thinking four door sedans now, maybe a cute crossover? Can buy new, but need that cash in bank. We are very conservative here..lol. Coming up on retirement age. Gotta live frugally.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Im also excited about my annual 4th of July sale at my local thrift store. Most holidays, its 50 percent off all merchandise. Im not ashamed to say I love thrifting. Ive found so much good stuff in thrifts. Even if I was rich, this is still one of my fav things to do.
Afterall, who doesnt love a bargin? I also got very lucky today. My Moms friend was getting rid of two high quality pool chaise loungers. Gave them to me, free! These will go well, looking sweet with my new patio umbrella. I feel very blessed, today.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I guess I sound really shallow here. Things are not that important to me. God knows, Ive been poor all my life. I just wanted to share, about how my life has finally, turned around. I went thru years of financial hell, family problems, stress, anxiety. Its finally beginning to turn out for the better. After years of turmoil, and stress, I finally see some good things coming to fruition. And, for that, I consider to be very blessed! I made it thru the storms. Now I can focus on me. Thank you Lord JESUS. So happy to be a part of July class.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Day 17 and just had breakfast. I love that I make the time for breakfast now. If I had of been drinking, I'd have had nothing, been hungry in work then bought crap food out of the canteen.
Hope everyone has a great sober day:-)
Old 07-03-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I guess I sound really shallow here. Things are not that important to me. God knows, Ive been poor all my life. I just wanted to share, about how my life has finally, turned around. I went thru years of financial hell, family problems, stress, anxiety. Its finally beginning to turn out for the better. After years of turmoil, and stress, I finally see some good things coming to fruition. And, for that, I consider to be very blessed! I made it thru the storms. Now I can focus on me. Thank you Lord JESUS. So happy to be a part of July class.
You don't sound shallow at all, just grateful for some of the blessings in your life. You worked hard to get where you are, and should be proud of it!
I am also a thrift store lover!
Old 07-04-2017, 01:16 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! Day one for me. I'm starting to have memory problems, forgetting numbers I use every day. not knowing if I have dreamt something or if it really happened. I'm the most overweight I've ever been, and its giving me aches and pains and I'm distancing myself from everyone again. I need to stop drinking, physically, mentally,emotionally, financially.

Wishing you all well, We can do this. :o)

Oh and happy independence day to those over the pond!
Old 07-04-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Hi Everyone! Day one for me. I'm starting to have memory problems, forgetting numbers I use every day. not knowing if I have dreamt something or if it really happened. I'm the most overweight I've ever been, and its giving me aches and pains and I'm distancing myself from everyone again. I need to stop drinking, physically, mentally,emotionally, financially.

Wishing you all well, We can do this. :o)

Oh and happy independence day to those over the pond!
Welcome Easyrider! Yes, drinking does a number on us, doesn't it? Within a few days (for me at least) positive changes are evident...thinking is clearer, mood is better, anxiety lessens, bloating dissipates and my complexion is significantly improved...among many others. Glad to have you here! We can beat this!
Old 07-04-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I just found out ethanol is a class 1 carnagenic, the same as asbestos. I'm disgusted its taken me to the age of 35 to find that out.