SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/412052-class-july-2017-support-thread-part-one.html)

Dee74 07-01-2017 03:38 AM

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Welcome Everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of July 2017

come and join us!

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Word...blue_couch.gif

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/4a...3cec97.png_256

The latest June thread is here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-14.html

D

Stubbs16 07-01-2017 07:28 AM

Im in. Been here before, failed, taking another shot at it. So sick and tired of being a slave to alcohol. Im getting my life back, starting today. Happy July 1. :)

Delilah1 07-01-2017 12:39 PM

Welcome to all joining the July of 2017 class!! SR is a wonderful resource, and has been the biggest part of my sobriety. Read and post often. Use this thread and others to get support from the other amazing members on this forum. You can do this, and I promise sobriety is worth it!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you on here.

❤️Delilah

MidnightBlue 07-01-2017 12:53 PM

Hi, all!

I am from October 2012 class and SR played a tremendous role in me getting and staying sober for 4 years and 8+months.

I encourage everyone who needs to get alcohol out of their life to join this place and give your sober life a chance. You won't regret it!

:grouphug:

mandosca 07-01-2017 03:57 PM

Boy, I hope the class gets bigger soon! I am on day 12 but wanted to wait to join the July class since today's my B-day and I wanted to have some good solid sober days behind me before I joined. :-)

Dee74 07-01-2017 04:13 PM

Welcome Stubbs and Mandosca :)
The group will grow :)

D

Stubbs16 07-01-2017 04:15 PM

Happy Bday Mandosca. Great job on 12 days!

Stubbs16 07-01-2017 04:19 PM

Hi Dee! Thanks for the welcome, glad to be back. Missed SR.

Readytodothis 07-01-2017 04:29 PM

Hi all!! On day 5 here! Was in the February class-lasted a couple of months and unfortunately relapsed. I feel more ready than ever to live a healthy, happy, sober life.
Had a great day and evening so far. Exercised, ate healthy (for the most part), spent time with family and got some chores done :) Going to the beach tomorrow with my daughter and s/o....it'll be my first sober beach trip in a long time! I can't wait! Have a great day all and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Dee74 07-01-2017 05:28 PM

Happy Birthday Mandosca :)

D

CaseyW 07-01-2017 06:38 PM

Happy birthday Mandosca!

I look forward to seeing this July class grow and prosper in recovery. July classes will always have a soft spot in my heart since July 2013 is when I first discovered SR and I'm still a proud, active member of the July 2013 class here. (As well as the March 2016 class.)

Congrats to everyone who made the decision to not drink today!

mandosca 07-01-2017 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 (Post 6521144)
Happy Bday Mandosca. Great job on 12 days!

Thank you Stubbs,,, to be honest I BARELY made it through today.. it was a rough one for sure... But I am sober and thats all that matters!

mandosca 07-01-2017 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Readytodothis (Post 6521157)
Hi all!! On day 5 here! Was in the February class-lasted a couple of months and unfortunately relapsed. I feel more ready than ever to live a healthy, happy, sober life.
Had a great day and evening so far. Exercised, ate healthy (for the most part), spent time with family and got some chores done :) Going to the beach tomorrow with my daughter and s/o....it'll be my first sober beach trip in a long time! I can't wait! Have a great day all and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Congrats on Day 5, thats awesome... Have a fantastic day at the beach.. It will be so much nicer without a hangover! :-)

mandosca 07-01-2017 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyW (Post 6521306)
Happy birthday Mandosca!

I look forward to seeing this July class grow and prosper in recovery. July classes will always have a soft spot in my heart since July 2013 is when I first discovered SR and I'm still a proud, active member of the July 2013 class here. (As well as the March 2016 class.)

Congrats to everyone who made the decision to not drink today!

Thank you Casey!!!

mandosca 07-01-2017 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6521238)
Happy Birthday Mandosca :)

D

Thank you Dee, first sober Birthday in a LONG time... :-)

jhay 07-01-2017 08:01 PM

I would like to join. Three years ago today I lost my mother to alcohol, and yesterday morning I went into an epidural injection procedure painfully hungover. It's just not worth it. This isn't my first rodeo and hopefully my last "try". If I keep reacting and coping with alcohol and substances like she did I know I will die in the same manner.

Dee74 07-01-2017 08:15 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, but welcome back jhay :)

D

Readytodothis 07-02-2017 04:33 AM

Happy Belated Mandosca!!!
Another great morning waking up without a hangover. I've thrown some laundry in, cleaned up the house a bit, paid some bills and am currently playing with my toddler (and cruising SR) until she goes down for a nap. Then working out and having a healthy, not-so-delicious smoothie after :) If I drank yesterday/last night, I would have pushed all the morning responsibilities onto my s/o and gone back to bed. I would not have exercised and eaten like crap all day. I would have lost precious time with my child and s/o. The bills would have been pushed off to another day. The laundry and cleaning house would have been done haphazardly or not at all. I am thankful for another day of sobriety and looking forward to a sober day at the beach with those I love! Have a nice day classmates!

Trees39 07-02-2017 07:51 AM

Me too. I'm in.
I started drinking again. New change happening and I'm not coping. and I look okay on the outside to the world but I know I am unraveling again. I just keep denying it.
It's hard to keep to a plan when you convince yourself you don't need one. I'm in danger of screwing up big time so I'm back again.

citygirl30 07-02-2017 09:52 AM

Hi everyone, I joined in late June and failed. 🙄
I'm class of July. This will work this time, I can't give in!
Hope you everyone is having an easier weekend than me.